Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Horizontal lines on my neck!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Morphy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
I'm 28 and very annoyed at the ever deepening horizontal lines on my neck! Is this normal for someone my age? (They extend from side to side and are quite deep). Please if anyone can help with ideas or suggestions on products!
Thanks.
Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
They are getting really good results with Botox for the "rings" around the neck! Probably worth seeing a great dr about it.
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Morphy, I had great results with Skinbiology copper petides on my neck & very quickly.
But I'm thinking that maybe the neck lines may be the result of posture or some misalignment. When you change the placement of your head, neck, shoulders do the lines seem to decrease a little? It's just that you're still very young. Which is a good thing because it's easier for your skin to bounce back. Just thought I'd mention the posture thing.
Copper peptides were great for me but I bet C serum & exfoliating with ahas would help alot too.
hth
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Regular use of Retin-A on my neck at night and C serum/sunscreen every AM have erased these for me. I agree that good posture will prevent the formation but sometimes you just can't help how you sleep. Anyhow, Retin-A and C serum thicken your skin so it's harder for creases to form. Good luck!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Morphy wrote:
Hello,
I'm 28 and very annoyed at the ever deepening horizontal lines on my neck! Is this normal for someone my age? (They extend from side to side and are quite deep). Please if anyone can help with ideas or suggestions on products!
Thanks.

Sounds like you could be dehydrated in that area. The biggest mistake I made over the years is not taking care of my neck as I did my face. With consistant: cleansing, toning, moisturizing your neck area should look better rapidly. If I could get improvement with my mature skin certainly you can. Smile Chin UP now Wink

Agree a Vit. C Serum and SPF is a must.
mojocat
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
i experience the same problem of neck lines. In fact i noticed some faint rings around my collar bone area as well. Is it even possible to hv lines there when the skin there hardly creases? Such lousy luck i have with skin!!! I only started to pay more attention to my neck recently and it is confined to moisturising (when i remember). What would u recommend as a gd routine for it? Is toning and all that really necessary? I dont even tone my face. What about a gd neck cream? What is copper peptide and what does it do? Will it really help those lines?
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have the dreaded tree rings around my neck Laughing However, mine is pretty much heredity. Everyone in my family has them. Retinoid may help soften the lines but start slowly since the skin on your neck is pretty thin and sensitive. Also using sunscreen on your neck everyday is definitely a good thing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I was going to say you're probably dehydrated in that area too.

I was the same, never used any products on my neck and had those necklace lines also. I started using the neck/decollate cream by Decleor a couple of months back and it's made a huge difference. Now I always take my moisturiser down onto my neck area too.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
20s is way too young to start using Botox. It causes muscle atrophy and after 15-20 years I think people will see really bad results from that. If you're 60 now it won't matter but at 20-30 you'll look older at 50.

I agree that vit C is a must because it thickens skin also maybe Matrixyl (you can get this from the Personal Formulator). A pH balanced glycolic acid cream may also be good as this has been shown to thinken the skin. I'm around 50 and have almost no lines after using these products for about 9 months.
Morphy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Thanks so much for the responses! Very insightful!!!

It didn't occur to me that I wasn't moisturizing my neck enough, I do have very dry skin. I also never thought of the posture issue. It's true, but I'm not quite sure I can change my posture all that much. (I'm making a point of becoming more aware of it though and I noticed someone recently posted a link to neck exercises).

About the vitamin C serum: can someone please make recommendations on specific products? Hopefully something that can be used with a moisturizer (again due to very dry skin), and won't clog pores.

Thanks! Very Happy
Lucky

Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi! although i'm still torn between TNS and Alpha Derma CE, I've tried Alpha Derma CE on my throat and was really impressed with quick results on my neck lines. I followed it with the comparitively inexpenive (8 oz., I think for $16.00) Elastin/Collagen lotion in their Janson-Beckett spa line, which is huge, and much less expensive. Also, I got a coupon for $10.00 off my next order, and I asked for a sample of one of their other products and got that for free.
iceblueboy

Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
i've recently noticed this problem on myself (just turned 35).....although i have been gymming it for 18 years now without a break and have ALWAYS looked after myself to the enth degree....the ONLY thing i have changed is my upright rows after a back problem. I have ALWAYS done them and i'm thinking this had probably been the muscle that had kept them at bay. My traps (this is the muscle that is around the area where these lines appear)had always been given a good workout prior....

One major thing which people haven't mentioned here is the way that people sleep. Do most people (as i do) sleep on their side or with their arms above their head. I think you'll find that if you do it's actually creasing the neck for the entire 8 or so hours that you are asleep....you just have to feel your skin to see the creases it's making.

i'm now trying to sleep on my back with my arms beside myself and it does seem to be helping....hard though as i've done it my whole life.

my partner who is 10 years my junior has the same lineage as me and is a side sleeper with arms above head too........

anyway going to start using some retin A cream, get my Trapezius exercises back into my gym program and try to sleep on my back now so i'm not creasing the cr@p out of my neck when i sleep : )

Also, i'm assuming that sleeping in an airconditioned room hadn't been helping my skin so have eliminated my airconditioner in place of a ceiling fan.....gotta love ageing :P I guess all we can do is "Be the Best We Can Be" though......
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Morphy wrote:
Hi,

Thanks so much for the responses! Very insightful!!!

It didn't occur to me that I wasn't moisturizing my neck enough, I do have very dry skin. I also never thought of the posture issue. It's true, but I'm not quite sure I can change my posture all that much. (I'm making a point of becoming more aware of it though and I noticed someone recently posted a link to neck exercises).

About the vitamin C serum: can someone please make recommendations on specific products? Hopefully something that can be used with a moisturizer (again due to very dry skin), and won't clog pores.

Thanks! Very Happy

Hi Morphy, Skinceuticals C E Ferulic is excellent for dry skin, and it's an excellent product!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |