Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Bare Faced Minerals?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Heléne
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Hello all!

Has anyone out there tried Bare Faced mineral makeup? I just visited their website, and I feel tempted to order some products. It looks like to me they have some stunning colors Very Happy
However, I know nothing about the product quality in comparison to BE & JI, so therefor I thought I´d better ask you pros... Laughing

Thanks in advance! /Heléne

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Bare Faced Minerals is WONDERFUL!!!!

Once you try Rhonda's lip balms you'll be in heaven, the color selection is gorgeous, and the customer service is TOP NOTCH!!!

Rhonda, the owner and creator, is a DOLL. She will work with you if you don't see a color match for foundation. I believe she has a couple of different coverages - velvet matte, regular, and xtra coverage I believe.

Samples are ALL in jars - not baggies - bonus!

No bismuth in any of her products either, unlike Jane and Bare Essentuals.

Laughing Laughing Maria

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
Bare Faced Minerals is WONDERFUL!!!!

Once you try Rhonda's lip balms you'll be in heaven, the color selection is gorgeous, and the customer service is TOP NOTCH!!!

Rhonda, the owner and creator, is a DOLL. She will work with you if you don't see a color match for foundation. I believe she has a couple of different coverages - velvet matte, regular, and xtra coverage I believe.

Samples are ALL in jars - not baggies - bonus!

No bismuth in any of her products either, unlike Jane and Bare Essentuals.

Laughing Laughing Maria

Oooh! Your raves have me wanting to try this! Smile May I have a link to the site, please? Smile Thanks super bunches! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
BareFaced Minerals
Rhonda's products are great. One of the best mineral make-up base colour selections I have ever seen!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 3:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi!
Big thanks for sharing your opinions and experience with me! Surprised
Now I´m convinced I´ve got to try this and the Pure Luxe line as well.
And I who wasn´t supposed to buy ANYTHING else this month...... Laughing Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2005 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes I JUST STARTED USING BARE ESCENTUALS AND AT FIRST IT WAS TAKING THE RED AWAY . NOW... IM LOOKING A LITTLE ORANGE. I HAVE 2 FOUNDATIONS AND THE MINERAL VAIL . I JUST MIXED THEM TOGETHER TO MAKE MY OWN COLOR BUT IT'S JUST NOT AS GOOD AS I THOUGHT IT WAS. NOW WHAT IS LUXE ? YOU SAID IT IS BETTER ? Question I JUST BOUGHT A CRAP LOAD OF BARE ESCENUALS PRODUCTS.IM ALL CONFUSED NOW Embarassed I HAVE BROKEN CAPS AND AT FIRST IT WORKED. NOW IT LOOKS ICKY AND ORANGE.MY FRIEND IS GOING TO TRY LUXE .. ANYONE OUT THERE USE THE PRODUCT AND CAN GIVE SOME INFO ON IT. THANKS. Confused lassie 1234
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Lassie -- sometimes if a mineral makeup has too much of the peach undertone to it, it can cast an orangy effect. Also, if your skin tends get oily, that may also produce an orange appearance.

I would say the biggest difference between the biggie lines like BE and JI is that these smaller lines like Pure Luxe and BFM offer a WAY more varied selection of skincolor tones, and will even work with you to concoct your own signature color if that's what they need to do to help you find a match. I have personally ordered from both Rhonda (BFM) and Christine (Pure Luxe) and have found them both to be extremely accomodating and helpful.

It could be that you don't need any peach in your foundation - you may be a true neutral or leaning more towards yellow...but you can get so many samples from the above two lines mentioned and they are so reasonably priced, you are bound to find your color match.

The other difference in the lines is that there is no bismuth in either Pure Luxe or Bare Faced Minerals - a known culprit to cause reactions in some people (like me Crying or Very sad ).

See what your friend thinks of Pure Luxe and maybe she can let you try it and see what you think. If not, order samples from them. Maybe that will help you find your real match.

Good luck!

Maria Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Brick wall well found out i have a bad case of rosasa and bad amount of broken caps on face and chest and going into my i eye's i got a
script for that. i have to wear spf 30 or better. very little sun to the face and chest area..he gave me samples of something for the wrinkles and lins..its, RENOVA Question WHAT DOES IT DO AND HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE Question now i use alot of estee lauder anit aging stuff. night repair, multi hydrate moist. the daytime recilance and night face and throat
recilance.. i dont use them all at the same
time. lol
future perfect and
CP what should i use as a night cream since i have to use the renova at night ?in the morning what
do i use first.. he gave me neutrogena spf30
daily moisturizer. now what do i do with my estee lauder products ? and also i been using B E (until i get my luxe) and with B E i have the serum to go over the moist.er...how confusing is that ?? im stumped here in wisconsin Embarassed Shock Neutral
i mean for the morning routine, what do i do ? where do i start ?
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 4:43 am      Reply with quote
lassie1234 wrote:
Brick wall well found out i have a bad case of rosasa and bad amount of broken caps on face and chest and going into my i eye's i got a
script for that. i have to wear spf 30 or better. very little sun to the face and chest area..he gave me samples of something for the wrinkles and lins..its, RENOVA Question WHAT DOES IT DO AND HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE Question now i use alot of estee lauder anit aging stuff. night repair, multi hydrate moist. the daytime recilance and night face and throat
recilance.. i dont use them all at the same
time. lol
future perfect and
CP what should i use as a night cream since i have to use the renova at night ?in the morning what
do i use first.. he gave me neutrogena spf30
daily moisturizer. now what do i do with my estee lauder products ? and also i been using B E (until i get my luxe) and with B E i have the serum to go over the moist.er...how confusing is that ?? im stumped here in wisconsin Embarassed Shock Neutral
i mean for the morning routine, what do i do ? where do i start ?

I would stop using the Estee Lauder. If you really like it, I guess you could use it in the morning. I wouldn't use a night cream with renova. I believe they recommmend the use of renova for 8-12 months before seeing results with wrinkles. Maybe some see them faster...
You might want to get something higher than SPF 30, especially if you spend time outdoors.

Sun May 22, 2005 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Can't speak for the smaller mineral lines but I'm a devoted BE girl. I'm lucky in that I can easily take the light shade and toss some of the bisque in and voila, perfect coverage.

If you want to go BE and you identify with the burn-never tan-skin type, definately go with the FAIR color--it's not on the TV advertisments but you can CALL the number and get it that way. It's for the irish/pinkish types and is not a yellow based foundation at all.

I admit, I'm a BE junkie, I love how easy the product goes on, the colors work so well for me, and it really does make my skin look, well, healthy! I get great coverage under the eyes, around the nose, and definatley evens the chin and cheek skin tone.

I think their all over face colors, like True and Glee, are great--half the time I don't bother with any secondary 'blush' color. Just using glee gives me a great glow. If you take the warmth you can blend a countour powder to help shape the cheeks and under the neck (anything to give the illusion of being thinner, right?)

I get great staying power through out the day--worst I ever need to do for my oily skin is maybe use a blot sheet if I've been in the Virginia summer heat, normally not even that--just touch up with mineral veil from the compact or my retractable brush.

I know, I know..we all love our favoriate products---but I can't say how much I love having people who know me comment on how great my SKIN looks. People have absolutely no idea just how much BE I'm wearing to get that great look--which is the way it oughta be!

Cheers![/code]
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
I made my first order from Bare Faced Minerals today. Rhonda is wonderful. I have been emailing her AND EMAILING HER her back and forth all day since today is the first day that I have ever purchased MMU and I had absolutely no clue what I was doing or what I needed. She has patiently led me along and helped me decide what to sample. For foundation I did Bonnie Fair, light neutral and light in the Velvet Matte. Hopefully one of those will work for me. I also got blush samples, concealer samples,finishing powder, a lip stick and balm, and a couple of wonderfully priced brushes. There are some really great looking colors on the site. I had to rein myself in to mostly sample and not get too hyper with the credit card. But I still keep eyeing those eyeshadows. I'm really excited at the thought of getting everything.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Rhonda is amazing! I was trying to order some stuff for a friend a while ago, and she was so helpful with foundation colours and other samples. BFM is definitley a great line!

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |