Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Magnifying Mirrors
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:34 am      Reply with quote
We got one of these for the bathroom

BIG MISTAKE!!!!!
As soon as I go near it I can see every pore and blackheads I never knew existed.....then I become possessed and have to sqeeze everything. Shock
It has come to a point now where I have a wash with the light on dim Laughing
These mirrors are torture yet oh so addictive, I wish I'd never bought the bloody thing!! Rolling Eyes Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing i know these mirrors,and i haaaate them...
Its like these f***ing changing cubicles...you ever look fat in them,no mather how skinny you actually are
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
ROFL! I know what you mean. I only keep one as a makeup mirror so i can pluck my brows. I hate looking at my skin in it!!
Sweety Smarty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
but a great deal for make up selling,the shop man just had to pull it verry close to you...Message: you REALLY need tis product Very Happy
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Oh god yes after all the messing and squeezing, you could sell me anything if I thought I could clear/cover this mess!!! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
dont say that...the junk sellers are evrywere.. Anxious
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:19 am      Reply with quote
Have seen myself once in one of these mirrors and never wish to again- was really turned off, yet it is strangely hypnotising to see self in close up. Confused
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:37 am      Reply with quote
OMG these are terrifying things. I have one and have to make myself not look, it turns a good face day in to a bad face day, thing is no one can get that close to your skin without it getting blurry Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:02 am      Reply with quote
okay,i dont wanna advocate this meany..but it has his good sites,i didnt know my own eyecolor,until i saw my eyes verry close up...(Its a light green-hazel thing,if (What i dont think)anyone is interest) Very Happy
Mabsy

Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:46 am      Reply with quote
rofl I've got one of these as well! Luckily it's just a little one and I only ever use it for touch ups. If I had a proper big one in the bathroom I think I'd have to get rid of it Laughing Even now, my other half laughs at me sometimes when I try to squeeze something and it turns out there is nothing there Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:03 am      Reply with quote
I'm addicted to these. I have 4 of them ranging from 5X-15X. The 15X is from Bed Bath & Beyond and of course I love/hate it. I wouldn't part with any of mine.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:46 am      Reply with quote
OMG! I use mine all the time, especially to put my eye make-up on. I love them Very Happy

Anya
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
I think these mirrors are illegal in a few U.S. states. Laughing
maryfrancis3
5% products discount

Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
hee hee now that's funny Smile
I was wondering.... does anyone know where, especially in Australia where I can buy one of those mirrors?? I am getting older now ehem, 47 and need to wear glasses more and more. I can't see very well putting on mascara anymore. I was staying at the Stamford Hotel one night and they had one of these magnafying mirrors in the bathroom. It was a free standing mirror and you could swivel the mirror so that you had a weaker magnification and the flip it over and it was a stronger magnification on the other side. I did see a smaller version in David Jones a year or 2 ago but haven't seen them since. Was thinking of buying one online if possible. Any suggestions please?? I have looked around on Aussie sites here using the search terms such as magnifying mirror and cosmetic mirror but nothing what I am looking for has popped up yet.
Thanks for listening.
Mary xx Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Maryfrancis have you checked out any department stores? They're usually in the makeup accessory department, where they sell cosmetic bags, brushes etc. Or do you have a kind of Linen's and Things type store, where they sell bedding, towels, household type goods?

Anya
applepie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:36 am      Reply with quote
I used to have one that I could pull out from the wall...but I don't miss it! Happy living in my oblivious world if it means I don't have to see my skin that closely!
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi maryfrancis-

I don't have one of these but a friend bought a great one from a department store. It is a little swivel one with different magnifications on each side and a light around the edge so you can really highlight every pore Very Happy . Have a look in beauty or appliance sections of department stores.

Hope this helps.
maddy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |