Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Products you dislike
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:10 am      Reply with quote
AVEDA. Generally weird smelling products and very drying.
LA PRAIRIE. Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overpriced.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Prevage, awful allergic reaction to it, will not touch it again!!
Also, NV perricone, no results for the price.
Many dept. store skincare lines as well, no results.
Wawa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Fresh rose mask, I know there're many fans for this product, but it just did not do anything for me, maybe I should avoid gel masks once and for all.

Like many people have mentioned: clinique.
Sonson
5% products discount

Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Origins Clay mask
Any Ella bache products
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Clnique 3 step...terrible for me!
I read that the ingredients used to keep soaps in bar form is very very clogging to your pores.

If you think about it, at least for those who are Clinique type III-IV (oily) does it makes sense to strip away all your skin's moisture from their soap, throw in a double whammy with their super harsh toner (felt like I might as well just take rubbing alcohol to my face), then slam your skin with mineral oil (in the dramatically different moisture, now they have an oil free gel version I think, but I won't try it). I asked the SA that I didn't really want Mineral Oil on my face..."it's a good oil!" I was told. Uh huh.
Bought it...my fault! Mea culpa mea culpa mea maxima culpa!

I ended up going back to the store and telling the sales lady that it was terrible on my skin. She told me I wasn't using it right. Embarassed
Wasn't using it right? Um, you wash with the soap, put the toner on with a cotton ball, then put on the moisturizer, right? "It's all in how you apply it" was the response. Oh good grief. Confused If it's "so complicated" to "apply Clinique" then I don't want it. LOL.

Also a no for me is Chanel gel toner (the teal blue color gel) it was too harsh on me. Sad
I did like their Radiance cleansing mousse, but not enough to drop 35 bucks on it.

I also used their makeup and foundations...made me look cakey. But I do like their lip glosses and Blanc Universel white face base (great for undereye circles).
Isn't it funny how inconsistent many lines are? I haven't found a line yet where I like even half the products. The only thing that is close (not skin care though) is BE makeup. I use their glimmers, glimpses, multi-tasking minerals, foundation, mineral veil, and blushes. I haven't tried MD forumlations (the skin care branch of BE) but I don't really have any desire to.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I really find it amazing how many people (particularly on this forum) don't like Clinique (yes, I'm one of them too). Yet it seems to do so well.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
La Mer Cleansing Gel - too drying (and I live in a very humid country)
Jurlique Face Cleanser For Sensitive Skin - I got red spots all over my face and I thought it's for sensitive skin!
Jurlique Face Wash Cream - don't exactly hate it but think it's a waste of money as I didn't notice any difference after using up the whole tube
Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 - thought it's supposed to be the best lip balm in the world but it dried out my lips totally and I was left with very dry, cracked lips
Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser - didn't leave my skin feeling clean and I still got lots of clogged pores
amycc
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:54 am      Reply with quote
oh, there are too many
Sisley-
Eye and lip gel, too sticky, and expensive
And from cleanser to moisterizer, all allergic.

Clinic w/ exception; LP, Lancome....
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Ulana--i think clinique does well because it is low of the high-end department brands. i remember as a teen, my friends and i loved shiseido, and at a certain shiseido counter, the lady kept trying to steer us to the clinique counter because it was more "affordable" Confused that was rude.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Everything I've tried/used from Clinique I've hated Confused , except their Superbalm lipbalm. I also really don't like & can't use anything at all from Estee Lauder or Clarins...I get the worst breakouts! Mad
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Safire wrote:
Everything I've tried/used from Clinique I've hated Confused , except their Superbalm lipbalm. I also really don't like & can't use anything at all from Estee Lauder or Clarins...I get the worst breakouts! Mad

Also I forgot to mention CDLM...which was waaaay too overpriced & overrated, but ended up giving me the worst rash ever!!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Safire wrote:
Safire wrote:

Also I forgot to mention CDLM...which was waaaay too overpriced & overrated, but ended up giving me the worst rash ever!!

CDLM? I'm not sure what that acronym stands for... Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Creme De La Mer

Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Safire wrote:

same as you, Clinique skincare stuff lets my skin terribly dry, EL and Clarins did nothing for my skin as they did many things on my husband's wallet. Sad

and all Origins masks let me suffer allergic reactions. Crying or Very sad

furthermore,do not find out favorite haircare products at all, as my friends said, I am very picky. Wink
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:40 am      Reply with quote
Dior First Signs of Aging eye contour serum (WAY too perfumed - made my eyes water)

Laura Mercier Makeup Removing Oil for dry skin - smells SO bad (almost like Cod Liver Oil!! yuck!) and doesn't do a super great job of removing makeup

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:27 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
Creme De La Mer

cool..thanks!
I'm a little slow... Laughing

Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I'm new here but I've been reading and learning a lot and really enjoying the community. Too bad that the first thread I felt I should post on isn't about a positive experience but maybe someone else will learn from my mistake.There are a lot of things I don't care for but two come immediately to mind.

Anything Clinique, the only good thing I can say is that they have an incredibly good marketing strategy. I don't like them as a company because of the cultlike yet cut-throat work environment they promote. My best friend worked there for about a year and I ended up with a half a trash bag worth of samples of lots of their products. I had already, in my teens, found that I didn't care for their 3 step, yuck. I would, however, always try to get the gift sets by purchasing an eyeliner or something. Once she started working there and I was getting the stuff for free, I wouldn't use most of it. I think I had at least a gallon of turnaround cream. I used that on my feet and elbows. The rest I bagged up and donated to a women's dv shelter.

GARNIER - hair color burned my scalp, I don't mean stinging, I mean burns that blistered and left open sores for a month. I also lost quite a bit of hair due to the burns. I took at least six months for my scalp/skin/hair to begin to go back to normal. My hair is still not growing back in in some of the worst places, probably due to scar tissue. My hair is very long and it's going to take years for the hair that fell out to grow back out, in the meantime I had bare spots and my hair previously healthy, thick, fine, oily hair became really thin and pathetic.
P.S. I didn't have any other chemical process going on, such as a perm or straightening. I wasn't going for a drastic change, just using closest to my natural color to cover a grey streak I've had since college. It had been about 4 months since I had last colored with Loreal Feria, my usual brand. I'm so scared of ever using anything else again.

I've been paying more attention and more money for skin-care than make-up. I've been pretty lucky with my choices. I really avoid skin care products with added fragrances, it's just one more thing to go wrong and irritate skin. I wear perfume on my body, where I believe it belongs, not in skin care. Most of what I use is non-fragranced or smells like the actual ingredients, like citrus, etc.

~Pinki~
jellytot
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
stila tinted moisturizer and foundation
-bad for oily skin, causes breakouts.

clinique skincare
-too harsh

most aveda products
-smell great but too expensive n don't work
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:20 am      Reply with quote
Murad - every single product I've tried has made my skin 10x worse.

Fresh - I've liked a few things, but, overall, insanely priced.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Dr Perricone products
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique ..god horrible!
joey new york had a roll up foundation stick...still have most of it...just terrible ....kind of sat on my skin then a few hours later I would look worse than if I had no makeup..yeeshk...
Rolling Eyes
lancome cleansers and masks actually probably most of their skin care.....
thatgirlangie
5% products discount

Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique skincare and most make-up (except lipstick and mascara) is horrible.

Yonka products=yuck! strong smelling, yet ineffective.

Jane Iredale/Bare Escentuals/Youngblood--would be awesome if not for the high content of Bismuth Oxychloride--itch, itch, itch... and shine!

Covergirl anything--cheap crap

Estee Lauder lipstick--weird scent and pigmentation

Dove skincare--cheap, drying, pore-clogging

ProActiv Repair Cream--way way way too harsh
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
I hate to put down lines especially when I know there are others out there who may love it, but here is what never worked for me:

Revlon Cosmetics - Products seemed to smell really badly way too soon and never felt right on my skin.

Neutrogena (Sensitive skin care = false claim)

Yves Rocher - although there were some good products in the line, most of their stuff was too fragranced and irritating and felt, well, cheap. And can they please stop sending me more offers!! Sheesh! It just bothers me to no end to think of all the trees they've killed with all their mailouts.

Avon - One word...Yuck. Couldn't stand anything I tried. Overly fragranced and highly irritating and poor quality and ingredients.
LindseyLS1
5% products discount

Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Products I dislike:

-Entire Burts Bees line
-Big S*exy Hair Sham. & Cond. gave me a bad rash
-Tried Murad Acne products about 4 years ago and thier old Acne Spot Treatment used Sulfur as thier active ingredient.. My face smelled like butt for days after I stopped using it
-Clearasil Vanishing Cream doesnt work if you use it more than once a week, plus its very harsh
-Clean and Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub made my sisters face look like a monster (her skin dried up so bad she had to see a dermatologist to fix it)
-Proactiv doesnt work, Repairing Lotion leaves a smell, Refining Mask contains sulfer and it made my face along with anything I touched with my face (pillow ect) even after washing it off smell for days and days
-Aveda Deep Penetrating Hair Revitalizer somehow leaves my hair so dry I cant style it, plus it leaves TONS of buildup.. very very gross stuff
-Frederic Fekkai Baby Blonde Sham. & Cond. Left my hair super dry
-Hempz Hydrate Sham. & Cond. gave me a rash and left my hair super dry

Cant think of any more at the moment, I have Sensitive Oily Skin BTW
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
CLINIQUE clinique clinique clinique clinique
EVERYTHING clinique

great lash mascara
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |