Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Rave for DIY “1000 Hours Lash Tint Kit”
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:32 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
Help:
whats the difference between blue/black and black..my brain says blue/black might be alot more glossy looking. And if an earlier post is right at $1 an application that would mean around 20 per box. Not bad. I had my eyelashed dyed once by a professional and was not impressed with the process nor the length of time it lasted. I have pretty decent lashes, in fact in certain eyewear they will hit the lenses, so this sounds right up my alley, and of course we all always want more than we have Wink. Oh fyi I have plain brown eyes, so not sure if black or blue/black (for more gloss) is right.

I asked this question when I had my first ever tint done and the lady said that the blue/black is glossier than just the black. It's the most popular tint color (at least at that salon). Btw, I also have brown eyes. If you have a look towards on the second page of this thread you'll see a picture of how the tint turns out (it does not look blue AT ALL - you can't tell).

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy,
You have beautiful eyes!
They look more brown/green.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy....ok blue/black it is, I'll take all the gloss I can Wink
Mabsy

Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you kpka Embarassed That's why I love purple mascara - goes *so* well with this kind of eye color...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy,
Purple brings out the green in your eyes Wink
Are you still using Blinc Kiss Me mascara in purple?
Just curious if you found any good alternatives?
Mabsy

Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:14 am      Reply with quote
kpka wrote:
Mabsy,
Purple brings out the green in your eyes Wink
Are you still using Blinc Kiss Me mascara in purple?
Just curious if you found any good alternatives?

Yeah, I read about that somewhere (could have been here Smile) and that's why I decided to try out purple mascaras Very Happy I am not using any mascara at the moment (just the lash conditioners) but the Kiss Me is still one of my faves. If you don't like that type of formulation (admittedly I'm not always in the mood for using it) then Clarins has a nice purple in their Pure Curl mascaras (though they tend to smudge a bit at times) and Lancome has a nice Prune in their Flextencils range. I'd love to try DiorShow in purple, fuchsia or chestnut. I've only got it in black.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
mabsy- your eyes are beautiful! i've actually never seen that color combination before where the green is kinda on the outside.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:49 am      Reply with quote
Think blue-black is most popular at all salons I have been to as well- it looks really nice and seems to be darker than black-black.

By the way, can't find the lash kit anywhere yet- so disappointing! Not that I've used one for ages, but still...liked when I knew it was available at all times. Will be ok tho.
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Yeah, I read about that somewhere (could have been here Smile) and that's why I decided to try out purple mascaras Very Happy I am not using any mascara at the moment (just the lash conditioners) but the Kiss Me is still one of my faves. If you don't like that type of formulation (admittedly I'm not always in the mood for using it) then Clarins has a nice purple in their Pure Curl mascaras (though they tend to smudge a bit at times) and Lancome has a nice Prune in their Flextencils range. I'd love to try DiorShow in purple, fuchsia or chestnut. I've only got it in black.

Don't bother with DiorShow in purple. You can hardly see the purple hint in that one. I bought it, looked from every angle and only on the sun from a certain angle I could see purplish color. Plus it smudges really bad. I like that eyelashes are so full and long with it but I can't stand the smudging. If I were to compare DiorShow in purple to Blinc Kiss Me in purple than Blinc Kiss Me wins by 100% with its intensity of color and no smudging.
I never liked Lancome mascaras for some reasons. Clarins....wanted to try but since you said it smudges I'll pass.
Just remembered, Chanel also have nice purple mascara. In color it is similar to Blinc Kiss Me. And it is not waterproof Smile
I really love Blinc Kiss Me but sometimes it is not so easy to apply so I was looking for a good easy to apply alternative. I guess it is not out there yet Sad
Mabsy

Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:37 am      Reply with quote
kpka wrote:
Don't bother with DiorShow in purple. You can hardly see the purple hint in that one. I bought it, looked from every angle and only on the sun from a certain angle I could see purplish color. Plus it smudges really bad.

Thank you - you just saved me about Au$45 Smile

Amnis - thank you Embarassed

Maddy - if I ever track the kit down in the shops here I'll PM you Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:47 am      Reply with quote
I used the 1000 hour lash kit a couple of days ago and I love the results! Mine didn't look this good when I was having it done at the spa! I got it in black, but have the blue/black on the way. It could be my imagination, but my lashes seem curlier too.

-Cheri
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:49 am      Reply with quote
I ordered the kit from http://www.radiusdirect.co.nz/
and just got it in the mail! It cost about $20 plus $9 in shipping...now I'm off to trying it out, but just wanted to let you guys now where to order it online Very Happy
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
So the results; I love it! I have really sensitive eyes, and although it stung alittle when I washed it off, my eyes did not even get red or irritated as they have been when I've tried other lash-tints (also had a horrible experience at a spa where my eyes started tearing up and I walked out of there being stained black all under my eyes...for 5 days!) Shock

One recomendation: if you're only doing your lashes, half of the recomended amout should be more then enough! I used probably only a fourth of my batch. So try just doing 1/2 inch of the cream and 5 drops instead and your kit will last even longer

Very Happy
StudioDirectCosmetics

Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I've been reading your threads and have enjoyed trying out a few new products.

Based on your recommendations I tried the 1000 hours lash tint today and really liked it. However, I did get a bit of it everywhere and noticed that it stained my skin quite nicely. This got me wondering if I could take an eyeliner brush and use it to stain a thin eyeliner line above and below my lashes??

I should have only used half as happyhippie recommended, however, I forgot as I was excited when it arrived and wanted to try it.

Thanks for any info,
Joyce
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:15 am      Reply with quote
StudioDirectCosmetics wrote:
Based on your recommendations I tried the 1000 hours lash tint today and really liked it. However, I did get a bit of it everywhere and noticed that it stained my skin quite nicely.
VASELINE, VASELINE, VASELINE!!!!

Ladies, I can’t emphasize this enough: you need to carefully apply a coating of vaseline/petroleum jelly all around your eye area to prevent the lash dye from staining your skin. I know it’s messy and a pain in the *ss, but it really does keep you from dying more than your lashes! Personally, I use a pointed Qtip/cotton swab and swirl it in the vaseline to thoroughly coat it, then use the Qtip to carefully apply a layer of vaseline right up to my upper and lower lashline, but the pointed Qtip affords enough control that I don’t smear vaseline all over my lashes as well (which would prevent the dye from penetrating the lashes evenly).

Carrie

P.S. I re-tinted my lashes this weekend because the "roots" had started to grow out as a result of that Japanese eyelash growth serum, but this time I didn’t quite apply the vaseline right up to the edge of my lashline, so some of the dye actually stained my lashline like having permanent eyeliner tattooed on your eye. It’s not really obvious looking, but it’s just enough to give my eyes that extra little “pop.” So I guess the answer to Joyce’s question is that the 1000 Hours can be used as a “permanent eyeliner,” although I don’t know how long the effect would actually last on your skin rather than the hair of your lashes....

One more thing, I was actually mixing and applying my 1000 Hours Blue/Black Lash Tint outside in the afternoon sunlight and while I was mixing the stuff together, I swear that the dye mixture appeared more violet-black then it did blue-black when you look at it in broad daylight! Obviously I consider this to be a very good thing, because I’ve been jones-ing for a purple/black lash tint since my eyes are green and purple really makes the color pop. Now maybe I don’t need to look any further than the lash tinting kit that I’ve already got!!

Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:36 am      Reply with quote
Actually, when I got my lashes tinted at the salon I came out with a really nice eye liner type line. Sadly, it only lasted for a couple of days.

I also use vaseline when I tint my lashes but I use little paper contoured shapes as well to stick on the vaseline under my eyes. You can get them on eBay from asian cosmetic sellers - just like they have the paper face masks, they have paper eye area masks. They're cheap as and work really well for tinting.

Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the additional information. I actually got a stain of it on my skin near my jawline when I dropped the applicator:)!! I didn't notice it for a while, however, I was able to remove it with nail polish remover. I did use vaseline around my eyes and did get much better with the application technique after I retrieved the applicator.

I noticed that when I first mixed it up, it was a Blue-Black. However, I was fooling around with it for nearly an hour and the mixture most definitely turned a distinctive Black-Purple in the mixing pan after some amount of time. I can not remember how long it took, but it was very noticeable.

I'm sorry to hear it only lasts a few days as an eyeliner.

Does anyone know if this not allowed to be sold in the USA due to FDA regulations? I am going to check that out, as I ordered it from the UK, however, it was shipped quickly and the shipping was only $9.

Thanks again,
Joyce
CharlieBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:45 am      Reply with quote
I can't wait, I just placed an order for this!! should be here any day now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:14 am      Reply with quote
StudioDirectCosmetics wrote:
Does anyone know if this not allowed to be sold in the USA due to FDA regulations?
It doesn't contain any of the banned ingredients (see my first post in this thread for complete list, then a later post where I listed the exact ingredients), so I don't think it's banned, meaning it's legal to import it from outside the U.S.. But on the other hand, I doubt the FDA recommends the use of it, either....

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I just order 2 kits, you bad girls you Shame on you. I ordered one in ebony and one midnight blue. I wonder how they will take to get to the usa? I can't wait to try it. I was using the roux (sp) and decided that I wasn't to crazy about it.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:11 am      Reply with quote
vegas gal wrote:
I wonder how they will take to get to the usa?
Mine typically arrives in 7-10 business days from the date I ordered it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Mine typically arrives in 7-10 business days from the date I ordered it.

Thanks so much for letting me know. Did they email you when they shipped it?
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Just did this today. What a great product. Love the look, and it's easy to do! Thanks for the tip, Carrie. This is for sure a reorder.

Maria Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
I've been waiting to try this till after I try the lucia's, thinking eyelashes coated might not let the lucia's work as well. Is this just dumb of me? Or should I throw caution to the wind and go for it before the lucias?
Melissa
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmmm....I don't think the tinting will effect the Lucia and vice versa. You're not really coating your lashes per se, you're just making them darker! The Lucia is conditioning them and helping them grow....

Lots of us in this thread are using both products and a couple of gals are even using one or more lash accelerator-type products with the tinting product with I'm pretty sure no problems.

Maria Smile

Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |