Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Anyone tried LIP-INK?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered up this supposivly natural and semi-permanent lip-ink from lip-ink.com ...has anyone else tried their products? Very Happy
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I've never heard of lip ink -- how long is it supposed to last for?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have used and like Lip Ink very much. Getting the right color is the key. My favorite is Nude and Rosewood. I find these two colors are very natural. It is very important that you use their gloss on top of the Lip Ink to keep your lips moisturized.

If I apply three coats of Lip Ink it last all day. Some find it drying (I never had that problem).
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info Winnie! I'm glad cause I ordered it in nude Very Happy Did you see an ingredients list anywhere? Is it on the packaging?

Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:32 am      Reply with quote
I have owned Lip Ink in two shades and I returned both of them to Sephora for a refund. First of all, they are extremely drying, I mean EXTREMELY drying. I’m someone who keeps her pucker in tip-top shape and constantly reapplies lip gloss or lip balm when necessary to make sure my lips never get dry or chapped, but even if I layer my most hydrating balm or gloss over the LipInk, my lips still got that dry, scratchy sort of feeling.

If that’s not bad enough, the LipInks don’t wear off evenly, so you’re left with bare lips and a darker ring around the perimeter of your mouth. The product’s design pisses me off because every time I wanted to use it, I’d have to go and run the applicator tip under hot water to “prime” it. And this isn’t an isolated incident because Stila’s Lip Rouge has the same type of sponge-tip applicator where you press it really hard against a surface to get the stain flowing, and I had the same problems with the Stila as I had with the Lip Ink. It’s just not very user friendly.

My lip stain holy grail are the ones from Vincent Longo (click here: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P12674&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5318). They’re long lasting, don’t dry out your lips, and they come in little tubes with an applicator sponge-tipped wand, like a tube of lip gloss. You can apply it as sheerly or as heavily as you desire so you can control whether the color appears really dramatically to barely-there Y-L-B-B subtle. If anyone ever asks me for a recommendation for the best lip stain on the market, this is the one I’d name without hesitation!

Here’s some detailed product info on the VL lip stains that I posted a couple months back:

carekate wrote:
For 'everyday' use, it's Vincent Longo lip & cheek gel stain thingy in "Liquid Kiss" which looks cherry red in the tube but imparts a slight, sheer red color to my lips (i.e.: the "bee-stung" look), although if you apply it with a more heavy hand, you can actually get Marilyn Monroe "screen siren" red lips. Unless I'm actually wearing a red outfit, I just apply "Liquid Kiss" in a very thin layer, wait for it to dry (about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes), then apply my Orgasm gloss. This makes the Orgasm gloss appear more pink-toned (i.e.: the "glow" from the Orgasm gloss appears as a Y-L-B-B color -- go read my product review of the Orgasm gloss so you'll understand what I mean by "glow").

When I want my Orgasm gloss to appear more peachy-toned, then I use VL lip/cheek gel in "Cupid's Breath" (looks orangy-red in the tube) which imparts a *warmer* slight, sheer red color to my lips. All the VL lip/cheek gels can be applied more heavily to give deeper/darker results...the key is to let the gel dry thoroughly before you put your lipstick, gloss, or balm on top of it.

I also have VL lip/cheek gel in "Baby Boo" (looks bright fuschia in the tube), but I don't use this one quite as often as the color when applied sheerly is a little too bright of a bubblegum pink for my tastes....

There are two other VL lip/gel shades, one of which (who's name I can't remember) looks berry-purple in the tube but imparts a sheer berry color to lips. The other shade is called "Neo Aura" and it looks orange-ish/brown in the tube and doesn't look much better when applied to your lips!! Definitely not a shade I would recommend, except maybe to Diantha-the-spammer!!! Wink Bad Grin

And there’s a little more info here on this thread:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6063&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=vincent+longo

HTH,
Carrie

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Carecate...do you have the ingredients to VL lip stain on the packaging? I've been trying to find the ingredients online without any luck... Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Vincent Longo Gel Stain
For Lips and Cheeks, Liquid Kiss or Cupid's Breath - .25 oz our price: $25.00 Each

• Hypoallergenic
• Cruelty-Free
• Made in Italy

Exclusively Vincent Longo New York -

Ingredients:
------------------------
Water, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium EDTA, Ethyl Vanillin, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77891, CI 77492, CI 77499), FD&C Blue 1 Aluminum Lake (CI 42090:2), FD&C Blue 1 (CI 42090), D&C Red 6 (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Calcium Lake (CI 15850:1), FD&C Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 6 (CI 15985), D&C Red 21 Aluminum Lake (CI 45380:3), D&C Red 27 Aluminum Lake (CI 45410:2), Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140:1), FD&C Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), D&C Red 36 (CI 12085), D&C Orange 5 (CI 45370:1), D&C Yellow 10 Aluminum Lake (CI 47005:1), D&C Red 30 (CI 73360), D&C Red 33 (CI 17200)

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:39 am      Reply with quote
OK, I got the Lip-Ink... which I'm returning after using it only once! It completely stung and irritated my lips, I can't get it off (which I guess would be a good thing, if the color would not end up looking so horrible) and my man just asked me if I'm having a "bad lipstick day" Shock

So I followed Carecate's advice and ordered the VL lipstain instead... It can't be worse then this! Very Happy
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Carecate! The Vincent Longo lip/cheek stain is awsome!!! (the lip-(st)ink is in a return envelope after having a breakout from it for 2 days Sad )

Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:24 am      Reply with quote
happyhippie wrote:
Thanks Carecate! The Vincent Longo lip/cheek stain is awsome!!!
Glad it worked out for you! Which color did you end up chosing? Liquid Kiss is the one lipstain that every woman should own!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:26 am      Reply with quote
I got Cupid's Breath... really nice and natural! I like it alot on my cheeks too, gives a longer lasting blush Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Cupid’s Breath is actually my fave too, because I like to wear “warmer” colors on my lips (i.e.: for the past five years I’ve been searching for the ultimate orange and/or peachy-coral lipstick), so I like the fact that I can use CB as a base color to help my pink lip glosses appear more peachy, such as the infamous Nars Orgasm Lip Gloss.

But if you’re just looking for a neutral lipstain to give your lips that reddened, bee-stung Y-L-B-B appearance, then Liquid Kiss is the way to go.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |