Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
anyone tried LIP PULSE off Ebay?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tracylynn
5% products discount

Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:17 am      Reply with quote
just curious. i was thinking of ordering some and thought i'd check here first.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:01 am      Reply with quote
No, but you know damn well I’m not going to be able to resist ordering it!!! Which, BTW, I just did. I’ll post my opinion/review as soon as I get and have the chance to test it out for a couple of days....

BTW, FYI, I just saw a lip-plumping product on sale at Walmart on Sunday, called “Dream Lips.” It’s one of those “as seen on TV” products. In addition to the lip plumping, they also have an eye lash conditioner/growth serum (here’s a link to a review from someone on MUA: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=66083/The_Salon_Shoppe_Dream_Lash/Unlisted_Brand/Eyes/). Both products cost only $8.00USD each. You should find them on a special aisle display in or around the cosmetic section at your local Walmart. I checked the ingredients of the Dream Lash and they appear to be almost identical to the new eyelash growth treatment stuff that I’m currently using fromwww.starlash.com, except it’s about $30USD cheaper!!

Anyway, I managed to resist the temptation to buy the Dream Lips stuff, (although I totally caved on this Lip Pulse stuff!!) but wanted to pass the info along to all the rest of my sisters-in-search-of-the-perfect-pout, in case someone else wanted to be the guinea pig for once! At only $8, it would be a significantly cheaper experiment than most of the other lip plumpers....

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Followup:

Did you notice that this seller has two lip plumping products that appear to be almost identical? One is called “Lip Pulse” (click here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5575099188&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOTB:US:203 ) and the other is called “Stung”(click here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5574675729&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOTB:US:202 ) ...I hope that I haven’t just been “stung”! Confused On a happier note, I checked the ingredients of both Lip Pulse and Stung and it looks like I can make a batch of this at home myself....

Anyway, as I said, I will keep everyone abreast of my results – or lack thereof!

5% products discount

Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:00 am      Reply with quote
How about SkinDoctor's Perfect Pout (I think that's what it's called?).

Have seen it in the UK on the tele - although I haven't used any lip plumping stuff before.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Carrie,

Our local CVS had Dream Lips several months ago. It came in two applicators. One for day and one for night. To be honest I found it a waste of money and returned it. The plumbing results lasted about 5 mins. (on me anyway). Bad Grin The solution in the evening product was nothing impressive. So far HA Capsules have worked the best for me. Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Another lip plumper that I want to try is the “Hollywood Prescription,” the one that Paris Hilton as the spokesperson for. For the very first time, I actually saw a full-page ad for this stuff in one of the weekly celeb/beauty/fashion/gossip mags (“In Touch” or maybe “Life & Style”), and I was seriously intrigued. In fact, I was planning to order it until Miss TracyLynn had to go and bring this Lip Pulse stuff to my attention. I swear, you people need to quit TEMPTING me until I learn to grow some will-power!! Wink

Anyway, since I’m going to be the guinea pig for Lip Pulse – and since I now remember that Winnie and couple of others had tried Dream Lips last fall and it didn’t do diddly so we don’t need to try that one again – I think it’s only fair that someone else volunteer to try this one out! Here’s the link to their website: www.hollywoodrx.com

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Carrie...I was going to try it out (got very excited actually), and started entering in all my info. I clicked the international button, but, no other countries are in the drop down list Crying or Very sad . I emailed them, so maybe they can help me, but if not, someone else is going to try.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
I was going to try this but their shipping rates to Canada are rediculous, can't remember off the top of head exactly how much they are just that it was a lot. Can't wait to hear how it works though!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:37 am      Reply with quote
Alright, my Lip Pulse plumper from Ebay arrived on Monday and naturally I had to try it immediately. First off, let me say that this stuff is one of those “irritant” lip plumpers, a la “Lip Venom,” except – in addition to cinnamon and clove oil – Lip Pulse also contains Wintergreen, Peppermint, Menthol and Spearmint oils along with....can I have a drumroll, please....capiscium essential oil (aka: Cayenne pepper)! If you thought Lip Venom stung, then imagine Lip Pulse is Lip Venom to the 100th power. I mean, this stuff BURNS! For that reason, you want to be careful not to apply it outside the border of your lips or it will turn the skin all red and irritated.

As far as plumping, it does give a little bit of plumpness. Nothing as noticeable is taking the HA/collagen supplements, but it does give a little “bee stung” puffiness. The main thing I noticed is that all the essential oil “irritants” seriously help bring the blood to the surface of your lips so that they get really rosy, like you’ve just been thoroughly kissed.

In addition to the irritant EOs, the Lip Pulse also contains all kinds of super-hydrating and/or moisturizing oils like Jojoba, Coconut, Avocado, Pumpkin Seed, Olive, Grapeseed, Camellia and Vit-E oils so while Lip Pulse is busy making your lips sting like hell, at least they’re not being dried out at the same time!

I haven’t been using it long enough to comment on any long term plumping effects, but I know that there are a couple of you out there waiting with baited breath to see what Lip Pulse was like so I wanted to give you all a brief report....

All in all, I think I’m going to continue using this for a while to see if the results are cumulative.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:13 am      Reply with quote
CareKate...You are so obsessedjavascript:emoticon('Shock')
Shock im really curious,how your lips look likejavascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
Very Happy Im thinking about buying Lipfusion and HA...
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:06 am      Reply with quote
You know, I think my son may have finally forced me to put my lip plumping obsession into perspective after he watched me dig the Lip Pulse out of my handbag and reapply it every so often.

He said, “Mom, if you want a fat lip, all you’ve got to do is get someone to punch you in the mouth every couple of days!”

Oh, out of the mouths of (20-year-old) babes.... Confused But don’t think it hadn’t already occurred to me! The trouble is, I *have* been punched in the mouth before when I got on the wrong-side of a bully when I was in the 4th grade. I got a fat lip, alright. My mouth swelled up so badly with a giant blood-blister that I bore an unfortunate resemblance to the ant-eater from the “Ant and the Aardvark” Saturday morning cartoons back in the 70s....

On a happier note, I’m actually pretty impressed with this Lip Pulse stuff – although I caution against anyone applying it if they have any broken skin on their lips or you’ll learn a whole new meaning to the phrase “my lips are on fire!!!” If I may give an analogy, it would probably be similar to the reaction that poor Mabsy had after using Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant on her underarms, then applied a layer of TendSkin afterwards....

Anyway, since I’ve been using the Lip Pulse, I’m actually conscious of the fact that I’m holding my mouth differently. Sorta like I have mastered the ability to have pouty lips without actually looking like I am pouting and feeling petulant. Instead, it just sort of looks lush and sexy...maybe even a little inviting, too!

If I had to rate the “Ebay lip plumpers” (i.e.: “Swellips” vs. “Lip Pulse” or “Stung” – same product/seller, different name), Lip Pulse would definitely win by a landslide. The best part is it’s a helluva lot easier to apply. With Swellips, you had to put there and massage it into your lips for half the damn day for it to be effective, but you just apply Lip Pulse like you would any other lip gloss. The fact that Lip Pulse also imparts a rosy-red color to your lips is a bonus because it means that you don’t necessarily need to apply any lip color over or under it.

Lip Pulse isn’t going to the take the place of my holy grail lip plumpers (read: HA/collagen supplements and LipFusion), and it’s too soon to determine if there are any long-term plumping effects, but for only ten bucks per generous-sized bottle, it’s certainly a nice addition to my repertoire!

My only gripe about it was the fact that the seller didn’t actually mail my purchase until six days after I bought it, even though I had received an email notification stating that if I had purchased my item during the morning hours (which I did), it would be mailed that same day, and if the purchase was submitted after lunch, it would be mailed the following business day, so I was a little peeved about that, but once the seller sent me a(nother) shipment confirmation email, it only took 2 days for me to receive it. I guess the seller is just fortunate that her product proved to be worth the wait or I might have been compelled to leave a neutral, or even negative, feedback!

So anyway, for my fellow lip-plumping obsesseés: what the hell are you waiting for? Your inner-lemming decrees that you should place your order today!! Wink Very Happy

Carrie
(aka: the-lip-plumping-fool)

P.S. For the record, Lip Pulse comes in one of those roll-on type lip gloss bottles. For those of you old enough to remember such things, it’s just like a bottle of those old Maybelline “Kissing Potion” lip glosses from the late 70s/early 80s. Remember rushing to the ladies room for frequent reapplications on Friday night at the roller skating rink...? Yeah, I thought that might ring a bell!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:21 am      Reply with quote
I was just going to ask you how it compared to Swelllips. You answered that and I'm convinced. I'll give it a try.

Thanks for feeding my obsession,

Lori

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:33 am      Reply with quote
wow...that was much to readjavascript:emoticon('Laughing')
Laughing just kidding...Yeah your really obsessed.But this is a good thing,so i can squeeze you outjavascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
Very Happy I would love to order it,but im not sure wich is the right product...I have naturally ful lips,(like Angelina Joliejavascript:emoticon('Razz')
Razz but her lower lip is a little bigger than mine,and dont know why,but it really drives me nuts!!!) I thought with HA they could be too big,but withoute perhaps not enough...I know it sounds verry stupid and childish,like if i had no other problemsjavascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
Very Happy but im addicted to lips...cant helpjavascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
Very Happy is the Lip pulse better than the lipfusion?? Thinking about to buy the Lamas LE,my old blistex lip tone has a fake colour... like you said on MUA...[/img]
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I would order Lip Pulse in a second if shipping wasn't so high to Canada. I think Swell Lips is way too much work too. I actually have some Duwop Lip Venom I'm liking. It doesn't sting, it tingles a bit. I've actually tried quite a few lately, I just have to sit down and write a review or two.

Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,
I purchased some of the stung on ebay. When I tried it for the first time, my lips burned really bad for about 5 - 6 minutes. I looked in the mirror and it did look a little bit plumper, maybe with daily use it would do the trick. Just be really careful, It burns like crazy.

Cindy
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I tried it a while back, but it didn't do diddly for me, but then, no topical plumper has. I'm sticking with my lip pump! Very Happy
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
I tried it a while back, but it didn't do diddly for me, but then, no topical plumper has. I'm sticking with my lip pump! Very Happy

Hi Red Devil!

Sorry if this is a dumb question...but what is a lip pump? Does it work well for you? If so...where do I get one??

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:
Red Devil wrote:

Hi Red Devil!

Sorry if this is a dumb question...but what is a lip pump? Does it work well for you? If so...where do I get one??

Mary Very Happy
I think it's one of those suction device thingies that looks sort of like a breast-milk pump or penile enlargement devices advertised in the back of men's magazines (!) -- someone posted a pic or a like to one a long while back so maybe you can find the thread, I think the general consensus was that it looked like something "obscene"....

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:36 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Mary H. wrote:
Red Devil wrote:

Hi Red Devil!

Mary Very Happy
I think it's one of those suction device thingies that looks sort of like a breast-milk pump or penile enlargement devices advertised in the back of men's magazines (!) -- someone posted a pic or a like to one a long while back so maybe you can find the thread, I think the general consensus was that it looked like something "obscene"....

Hi Mary!

You can check it out atwww.cynthiarowland.com. It's called Luscious Lips, and yes, it does look kind of...pr0nographic! Laughing

It's working pretty well, but I'm still in the conditioning phase. The effect is supposed to last longer as you go along.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
carekate wrote:
Mary H. wrote:
Red Devil wrote:

Hi Red Devil!

Mary Very Happy

Hi Mary!

You can check it out atwww.cynthiarowland.com. It's called Luscious Lips, and yes, it does look kind of...------------! Laughing

It's working pretty well, but I'm still in the conditioning phase. The effect is supposed to last longer as you go along.

Did you experience any bruising from it? I've seem pix of ladies who used it a bit too enthusiastically and it wasn't a pretty sight!

ETA: Please do keep us aprised of your results with it as we're always interested in lip plumping -- gimicks or otherwise -- around here! I mean, if it works who cares if the device looks like something found in a Larry Flynt publication!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Amen! If it works, then nothing else matters.

I haven't experienced any bruising at all, during my second try at conditioning. The first time I did the conditioning, I got a bit excited at day 9 and plumped my lips up, just to see if it really worked (it did work -- it just didn't last more than ten minutes or so). I did bruise slightly, but it was gone the next day. And since then -- no more bruising!

I'm at the stage now (end of third week) when the plump should start lasting longer. From all that I've read, the effect lasts longer and longer as you go, varying anywhere from one hour, to three or four, to eight. This week, I've had zero problem getting the plump -- it takes less "pulls" each time. The problem is maintaining it longer than half an hour, but from what I've read, this is normal. I will keep you posted Very Happy
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the link, Red Devil! And you're right Carrie...it does look like something that might be found in the pages of any given Flynt magazine! Laughing

But it sounds like it's working for you R.D...glad you will be keeping us posted! Of course, I'm so freaking impatient I might just have to whip out the credit card and try it right away... Embarassed

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:00 am      Reply with quote
From all that I've researched, the lip pump works on everyone that strictly follows the conditioning instructions. I read about a few people that bruised really easily and gave up. I think that maybe they were pulling too hard.

There's more info from some of us doing the pump, in the Products Reviews forum under "Eureka! I've found the ultimate lip plumper". Smile
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
From all that I've researched, the lip pump works on everyone that strictly follows the conditioning instructions. I read about a few people that bruised really easily and gave up. I think that maybe they were pulling too hard.

There's more info from some of us doing the pump, in the Products Reviews forum under "Eureka! I've found the ultimate lip plumper". Smile

Thanks again, Red Devil! And by the way, I love your screen name! The mascot for Arizona State University (hubby got his MBA there) is the Sun Devil: http://thesundevils.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/asu-m-footbl-body.html

I will scour the "Eureka!" thread to learn more about this lip pump!

Mary Very Happy

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:
Red Devil wrote:

Thanks again, Red Devil! And by the way, I love your screen name! The mascot for Arizona State University (hubby got his MBA there) is the Sun Devil: http://thesundevils.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/asu-m-footbl-body.html

I will scour the "Eureka!" thread to learn more about this lip pump!

Mary Very Happy

Mary Very Happy

OOhh, the mascot is cool! It would be cool to dress up like that for Halloween. I already have the horns!

That thread is so informative and fun. Enjoy! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |