Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Products you dislike
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
What products did you find not worth the money?

Laura Mercier Moisturizer, costed me over $60 and didnt moisturize my face, instead it had a drying effect on my skin.

Aveda Intense moisture mask. It works for the first few hrs, but over-all not very good.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
I have a long list of product line hates:

clinique - everything I've tried...too harsh
dermalogica - either broke me out or make me itchy
Guinot - not effective
MAC - in general find their products no better than drug store brands

There's more but I just can't think right now..

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
oh yes i almost forgot.... i too dislike clinique products. Their toners contain alcohol and are too harsh for the skin. The moisturizer is too greasy.

Vichy products are too harsh as well. Their normaderm cleanser and toner dry out the skin so much! And their treatment for stretch marks do not work what so ever.

Proactiv #3 step (the repairing lotion) also is very drying on the skin.

MAC face products such as foundations and their studio fix arent the greatest either.
Dianne
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Teamine eye complex...did absolutely nothing for dark circles or fine lines.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
A new "hate it" product for me is Smashbox mascara - Yuck - it doesn't seem to dry properly (at least the tube I had...)...leaves dots on my eyelids and beneath my eye area - surprisingly horrible for me..
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
I found the same thing with the Aveda Moisture Mask.
Dr Haunshka Rose Day Cream - too heavy and greasy for my skin.
Joey New York Pure Pores - just didn't work.
Nads Hair Remover - The wax too thick to spread and so time consuming and messy.
REN Detox Mask - Too harsh
ModelCo Mascara - I hate this! Doesnt do anything to yours lashes and way too hard to remove.
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
This is fun....

Sel wrote:

Quote:
Dr Haunshka Rose Day Cream - too heavy and greasy for my skin.

....I have dry skin, so Dr. H's Rose Day Cream may be perfect for me. (It's on my list to buy)

The products that I've not had good results with:

*Bobbi Brown mascara--thick and clumpy
*Skinceuticals eye cream--too thin for my preference, and actually was quite drying.

I'm sure there's more....those are two recent products I've purchased.
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:51 am      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:

REN Detox Mask - Too harsh

I didn't find this particular product harsh on my skin but it certainly was a waste of money. It was £18 and it did nothing for my skin. I much prefer the Decleor Clay & Herbal Mask and the Elemis Herbal Lavender Repair Mask.
I also bought the REN Enzymatic Skin Smoothing Mask the same day I bought the Detox one. Yet another waste of £18. I love enzyme peels and masks but the REN product didn't give me any noticeable results. Won't be buying any more REN masks. Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:58 am      Reply with quote
Darphin rose oil stuff, horrid gave me crocodile skin Shock
Clinique as above

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
I second the NADS! I thought it would be 'painless' . . .haha
Mabsy

Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:39 am      Reply with quote
Most of Clinique skincare
Napoleon Mascara (hate it with a passion!)
Revlon LashFantasy Mascara
La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe
Chanel Eye Tonic
Origins A Perfect World Skin Guardian
Colorescience Face Refresher
Andrea's Eye Qs Eye Makeup Remover Pads
MAC Pro Longwear Lipcolour
Eminence Organics Rosehip Whip Moisturiser
Decleor Hydra-floral Mask
Yonka Cleansing Milk

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:08 am      Reply with quote
This really is fun...

Decleor range - balms, moisturisers, everything execpt the cleanser. Bad reaction from this brand and I dont even have sensitive skin

Chanel Vitalumier - lesson learnt, its oily, not illuminating Mad

MAC Pro long wear lip colour - its dry and DOESNT STAY ON!!! Mad

MDF- antioxidant moisturiser - no extra moisture - even my beauty therapist who sold it to me agreed. Oh, and there yellow coloured eye cream

Dermalogica - Smoothing lotion (it kinda smells and I can barely bring myself to finish it off as hand cream...

I think I have accidently bagged half the products that EDS sell - I have found heaps of good stuff though Embarassed

Melissa
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:32 am      Reply with quote
Here we go:

*Clinique - all bad, bad, bad - especially the 3 step plan, dramatically different and the cleansers are like paint strippers.
*NV Pericone citrus cleanser this stripped my super oily skin!!!! I had dry skin for days after using this.
*MAC lipsticks and mascaras - may as well just buy drugstore, lipsticks don't last and mascaras super clumpy.
*Estee Lauder lipsticks-too perfumed

Can't think of anything else just yet.

Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Forgot to add Stila tinted moisturiser to my list...

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Clinique to harsh
NADs rubbish did not remove all the hair and messy
Clarins either to ritch or to drying
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:55 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Napoleon Mascara (hate it with a passion!)
Gee, I wonder why? Wink

Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
Darphin rose oil stuff, horrid gave me crocodile skin Shock
Clinique as above

Bring back your Darphin to the counter or spa. No matter how much is left. It's owned by Lauder, and they will take everything back, no questions asked. They HAVE to; it's their policy.
china

Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
Pro Active everything: Sucks!!! didn't clear any blemishes it just made my boyfriends face red and wasted my $$$$$ Mad

Chanel Mascara"Drama Lash something or another": It was suppose to be waterproof...NOT Confused black cramp all down my eyes and it gets clumpy in the tube too.

Dermalogica smoothing lotion: stings my eyes, running, and smells like mud. Mad
snooops
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique everything, especially toner and moisturizers
Lancome moisturizers
Creme De La Mer (lots and lots and LOTS of mineral oil Mad )
DiorShow Mascara
DDF Sun Gel (contains alcohol Shock )

That's all I can think of at the moment...
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
wow....you didnt like creme de la mer and Diorshow mascara? I hear so many great reviews about those 2 items
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
I know this will upset some loyal customers, but I was very disappointed with most of the Jane Iredale products I ordered. The foundations looked terrible and the mascaras left MUCH to be desired. I was very disappointed with the color and effect of the purple and teal mascaras I had ordered. The only product I did enjoy was the eyeliner brush.
snooops
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:33 am      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
wow....you didnt like creme de la mer and Diorshow mascara? I hear so many great reviews about those 2 items

1. When I first started using creme de la mer, i thought it would make my skin very oily, because the cream is so thick and heavy, but when I woke up in the morning my skin was almost matte (which is very unusual for me). It seemed to work all right the first two weeks, no oily shine and no breaking out. But as I continued using it my skin started to behave really strange, I got red rashes around my mouth and some pimples on my forehead and jawline. Well, I wanted the cream to work for my skin so bad that I used it for another month, but my skin condition didn't change. So I stopped using it, and it took 2 MONTHS for my skin to turn back to normal!!! I also tried the lotion and it did absolutely nothing for my skin.

2. The DiorShow Mascara was way to thick and the brush HUGE, meaning it was really hard to apply. It didn't stay on all day, it started flaking and got stuck under my eyes. Not good at all.
kween
5% products discount

Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
melissa49 wrote:
This really is fun...

Decleor range - balms, moisturisers, everything execpt the cleanser. Bad reaction from this brand and I dont even have sensitive skin

Melissa

I have oily skin - and the Decleor range works with my skin, strangely enough! So sad to hear it gave you a bad reaction!

I HATE BioOil (I think that's what it's called) - has been raved on about a lot about removing scars, acne scars, stretch marks etc. I put it on my face and I broke out in spots - all over where I applied the oil. It went straight to the bin!

Dr H cleansing cream - was given a sample of this but didn't like it. I guess it's one of those things that you either love it or hate it!
Sadie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I really don't care for mineral makeup in general. I do like BE's mineral veil, though.
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Let me see...
Clinique, Lancome, Dior, Clarins, Chanel skincare (with few exceptions). Too perfumed, you don't get much for your money.
*Dermalogica Barrier Repair. Silicone is its middle name, and it dried my skin terribly.
*Guinot bodylotion (couldn't take the smell)
*Shiseido Lasting Lift mascara
*Diorshow (when I want a hairbrush, I BUY a hairbrush).
*All the Escada LE-perfumes which everybody except me seems to adore.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |