Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Lumene Eye Makeup Base
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Hello, my name is Toe and I have oily eyelids. I'm pleased to note from this forum that I am not the only one who suffers with this problem. I very rarely wear eyeshadow as there is no point. Within an hour of applying eyeshadow (both powder and cream) it has disappeared into thin air. All that is remaining is a crease of colour in the centre of my eyelid. Not a good look. Sad
This was recommended in a thread by Carekate (who had received a recommendation from Maria Smile ) - so thanks to both of them for pointing me in the direction of this product.
This was one of the (many) products my boyfriend picked up for me while in the U.S. It was $9.99 from CVS (not sure if it is stocked anywhere else). I've never tried an eye primer before so can't compare it to any others that are on the market.
I tried some of the Lumene eye base the other day. I only placed it on one eyelid and left the other one in its glorious, greasy, natural state. I carefully applied eyeshadow (Bourjois Amethyste, if you must know) to both eyelids. The coverage on the greasy, 'bare' eyelid was very patchy whereas the application was much easier and even on the primed eyelid. The colour of the eyeshadow looked a lot more intense too. My boyfriend even asked me if I had used two different colours. He'd noticed a difference all by himself (clever boy) - I was shocked that he'd even noticed I was wearing eyeshadow! Very Happy
I checked my eyes about an hour later and sure enough the unprimed eyelid had lost most of its colour except for a thin, crease of Amethyste across the middle. The Lumene primed eyelid still had the same level of intense colour. The oiliness hadn't managed to penetrate through the eyeshadow and spoil the look. There was a tiny bit of creasing after a couple of hours but I think this had more to do with the type of eyelids I've got than a failure on behalf of the product. I've got really weird eyelids. Rolling Eyes
I'm really pleased with this product. It does a fantastic job of making eyeshadow application a lot easier on my oily eyelids and it also manages to keep the colour in place for hours.
It comes in a small, plastic tube. It has a tiny nozzle so it's easy to dispense the right amount. No nightmare scenario of squeezing the tube and having a load of product squirting out everywhere.
It has a light, creamy texture and comes in a nude, flesh coloured tone. Not a perfect match for my skin colour but as it is only to be used as a base it doesn't really matter.
Great product and cheap too! Very Happy

Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:01 am      Reply with quote
That's great that you found something that worked for you! And that you found it through EDS members as well Smile Sounds like a really good buy, given the results AND the price...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Woo-hoo!! I keep saying this, but I really am going to try this just as soon as I run out of my Urban Decay Primer Potion.

For the record, CVS Pharmacies are the only retailer in the U.S. that is licensed to carry the Lumene cosmetic line.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |