Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

ping Carrie or anyone who knows about chamomile eo
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using a strong chamomile tea on my face to calm the redness, itching and soreness. I soak cotton pads in it and use it like a toner. Has a sort of analgesic effect and reduced redness significantly. I've ordered Chamomile essential oil too, will it work the same and how do I use dilute it, or can I use it full strenght? Thank you Carekate (Carrie) for mentioning chamomile is calming. I've been *drinking* this tea for years but never thought to put it on my skin!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
I use chamomile on my chinchillas. Whenever they get gunky eyes or eye infections I use soaked tea bags to soothe and clean them.

I should try the bags over my own eyes next time I take a long bath...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
It feels really nice on my eyes, I'm so amazed. This was my mom's cure all, if you had a head or tummy ache or trouble sleeping chamomile tea was her prescription.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
Chamomile is very calming. But if you ordered chamomile absolute instead of essential oil, only use a drop! It can actually be irritating due to the solvents used to extract the absolute & needs to be diluted.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Darren! I think it's an eo.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8161098977

editing to mention this url will need to be copy/pasted to work

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
u can dilute the pure eo by base oil (10ml base oil with 1 drop EO)

Or u can dilute it with pure aloe gel (base oil is needed too)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
you could probably drop a bit into ACV toner if you're using that...

or any other toner..

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
I use chamomile in my ACV toner too, but it doesn't actually dissolve in the liquid, as they are polar/nonpolar blah, but have to shake it up everytime I do it.

WHen I was looking to buy chamoile EO, there were two types - romaine and german, forgot which one is more suited for the skin though.

And it's always better to try and get a steam distilled EO, not one done through hexane extraction. Sometimes the prices are like 50% more, but a little bottle lasts forever!
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
And it's always better to try and get a steam distilled EO, not one done through hexane extraction. Sometimes the prices are like 50% more, but a little bottle lasts forever!

Ah, well this would explain the huge price difference in the ones I looked at, they were all Roman I think.

Thanks for the tips everyone! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Well, it looks like everyone got you your answers (I was so busy yesterday, I only had time to read my PMs from Faith re: that Japanese miracle eyelash serum), so the only thing left for me to add is:

Here’s the thread which discusses the differences between German and Roman Chamomile:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6148&highlight=chamomile

I’m constantly thrilled and excited the more I learn about essential oils and how we can use them to cure all kinds of ills. It looks like our mothers and grandmothers knew what they were talking about, afterall! I’ve gotten to the point were if I or anyone in my family gets sick or injured, I’ll research to see if there is any kind of homemade, natural treatment I can use instead of rushing to the drugstore to buy something off the shelf.

In the past, I posted a guide to the use of EOs in skin and/or health care, but I found another interesting website that describes all of the uses of the various EOs and what they can do for our health and/or our moods. Check it out sometime if you’re interested in these sorts of things: http://www.aroma-pure.com/eodescriptions.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Carrie! Very Happy It's good to see you!

That website is cool!! I'm obsessed with anti-inflammatory/irritant oils right now. It's facinating stuff! Why use cortizone when chamomile and other eos don't have the nasty side effects? I can't wait to experiment with it! Smile

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |