Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Jane Iredales new LIP-PLUMPER!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so excited...Jane Iredale just came out with their lip-plumper and I just ordered it up. Hope EDS will carry it soon too...it was only $18 and here are the ingredients;

More Lip™

Ingredients: Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Beeswax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Isopropyl Jojobate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Flavor, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate.

Sounds good to me! I'll let you know how it is once I receive it...has anyone else tried it yet? Very Happy
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
Where did you order it from?????

Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Oooo! Please post a follow up and let us know what it's like Angel

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:42 am      Reply with quote
OK Lolli...I'll tell you where to get the lip-plump because EDS does not sell it... kind of feel bad giving the website on this forum though, because the JI products are ALOT cheaper on this site Confused
astonishingskincare.com/jane_iredale.html
Very Happy
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Thank you!!! Smile They are much cheaper!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Please do let US know what you think! NONE have worked thus far for me! Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:07 am      Reply with quote
The lip plumper is available as part of the lip kit too. I checked out the Jane Iredale website and they don't even seem to be listing the lip plumper yet. Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Looking at the ingredients, this lip plumper is one of the “irritant” lip plumpers in the same mold as Lip Venom and others that use ingredients like cinnamon, mint, clove, etc., to irritate the lip tissue and force the blood to the surface of the lips thereby causing a slight swelling.

Judging simply by the list of ingredients, I don’t see anything that wows me about this formula so I think this is one lip plumping product that I’m going to be able to withstand the temptation and not rush out to buy it! But I reserve the right to change my mind once I hear the reports of others who’ve tried it so please let us know how you get on with it....

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:20 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Looking at the ingredients, this lip plumper is one of the “irritant” lip plumpers in the same mold as Lip Venom and others that use ingredients like cinnamon, mint, clove, etc., to irritate the lip tissue and force the blood to the surface of the lips thereby causing a slight swelling.

Yep. One website warns that you will feel a slight tingling as the ginger will stimulate the blood vessels.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:35 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:

Also, doesn't the irritant seem quite low on the list? The anti-irritants, aloe and green tea would counter act the irritant effects? Also, it's a pot!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Just got the lip plump!!! Very Happy

OK, first thing- packaging...not good Sad , I'm used to JI products being in nice luxurious functioning packaging and was disappointed to get a cheap looking blue metal tin jar, that did not close correctly and was hard to open up...but it might have been just a malfunctioning one...?

NOW, the product...I looooove the tast/smell of it...very yummi. The consistensy is good, so I have a feeling that this little jar is going to last a long time (like most of my JI products Very Happy ). It was tingeling on my lips- just as I like it, without being irretating...nice! It feels like a really luxurious lipbalm with mint-flavor (hope they'll change the packaging) and I like that it's not too thick so that it can easily be used under lipsticks/tints or glosses. I have pretty big lips to start with, so I don't know really how it did it's job with plumping my lips Neutral - they look alittle fuller though, but I do know that I will use this instead of all the other lip-balms I have and most likely re-order it!

So it fit my bill in what I have been looking for...it slightly plumps my lips, has good natural ingredients, tastes great, product will last longer then a few weeks, and has a nice tingeling feeling. Very Happy
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:40 am      Reply with quote
A few days down the road...

OK, I still like the tingeling and still hate the packaging, but what's mostly dissapointing is that I actually found the plumper to have a drying effect on my lips Sad ...I soooo want to like this product, but I need a serious moisturiser over my lips after using it... I'll see in a few days how it feels and will continue to update Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |