Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Natural Skin Care and Teenage Skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
steph2039
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:21 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Dr. Hauschka and Yonka products almost exclusively (well...except for my Dermalogica...love the microfoliant Very Happy ) for a few months now and have been very pleased with the results. While these lines have worked well for my 35 yr old combination skin type I'm not sure if they're appropriate for a 15 year old.

My daughter doesn't have a severe acne problem that would require anything precription, but she is struggling with frequent breakouts. Would using products from either yonka or Dr. Hauschka be a good idea for her teenage skin?

Stephanie Smile
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:34 am      Reply with quote
Dr Hauschka would be great for her skin, I am 23 and love using Dr Hauschka I only wish I had found this when I was in my teens.
The oily/impure range would probably benefit her.
I'd recomend:
Cleansing Cream
Clarifying Toner
Normalising Day Oil
Clay Mask
Rejuvenating Face Mask
My sister is 16 and has just got into Dr Hauschka, her skin has improved a lot already.

Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:51 am      Reply with quote
I think Dr Hauschka would be a good choice. I would also particualrly recommend YonKa Juvenil and YonKa Creme15 for her. Gentle but effective. She might find though that she breaks out a bit more at first before things get better (few weeks possibly). She could also give your Microfoliant a go every so often. This has salicylic acid in it and it's on the skin for a short period of time so it shouldn't be too harsh for her.

I'm glad you've seen good results from the Yonka/Hauschka/Dermalogica combo Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies. I actually have most of the Dr. Hauschka line but they're for normal skin. I think I may buy her a sample pack for oily/impure skin and let her start using the Dr. H cleansing milk now and the microfoliant (which she has actually asked to used but I wasn't sure if it was a good idea).

Mabsy, funny you say that about the Creme 15 and Juvenile. I have both of those products and they are wonderful. I don't use them all the time but I have found the creme 15 is a great base for my Jane Iredale makeup.

I know there is sometimes a purging of the skin that happens when you switch to natural skincare lines and I think that's what I've been the most concerned with. Rosebud, thanks for mentioning about your 16 year old sister as it makes me much more comfortable with switching her to these lines. Being 15, she's incredibly vain so I'm going to have to convince her that in the end this is better.

On a sidenote, the one thing I have going for me here is that the only thing she still will listen to me about is skincare. Everything else in life she thinks she knows more than me Rolling Eyes

Stephanie
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
I would have done anything for my mum to be into skincare Laughing , it has been a long and arduous journey for me!!! Jane Iredale would probably be good for her as well although it could turn out to be expensive Wink
The cleansing milk is OK for taking make-up off but I definatley need to wash my skin afterwards with the Cleansing Cream.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Rosebud, like you I would have appreciated having a mother who would have showed me the ropes regarding skincare. Ironically, I remember my mother using the Shaklee skincare line (I don't know how I remember that Shock ) which I now know was a natural line. It's been a long (and expensive) journey for me as well, but it seems to be paying off now as I get older.

I've actually been trying to convince my daughter to use mineral makeup and she just won't budge on that. She does wear her makeup in a nice way, but it has to be the liquid foundation from the drugstore like her friends Rolling Eyes I'm hoping that one night she'll want to play with my makeup and see that it would look good on her too.

I think the reason the Dr. H cleansing milk is working for me is that I don't wear a lot of makeup. With the JI pressed base, it just doesn't take much for me to achieve a nice even skintone. I'm not sure if the milk will work for my daughter or not, but she is currently using cetaphil which works well for her so she may have to go back to it if the cleansing milk isn't enough.

Stephanie
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I totally agree with rosebud's list of suggestions. I have oily, acne prone skin and Dr. Hauschka has done wonders. I (try to) use all of those products she listed on a regular basis, and when I'm consistent the results are great. I would also suggest using the facial steam bath just before applying the clay mask, I seem to have improved results that way.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
It is too bad about MMU. It is SPF and good for keeping skin clear. Has she looked at some of the Mineral Make up Sites? I know it sounds silly, but just looking at the sites of barefacedminerals or aromoleigh (sp) I want to buy those products. The colours just look so pretty!! I was just going to mention though, you should try to make sure she is using sunscreen everyday!! I know it is hard to convince them of that, but in the future, she will thank you for it. If all else fails, you could bribe her. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:23 am      Reply with quote
I have a daughter of 12y old,recently I found the acne on her face and blackhead on the nose. Surprised

I confused that I don't know how to choose cleanser and skincare for her.the safetey is my considerning. Smile

Anyone can share your experience?thanks! Smile
beautydream
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:27 am      Reply with quote
Can She use the soap bar on the face? L'occitane organic soap or cold cream soap? Smile

Whether it's too early for her to use Dr.H?

Thanks! Smile
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:04 am      Reply with quote
I would think that a natural skin care line would work really great for teen skin. There are a lot of tempting skin care ads out there aimed at teens that contain really harsh and harmful ingredients, so anything to get them going in the right direction early is a huge plus.

I would start with a good cleanser and a gentle exfoliant and go from there. She probably does not need too many products at this point but she may want to experiment a bit with the fun stuff...

Good luck and take care.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:02 am      Reply with quote
I had good results with tea tree oil products (from the Body Shop and Thursday Plantation) as a topical blemish treatment. I think teenagers with mild break-outs can try them too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:55 am      Reply with quote
Back when I had some acne problems Dr H helped me a great deal...I loved the cleansing cream and the clay mask, especially.
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:06 am      Reply with quote
My 13 year old has tried clearasil, neutrogena, benzoyl peroxide, suplur based creams, salicylic acid gels and all they did was dry his skin out really badly. He developed a rash with teh neutrogena. My sister gave him PSF acne mud to try and it has been fabulous to the point where he has asked me to order it for him thru EDS, hence my registering! To cleanse he has been using MD skincare all in one cleanser and toner, I also ordered the dermalogica medicated cleanser for him. My main concern is that he won't moisturize. I think it's pretty good that I have managed to get him to try so many things though. i am trying very hard to steer away from drugs and skin care with too many chemicals in case his skin gets too dry.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |