Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
This is not exactly my review, it's my mom's.

She just received her new order of JI Liquid Minerals in Bisque yesterday and could not wait to try it on right away and she told me she thought she just found her perfect foundation!

To view and learn more about the product you can go to JI website.

For my mom, a real fan of JI line, to have discovered this new revolutionary beauty care is a real thrill.

May be I should ask her to let me try it and order for myself another warmer shade, something to make my pale complexion really glowy, dewy in the coming winter Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Mabsy

Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi Leila Smile

I just thought I'd follow up on this and see if you have tried it at all yourself? I'm really tempted to get a bottle (Bisque I think; not too sure). Is your mum still liking this? What do you think of it? If it hard to blend in? How much coverage does it provide?

Sorry to pepper you with so many questions like that but I'm REALLY curious Very Happy

Mabsy.
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Hello Mabsy! How is the weather?:P

My Mom replaced her regular foundations with this new, fantastic, and wonderful product ( her exact words).

You've never seen anything like this before. It contains thousands of caviar-like little balls floating in thick fluid, well sealed in a clear bottle with very convenient pump.

For the first few drops in the FIRST-TIME use, you will see more liquid comes out, don't waste it, it can be used as a primer. From then on the amount of clear liquid and color emulsion will come out equally. With your finger, just mix them up smoothly, then apply on your skin the same way you do a regular foundation. To cover her blemishes, my Mom just use her camouflage brush to add one more thin layer of the mixture on spots and she's ready. She doesn't have to use any setting powder.

It stays all day smooth and fresh, doesn't settle into lines and pores and won't change color. Mom says she needs less time in using this new liquid mineral and she thinks it seems to make her skin firmer and brighter, yet it is so light and makes you feel like you have real nice skin.

I tried this liquid mineral twice. Really like its texture and the way it can cover my blemishes. You don't have the feeling of having heavy coverage on your face, if you know what I mean, so many times you try to camouflage a blemish and end up make it more visible, more obvious.

Oh! I just realise that it just like using JI circle delete eye concealer for your whole face! Yeah! that same feeling of good coverage and freshness ( but none of the grease). I have to get a different shade though. I feel so pale with Bisque ( had to add some BE Summer Bisque here and there):P. I was just wondering if EDS has any sample of this beautiful ptd for us to try.

IMHO, JI liquid mineral is a good investment if you want a good foundation and skin care ( as they claim) in the same bottle. I don't know yet how much it will improve our skin in the long run but for now my Mom and I am very happy with the way it does to our complexion: quick and easy to apply, gives good and natural coverage, stays fresh and doesn't shift color and does no harm to our skin.

If mineral make up is for you, liquid mineral is for...uhm...a happier you!

Hope this post will help you a little, dear Mabsy!
WinkWinkWink
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2003 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hello again Mabsy!

I was doing my laundry today and when folding my...uhm...you know...those casual lingerie, a funny thought came to me and I thought I gotta share it with you.

If you are a girl who loves to find and have the real thing ( non- synthetic, no gimmick) like: minerals make up, real leather boots, real pearl, cotton and silk lingerie, etc. et etc..., I would say :" If JI minerals powder is like cotton for lingerie, then, liquid minerals make up is like silk!"

Hope you get my humble way of comparison. Well, it's kind of spooky thinking that I'm sitting here writing this post while you are wandering somewhere in the dreamland. Good dreams, Mabsy girl!:P:P:P
Mabsy

Sun Oct 12, 2003 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for that Leila. I woke up this morning and your reply was waiting for me. Gotta love the Internet! Smile

JI Liquid Minerals sound really good. I was tempted to try them before but after reading what you wrote I'm sure that I will. But now I don't know what shade to get. I was thinking Bisque but Warm Silk also looks like it would suit me. From memory you're a MAC NC15. So am I, so if you're finding Bisque too pale for you then perhaps so will I. It would be good to get a sample of the two shades but I don't think JI does samples of Liquid Minerals (it would be hard given this type of product).

As an aside, I have used a similar packaged product before and have not been impressed with what came out of the bottle. Physician's Formula makes face tints that are packaged exactly like the JI Liquid Minerals. Have a look at http://www.physiciansformula.com/product_catalog/detail.asp?itemid=03261&scene=facemakeup. I tried it but found them really hard to blend which is why I was a bit weary of the Liquid Minerals.

Mabsy.
Mabsy

Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Why oh why does Australia ALWAYS have to be behind with products!!?? When I decide that I want to try something I want to try it NOW NOW NOW *stomps feet* not 'some time in the foreseeable future'. Grrr!

JI does not do samples of Liquid Minerals but I found the Australian/NZ JI distributor only to find that the Liquid Minerals 'are coming soon'. They have now arrived but are with the distributor and no stockists have them yet and the distributor doesn't know when they will! Double "Grrr"! All I want to do is go have a look at the colours and also see if I like the texture of it before i decide to order it. Can't make up my mind on the shade from the online colour swatches Sad

I wish they'd hurry up! Though I suppose all this waiting is good for exercising my will power....
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |