Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Alphaderma CE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Terihe
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Is this a product that can be used on the whole face or is it just a treatment product for particular areas?
Mabsy

Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:30 am      Reply with quote
My mum uses it on the whole face but if you were trying to use less of it and make it last longer then you could just concentrate on some areas.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:06 am      Reply with quote
The reason I asked is because on the web site it says to use on certain areas. With argiriline it is a spot treatment and not meant for the whole face but I did a search and learned of those who use it on the whole face so now I am confused.
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:14 am      Reply with quote
I think with argireline it depends on your face, this dries me out so I can't use it or Matrixyl. For those who have no issues it is probably ok to use all over but it is meant to make the most difference with lines/wrinkles. Instead of plumping on me it dries me and I have a good friend that can't use these peptides. For those who can, they usually have Good results!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Sassyred, Thanks for the tip. I have used CSrx and this caused me drying too. I don't think this would be the product for me.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:49 am      Reply with quote
If it's the wrinkle relaxing result you are after, the new Relax Plus Vialox from cellularskinrx.com doesn't use the acetyl hexapeptide that is in both Alphaderma and Relax-A-Line. The AH is what is drying to the skin. I find the Vialox much stronger, too. (Though more expensive.)
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
How does the Relax plus vialox work? I had a weird reaction to some of the peptide creams (sort of dried creepy skin under one eye that took a while to go away). I'd like to try something new.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Here's the link for the info on it, http://www.cellularskinrx.com/products_vialox.html.

The site says that it blocks the release of a sodium ion from the muscle nerve receptor that is necessary for the nerve signal to be received. (These are on superficial muscles all beneath your skin, not like your deep muscles or something like that.)

The acetyl hexapeptide limited catecholamine release which was necessary for the nerve signal to be carried to the receptor so I think if you don't make lots of catecholamine then maybe you wouldn't get a good result? I always wondered why Relax-A-Line could work well on me and have no reaction on others. That seemed illogical but maybe if you don't make that much of the catech. enzyme? then you won't have limited muscle movement...

Anyhow, acetyl hexapeptide can be drying so I'm glad that this one is available.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Terihe wrote:
Is this a product that can be used on the whole face or is it just a treatment product for particular areas?

AlphaDerma can be used on the whole face and neck. I have been doing so for over a year. In my case I was addressing firming my face and neck. ADCE has done that for me and more (love it). If you are young and just trying to relax some frown lines you can spot treat with AlphaDerma. If you read the ingredients in ADCE you will see that there is so much more then just Argireline for frown relaxation.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Winnie, there is so much in Alphaderma. The vitamins along with the Argirline is what makes it such an awesome product.

However, unlike Winnie, I use it only where I need it. Being 30-something, my skin is still in pretty good shape, but I have been using the Aphaderma line for a few months on the lins on my forehead, between my brows, and the one line across the front of my neck. I can happily report that the "elevens" between my eyebrows are completely gone. The lines are my forehead are nearly invisible. The one on my neck is less visible, but still too visible to me. I'll keep using ADCE. It hasn't disappointed me yet.

Lori

Oh....and I noticed results within the first few days of using it. The lines between my brows were greatly diminished after using this product for less than a week. It's AWESOME stuff!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Botox injections target specific muscles, whereas Argireline (if it indeed works) is likely to relax most of your face. And while Argireline may reduce wrinkles, it may also, in theory, increase facial sag because the neurotransmitters whose release Argireline inhibits, help maintain facial firmness. Notably, a popular firming skin care ingredient DMAE firms by stimulating the release of neurotransmitters and increasing facial tension, i.e. by producing roughly the opposite effect to Argireline. Whether Argireline may indeed contribute to facial sag has not been studied. Until more is known, people prone to facial sag should approach Argireline with caution and monitor their facial firmness while on it.

http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/acetylhexapeptide.html

Note that ADCE has both argireline (relaxes muscles)and DMAE (constricts muscles). Wouldn't these two ingredients counter the other's effectiveness since they do the exact opposite thing?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |