Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Jane Iredale Liquid Mineral Review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
nrsgina
5% products discount

Sat Oct 25, 2003 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
LOVE IT! It is an awesome base for the loose minerals if you do not feel like you get enought coverage from just the loose. I put this on, its very watery at first and you think that it would not cover well, then when some of the liquid dries, the foundation turns in to the beautiful semi matte finish, I believe that you could build the coverage if you wanted more. I then dust with loose mineral and rice powder, and I am pretty oily. I will NEVER go back to regular foundation! I love the beautiful, natural coverage, the naturalness of the product, the way my skin has cleared up by using the right products with the right foundation. Believe me, I have bought thousands of dollars worth of high end foundations, and this combo is my holy grail!
Gina
Mabsy

Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Gina Smile

This is my 'next on the list' product but I'm waiting to try out some testers before I order it online. I'm fairly pale and I can't quite decide which shade is for me....

Anyways, could you comment on the coverage of this? Is it more like a tinted moituriser, sheer coverage foundation or a normal foundation? Also does the product mix evenly with the gel it's suspended in?

Thanks Smile
nrsgina
5% products discount

Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi...It has a good "buildable" coverage if you let it dry between coats, the beads do mix with the serum, it seemed really too light at first, but now that I have played with it a while, I have foun that it works great. It takes a while when you have been using a double matte thick foundation like I was.
Gina
Mabsy

Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Gina, sounds perfect! Can't wait till some stockist here gets it and I can play around with the colours.

Oh I wish they'd hurry up! *stomps feet*

Mabsy.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, I want to try this too.Did you order some testers from somewhere?Its so hard to get an accurate indication of colours when just looking at pictures on internet.
Mabsy

Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:16 am      Reply with quote
I ended up getting two of these - Bisque and Warm Silk. I found that Warm Silk was too dark (I actually wear the JI pressed in Warm Silk which is fine) and gave that one to my mum. I have since repurchased it multiple times for her - it's her favorite foundation. I used up the Bisque and liked it, but I do prefer the pressed JI foundation - it's just quicker, easier to apply, and doesn't get my fingers dirty Smile

There are Aussie stockists of JI, but I find it still much cheaper to get JI from overseas. If you need to try out some testers first before you decide on a shade then I would suggest you contact JI and ask for the contact details of the JI Australian distributor - they will be able to tell you where your nearest stockist is.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy,where did you purchase your samples from? Very Happy
Mabsy

Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:48 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
Thanks Mabsy,where did you purchase your samples from? Very Happy

Sorry, I should have clarified - I purchased the full size. As far as I understand, it's not possible to get samples of the JI Liquid because of the form that it comes in...

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure if this is a similar product, but I recently started using Jane Iredale powder and am obsessed...such a good product!
Mabsy

Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:22 am      Reply with quote
applepie wrote:
Not sure if this is a similar product, but I recently started using Jane Iredale powder and am obsessed...such a good product!

Same brand, different formulation. I'm with you though - I use the JI pressed base and it's fantastic! Smile

5% products discount

Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:23 am      Reply with quote
I have heard great things about JI liquid foundation. However, does it work well on oily skin? Does it control shine?
Also have anyone tried the JI pressed powder? I was interested in getting that until someone told me that it doesn't work well on oily skin.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I use the JI liquid-I have combo skin that is also sensitive to the bismuth in most loose & pressed. i find that it goes on nice and can be layered. If I need shine control I have used Jurlique loose under it but seems since it has gotten cold I only blot w/tissue on my forehead once a day. I was told you can also use the pressed/loose over top of it but the colors are not the same so be careful. I also apply it w/my fingers I get a better finish that way. Hope this helps. Its not my HG but working for now Wink

skin: combo/sensitive 46yr old red head
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
I've wanted to try JI liquid minerals, but my skin tone is so difficult to match and did not want to purchase a full-size guess. A few days ago I found a spa that sells JI, and one of the aestheticians kindly matched my skin to satin. (I'm a true neutral, and MAC NC25 to 30) She insisted that I take some home and try for several days before I purchase it and pumped a bit of the satin liquid minerals in a disposable sample cup with lid. She showed me how to apply....after applying moisturizer, pump a bit of the liquid minerals into the palm of your hand and mix the separated product together with your finger before applying. Once well blended, it is a nice, smooth texture. It applies easily, but does dry rather quickly and leaves a smooth, flawless, matte finish. I prefer a bit of a dewy finish, but I am liking this a lot!
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |