Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Marmite/Vegemite - Love it or Hate it? How do you eat yours?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Poll :: Marmite/Vegemite - Love it or Hate it?

Love it
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Hate it
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 14

kween
5% products discount

Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Just thought I'd start this thread and a poll - Marmite/Vegemite: Love it or Hate it?

I thought I'd put Vegemite in there for all the Aussie members. (Mabsy - do you like Vegemite?)

Me? I LOVE IT!

How do you eat yours?
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
never tried it. Most of my aussie friends like it...but people I know who have travelled to australia don't care for it much.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
I love marmite. Very Happy
I am sorry if I offend my Aus friends but I do not like vegemite at all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:12 am      Reply with quote
marmite yes, vegemite no.

Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:00 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried Marmite but I cannot stand Vegemite! I'm thinking you have to have been brought up with it to like it Laughing

How different is Marmite from Vegemite?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:29 am      Reply with quote
Have never tried Vegemite, Love love love Marmite, I used to have this all the time on buttery toast as a kid Drool

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:44 am      Reply with quote
I've tried both Marmite and Vegemite. I went through a phase of preferring Vegemite. Not anymore.
I have to be in the right mood for Marmite. I certainly couldn't eat it everyday.
I remember hating it as a child but started to quite like it as a teenager. Really loved it during my student days and now I can take it or leave it. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:11 am      Reply with quote
Love it! Marmite is best though!!
(Prefer it on hot buttery toast or in a cheese sandwich - but not so much it takes the roof of your mouth off!!!)

Oh and love Walkers Marmite flavour crisps!!!MMMMM Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I haven't tried Marmite but I cannot stand Vegemite! I'm thinking you have to have been brought up with it to like it Laughing

How different is Marmite from Vegemite?

Mabsy,
marmite and vegemite taste totally different to each other. As I have not had vegemite for about 20 years I really cannot remember what the taste difference is like. Sorry. (Actually I thought marmite was made from beef), until I just got the jar out of the cupboard and read the label and found its main ingredient is yeast.
I remember when I lived in Oz my nan used to send us big jars of marmite because we couldn't get it there at that time. Although you probably can now. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:04 am      Reply with quote
I'm all for marmite. The texture of vegemite is really gritty, but otherwise it's similar.

Interestingly, I was just reading the Observer's food supplement and Marmite contains the highest levels of glutamate of any manufactured food, which is why we find it so tasty and it gives our toast a flavour lift.
Caspers Mum

Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried Marmite, but I have tried Vegemite while an Aussie friend was living with me. It's not really to my liking;my friend ate her's on toast, with butter & honey. Not really my thing.

Both can be bought in Canada, but they're not a staple nor popular the way they are in the UK,Australia, and NZ.

Ironically, they are manufactured by Kraft, as is my (North American) preference, Cheese Whiz. I can't eat peanut butter, as I am deathly allergic to peanuts, so I have Cheese Whiz sometimes. Peanut butter seems to be the preferred spread of North Americans.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Both Marmine and Vegemite are nearly impossible to find in the US. On a freakish day I saw a jar of Vegemite on my health food store shelf and I bought it....oh my I really don't like it!!

Casper's Mum -- I hardly know anyone that eats peanut butter anymore, except maybe in an occasional peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Must be a West Coast thing or something. Smile Personally I can't stand it.
Caspers Mum

Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="chimera
Casper's Mum -- I hardly know anyone that eats peanut butter anymore, except maybe in an occasional peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Must be a West Coast thing or something. Smile Personally I can't stand it.[/quote]

Jeez, and here I was thinking that PB was popular. Maybe not as popular as it once was, due to the fat content?!

For all of us peanut-allergy sufferers, there is a new product available in Canada called "No Nuts". Apparently, it tastes like peanut butter, but is made with chickpeas. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds interesting. It would make sense that these would taste similar, as they're both legumes. I eat other legumes, but I'm really leery of other nuts, because I never know if they've been contaminated by peanuts or not. I eat walnuts - no problem. Almonds, sometimes. I tried something with hazelnuts once or twice, but got the same itchy sensation on my tongue, and spat it out.

And, yes, I carry an Epi-Pen and wear a Medical Alert Bracelet! I'm 30, and have had the allergy all of my life, but have experienced FOUR bad reactions in the past three years.
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Big fan of both, but mostly vegemite- this is so stereotypical australian- but can only have a little bit and not spread thickly over the toast. never had it with honey- not sure about that- but i had a friend who would eat it with sugar sprinkled over, which is yucky.
Like promite too- think this could be like marmite? such a lot to say about toast spreads Very Happy
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
This is a very interesting poll. as an australian, i feel it would be unpatriotic to not admit to liking/loving vegemite. I don't eat it alot, i used to as a kid, but i can tell you WE ALWAYS have a jar in the cupboard/fridge!!!

"I'm a happy little vegemite, bright as bright can be, we all enjoy our vegemite for breakfast lunch and tea !!!!Laughing "
pushylady

Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:35 am      Reply with quote
I like Marmite - but only New Zealand marmite, which is different to the British one! I guess it's what you're brought up with. You can only buy the British marmite over here in Canada. Crying or Very sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:35 am      Reply with quote
Whats the difference between them?? I love marmite on jacobs crackers or ryvitas with loads of butter and a thin layer of Marmite...yum yum Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE ryvitas! I eat them with butter and raisins on top. mmmmmm
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |