Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Alpha Lipoic Acid Creams
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:42 am      Reply with quote
So, the Perricone review got me thinking that maybe Dr. Perricone does know what he is talking about, but I still think his products are way too overpriced. I was searching for a cream with Alpha Lipoic Acid, and came across this. It looks better than Perricone's actually. 2 questions though. What is Arlacel 165, and has anyone tried this? It is called *Anti-Wrinkle Cream by Nutravite*. In The Wrinkle Cure, Perricone says that ALA is better than Vit C because it is oil and water soluble, and that in his test patients, it created a porcelain complexion. I don't know how he explains it, but its worth a try, and this cream is only............$22.75 Very Happy

Ingredients:
Ingredients: Water (Purified), Ascorbyl Palmitate, Arlacel 165, Aloe Vera Gel, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenonip, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Alpha Lipoic Acid, Jojoba Seed Oil, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lavender Oil, Castor Oil, Dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE) 1%

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:26 am      Reply with quote
I say forget the alpha lipoic. And I agree that Dr. P's products are way overpriced. There isn't any one thing that is good for skin except maybe antioxidants. Try Pygnogenol which is 20 times more potent than vitamin C. Vitamin C and alpha lipoic is at the bottom compared to pygnogenol. Elysee makes a very good one. There is a website.
quacko
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
faith,

If you are interested in ala (Alpha Licoic Acid), it is easy to buy some capsules, and then add that in your regular cream. If you want a 1% ALA, for 1 oz., add 300 mg. ALA capsules, and mix. A 2% ALA cream would be 600 mg. ALA capsules. It is best to start with 1% concentration, and work your way up.

SusieQ,
What is Pynogenol? I've never heard of it.

Thanks,
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks SusieQ and quacko!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
I like ALA because it is oil and water soluble it helps stabilize emulsions. Instead of putting the ingredients of the pill directly into a cream I mix it into warmed grapeseedoil and ethanol in the micro and whip until dissolved. then add this solution to a product. I have also experimented with this in creams I've been working on. I have a good sonicator so I can do high intensity mixing.
I used to use ALA and grapeseed oil as a scrub in the tub (because it dissolves on the skin and doesn't leave grains to bother my butt.

I agree that the Perricone products are way over priced.
AJRN
5% products discount

Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Information on Pycnogenal Firming Serum by Elysee: I copied this from the Elysee website. This is truly a remarkable product.

Firmance™ Pycnogenol® Firming Serum, 1 oz.

Containing the patented antioxidant, Pycnogenol®, Elysee�s Firmance™ inhibits free-radical formation and further attack of degrading enzymes, resulting in an improved appearance of skin elasticity and firmness.

Pycnogenol® is one of the most powerful antioxidants on the market; and in research has proven to be twenty (20) times more powerful than vitamin C and fifty (50) times more powerful than vitamin E. In a comparative research study, Pycnogenol® was shown to be dramatically more effective than all other antioxidants tested: Vitamins C and E, Lipoic Acid and Grapeseed.

Active Ingredients: Pycnogenol®, Hyaluronic Acid, Tissue Repair Factor, ActiFirm.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:52 am      Reply with quote
faith, if you're looking for a good cream that contains alphalipoic acid, dmae and ester C, you can't do much better than Janson Beckett's day or night cream.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/alphaderma-anti-ageing.htm

These are actually too rich to apply to my face, but I use the nightcream on neck, chest and hands. Much better value with higher percentage of actives than Perricone, IMHO

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:06 am      Reply with quote
I've been using PSF's ALA serum with GREAT results!!! I apply it in the AM and after your skin absorbs it in a few mins, it just feels GREAT!

But then, it's also not cheap - $19 for only a 15ml bottle!!

thus, i just ordered some ALA powder and Squalane (the only 2 ingredients in PSF's serum) online and wish to make my own potion later! wish me luck! heehee Wink
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:48 am      Reply with quote
I've just interesting in ALA. How does it work to the skin? Can sensitive use it?
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:55 am      Reply with quote
daydreamingda wrote:
I've been using PSF's ALA serum with GREAT results!!! I apply it in the AM and after your skin absorbs it in a few mins, it just feels GREAT!

But then, it's also not cheap - $19 for only a 15ml bottle!!

thus, i just ordered some ALA powder and Squalane (the only 2 ingredients in PSF's serum) online and wish to make my own potion later! wish me luck! heehee Wink

Ddaydreamingda, where did you order your ALA powder and Squalane? Thanks.
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:48 am      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
Ddaydreamingda, where did you order your ALA powder and Squalane? Thanks.

Hi iaimei,

I ordered the ALA powder from bulkactives.com and the squalane from GOW (www.gardenofwisdom.com). Both are inexpensive and are gd for 10x the PSF bottle at least!! Dancing
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |