Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
My hair has never looked better
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:48 am      Reply with quote
I have been using John Masters hair preoducts for a couple of weeks now and my hair is looking better than it has done for a long time.

The Vanilla and Bourbon texturiser has a gorgeous smell. I normally avoid scented products like the plague but even my husband said how nice it was. It also works very well - is non-greasy and holds hair in place without crunchiness.

The Pomade is a great smoothing product which gives me lots of shine.

The dry hair nourishment serum means I can leave my hair to air dry without it puffing up like a huge nest. You only use 1 or 2 drops or it'll look greasy. My hair is very fine but there is loads of it and this works great with 1 drop.

The Evening Primrose Shampoo is probably my least favourite product - I think my hair needs to get used to no cones though.
I have just got the Zinc and sage shampoo whcih I'll try out tomorrow.

I used my gift voucher from EDS to buy this little stash.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:58 am      Reply with quote
Sounds nice Emma. Great to be able to try something new using a voucher.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Went to Naples Florida recently and they had really soft water, it must have been specially softened but my hair was absolutely amazing! It was SO shiny, all over, quite difficult to straighten but really glossy, it could only have been the water as I had my usual shampoo, which does not make my hair that glossy.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:30 am      Reply with quote
re soft water. I believe it!

I know that I have experienced a big difference in my shower experience after installing a Wellness filter. Philly water is heavily chlorinated. With the filter, I don't need to condition or moisturize hair or body nearly as much as before!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:33 am      Reply with quote
You have created another lemming Emma! Laughing

This Vanilla and Bourbon texturiser - do you just use a dab, smush it around you hand and then run through dry hair? Would I need to wash my hair every day?

Still maintaining my short hair so I have been trying to find something that will allow me to texturise it without the stickiness. Closest find so far has been KMS.

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:47 am      Reply with quote
I find the smell of the Vanilla and Bourbon COMPLETELY irresistible!

I love hair products that smell good! Right now, I'm testing some hair and body products for a new company and their stuff is outta this world. Stay tuned for more...... Wink
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:01 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
I find the smell of the Vanilla and Bourbon COMPLETELY irresistible!

I love hair products that smell good! Right now, I'm testing some hair and body products for a new company and their stuff is outta this world. Stay tuned for more...... Wink

Could you tell me more about the Vanilla and Bourbon please katee?

I would love a description of its usability Very Happy.

As for this mysterious new company - possibility of its being run by a EDS member? Wink

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Katee, please, do not keep us in suspense for too long.

Always on a lookout for a great shampoo.

(Patience is definitely not one of my virtues).

Thanks,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:42 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
Went to Naples Florida recently and they had really soft water, it must have been specially softened but my hair was absolutely amazing! It was SO shiny, all over, quite difficult to straighten but really glossy, it could only have been the water as I had my usual shampoo, which does not make my hair that glossy.

I used to live in Naples! Naples has the calmest, clearest, gentlest, warmest, and cleanest, beaches I've ever seen!

Emma, I'm glad you're happy with you're JM hair products! Smile
rainbowcheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I'm so tempted!
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Glad the products are working for you Emma2006 Smile, I have also heard great reviews about the John Masters range. I'm definitely thinking of ordering a few products.
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
unfortunately the defrizzer didn't work so well for me - i would love to try the detangler and gel though. if anyone would like to swap, just pm me!
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Shock I don't want to hear abt it....else will be tempted Laughing
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
JM is on my to try list.
hugaio
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
try Loreal professionnel absolute repair---Repairing masque.....it works for me
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:27 am      Reply with quote
cuppre wrote:

This Vanilla and Bourbon texturiser - do you just use a dab, smush it around you hand and then run through dry hair? Would I need to wash my hair every day?

Still maintaining my short hair so I have been trying to find something that will allow me to texturise it without the stickiness. Closest find so far has been KMS.

I just put a teeny bit in my palms and smush it around ( I like that word Laughing

I forgot the neroli conditioner - this has an out of this world scent and is an excellent conditioner.)
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
cuppre wrote:

I just put a teeny bit in my palms and smush it around ( I like that word Laughing

I forgot the neroli conditioner - this has an out of this world scent and is an excellent conditioner.)

*drools* neroli conditioner.

Ok, I am going to regret this but I am off to check the line out on here.

scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I used my EDS voucher that I won to purchase the shampoo, conditioner, texturizer and defrizzer as I always like to switch out/try new products. I'm still loving my Mop Top styling ones, though, they are working really well. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:21 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
I used my EDS voucher that I won to purchase the shampoo, conditioner, texturizer and defrizzer as I always like to switch out/try new products. I'm still loving my Mop Top styling ones, though, they are working really well. Smile

PLease let us know about the defrizzer. I love the primrose shampoo & neroli cond. I've been eyeing the defrizzer to use in place of shine serums or just before drying.
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:22 am      Reply with quote
i really wish the defrizzer had worked for me! oh well, too late. anyway, if anyone here is also on mua, my account there is rosenb and my defrizzer is up for swap Smile
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="marina
PLease let us know about the defrizzer. I love the primrose shampoo & neroli cond. I've been eyeing the defrizzer to use in place of shine serums or just before drying.[/quote]

That is exactly how I use it.
I rub 1 or 2 teeny drops into my palms and then smooth my hair. It normally goes boofy if I leave it to air dry even using some products. however, this defrizzer has worked wonders.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you. Summer coming...poofy, boofy hair season. Time for an order.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I intend to use it as Emma described and will let you know how it works on my very course, thick hair.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
I intend to use it as Emma described and will let you know how it works on my very course, thick hair.

I used to have ultra thick, coarse hair.....why does everything fall apart with me? Confused
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:

I used to have ultra thick, coarse hair.....why does everything fall apart with me? Confused

Hey, my dear. What is your diet like? Stress? Environment? I know things change as we age but there could be other factors at play here.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |