Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
I'm Back!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everybody,
I'm back from my vacation to Victoria/Vancouver. OMG was it beautiful there! Shock I didn't want to come home! I just have one question though for those of you who live there....how do you take all that sun? I'm from Pittsburgh & we are always cloudy & dreary here...sort of our own SPF. Rolling Eyes I was bathing in sunscreen the whole time we were there & I still got tons of freckles on my nose. Oh well, break out the pumpkin peel! Laughing
All kidding aside, I am so jealous of those of you who live in BC. It was so lovely there I hated to leave. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome back,
So glad you had a great time.

Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:58 am      Reply with quote
Good to have you back Darren! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:55 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad you had good weather Darren. It can really go either way! It is truely the most beautiful place to live, and feel sad every time I have to leave. I hope you had a chance to see everything you wanted!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, I am glad to be back here. Even though I was having a blast, I was going through EDS withdrawl. We did see a lot! We went non-stop. I think my favorite thing was the tidal pools at Botanical Beach. There were sea urchins, starfish, & anemonies that had washed up in the tidal pools...beautiful!
Vancouver was nice too. We only had one day there though. Sad But it was fun because they had a huge gay pride parade that day. It was one of the biggest parades I'd ever seen! It was funny to see the police & fire department in it too. Even the Minister of Finance rode in the parade. That would never happen in the states! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Glad you had a wonderful time Darren. I have never visited Victoria. Next on my list. Smile

Welcome back,
Winnie
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome back, Darren! I'm glad you enjoyed our fine province! My brother lives in Courteny and I'm off to visit in Sept. We can't wait, we all (especially our little guy) love the ocean!

I must say, the coast is just the tip of iceberg as far as beautiful places to visit in BC! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Darren, glad you had a great time - I've been to Canada twice; first time was on my honeymoon, we did the classic tour route - starting in Vancouver, doing Medicine Hat, Banff, Victoria etc - it was fantastic we went back a year later worked on a ranch outside Calgary (a real one not a holiday one!) and then took the train for the three days through to Vancouver - absolutely fabulous country - love it. So glad you had a great time too!! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:22 am      Reply with quote
hi, i'm new, but sounds like you had a nice vacation! I've heard really great things about Vancouver in particular!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Good that your back Very Happy Glad you had a good time

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi Darren!
So glad you had such a good time. To answer your question about the sun...well you have to be here in the winter to understand. You see our summers are beautiful but our winters are quite dark, rainy and long. So when summer comes, we try to soak up every single second of sunshine. You picked a good time to come as well, great weather. I was up in Courtenay on Vancouver Island this past week myself.

Tell us, did you get to have tea at the Empress? Or try the sushi? What else did you see and do? I completely forgot to tell you about the gay pride parade but I'm glad you got there. Great isn't it? Every year it gets bigger and bigger. We are so lucky to live in such a terrific city. Last night I was down at the fireworks looking out over the water and all the boats and the city all lit up. This has to be one of the most fabulous city's to live in. We are very lucky here!
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Dianne,
We had a great time! Didn't get to have tea at the Empress (not enough time!), but we went whale watching instead. (very cool!) I did go to Tojo's for sushi. It was verygood. Probably the best I've every had! Went to the Craigdarroch Castle - loved it! Georgeous things up in there! We went to that beach in Parksville (?) where you can walk 100 feet out into the water & it is only up to your knees. It was all just so beautiful! I could move there in a heartbeat!

Thanks to everyone for the tips on where to go & what to do - it really helped a lot!

Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |