Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Miessence and Purist(Akin) Products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I finally ordered some Miessence products from a local seller.

When I went to the company's website (www.onegrp.com) I read through the ingredients thoroughly, most of their products (even mascara, toothpaste) have some sort of aloe vera juice or gel. And safflower oil is also a big feature in their products.

I ordered a Sensitive Skin cleanser, and a Blemish gel. I have heard some good reviews about the blemish gel - being good for insect bites, healing scars, burns, cuts.

Well I must say, after reading so much on how they use the purest, organic ingredients, I am quite disappointed in their effect.

The cleanser is very milky, does not foam at all. And leaves an oily feeling after. So I can only use it either in the morning, or after a cleansing gel at night, it does not seem to have a cleansing action really. I guess it would be good to use on arms/legs or just for moisturising.

Well, even the cleanser for oily skin, is made of of similar base ingredients, oil, aloevera, and the only difference is their concentrations of the herbal extracts.

The blemish gel didn't do much for my blemishes, or some mysterious cuts that were on my upperlip (sleep scratching?). It also feels quite taught after it dries.

I guess they are a wonderful line for people who want really natural, pure, organic products. The Miessence company are pretty big on certified organic and natural logos. So at least that is reassuring.

But I wouldn't blast this range out of the earth, I wouldn't mind tring their lip balms/cremes, and make-up powders. Wouldn't touch their liquid foundations or mascaras though. With oily skin, I'm sure they'd slip off after an hour or so.

------

Purist products (renamed Akin)www.purist.com

It's not a very big company, only in Australia and NZ at the moment. But it is another company that endeavours to use organic/botanic ingredients.

I have used their shampoos, conditioners, bodywashes, hand cream, and face wash gel.

Shampoos and bodywashes are beautiful and clear, give really good lather and deep cleansing action. The conditons are creamy and thick, but definitely don't give that sleek feeling like Pantene, Clairol stuff.. I don't think many natural conditions do anyway.

The handcream is nice a rich, with shea butter, but it is small and price.

Face wash gel is great!! It is good for a deep cleanse or just gentle wash.

They only make a simple face care line, with rich moisturisers. Really good for those of you guys who want non-perfumed, non-coloured products.

---

Any of you guys tried these products? Would love to hear your feedback
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have used/using many products from the Akin & Alchemy range and think they are overall fantastic.
From the Alchemy I use there body washes, conditioners, and shampoo. I dont use any other brand of shampoo or body wash except for Jurlique Rose b/w which I wont be repurchasing again ( I dont like it ).
From Akin I really like both of the cleansers and always have atleast one in the bathroom, atm Im using the Rose Cream Cleanser which is my fav. I have used on and off and like the exfoliant.
As far as the face creams go I have also used them at one time or other and they seem to be good, I am a loyal user of Cellcosmet and prefer Swiss skincare but do like to use Natural based products every now and then.
The 3 body products hand, body and body exfoliant are very nice, however with the eye creams I have only sampled them and didnt like the day gel at all but found the night to be fine, though I didnt use either long term only 5 times max each.
My staples from this range are the cleansers, body wash and shampoo.

HTHS Very Happy
Mabsy

Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:45 am      Reply with quote
miranets - I have only played with testers of Miessence products but they didn't grab me enough to actually buy them. I wish they would make little travel sets that would make their products easy to try. They are actually quite expensive - or at least they seem it for what they are.

I haven't tried the Akin line but the rose cleanser sounds very nice. Is that the A'kin Pure Creamy Cleanser & Toner or something else? I'm just looking at the website of my local healthfood store and in the cleanser category they only have the cleansing gel and the above product.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
HI Mabsy

I agree with you, the Miessence products are quite expensive for what you are getting, mostly water, aloe vera and oil!

Oh and I was send a tube of the Miessence toothpaste to try. They are quite big for $8, and a little bit can go quite a long way. So at least I might get that again.

The Purist Akin website iswww.purist.com They have all their products listed there.

I don't see a 'rose' description on the Akin website itself. But this is the creamy cleanser description..

Pure creamy cleanser & toner in one]

normal, dry & sensitive skin

Light Creamy Cleanser and Toner in one, ideal to use on the most sensitive of skins, is enriched with natural panama bark, shea butter & olive squalene. It gently removes face & eye makeup whilst the witch hazel mildly tones the skin.

But that is the only other cleanser they have apart from the gel, and the gel one is a sandalwood/neroli 'flavour'. Maybe rose is one of the ingredients in the cream cleanser.
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 3:46 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy and any Aussie EDSer Smile

Have you tried PURIST product yet? It's from Australia, I saw them selling here in SG, and I'm soo tempted to try their skincare and haircare Smile

Inputs pls!

Fri May 26, 2006 6:32 am      Reply with quote
joziegrozy wrote:
Mabsy and any Aussie EDSer Smile

Have you tried PURIST product yet? It's from Australia, I saw them selling here in SG, and I'm soo tempted to try their skincare and haircare Smile

Inputs pls!

Is that Alchemy and A'kin that you're talking about? I've heard that Alchemy shower gels are nice. I have also sent a friend in the US a few of the A'kin skincare items and she was very happy with them (I sent her the scrub and the cleanser/toner in one). I haven't tried it myself though so I can't add much to this - sorry Sad
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
joziegrozy - A'kin's entire range is also available in New Zealand.

I have been a devout user of their cleansing gel..... it is the most devine face wash I have ever come across. I really think it's the HG face wash for me.

Another product of theirs which I keep spoiling myself with is the Wheat and Macadamia conditioner. Even though it's a once-a-week treatment, nevertheless I use it daily and it makes my hair really shiny and soft.

HTH
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |