Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Phat Lips - Anyone used it?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Sorry - yet another lip plumping thread!! Laughing

Saw 'Phat Lips' advertised on Ebay - anyone tried it?

Overall whats the best lip plumper (apart from the supplement route) to get? I'm a bit wary of the ones that have cinnamon or capsicum etc in them.....

Thanks
Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Lucia! I've used the serum. The texture is very light, tastes like nothing at all, it's pleasant to use. I don't know if it works though, it doesn't tingle or feel like it's doing anything. My lips are no plumper after using it for a week or so consistently. To be fair the serum is supposed be long term and gloss is supposed to be immediate and I've not tried the gloss. It doesn't have cinnamon, ginger, clove or peppermint to irritate at all, It feels really comfortable on.

One other thing though, I bought the vial and paid right away. A few days later the seller emailed asking for payment. She eventually found my payment and mailed my serum out. I paid $7 US shipping and she sent it in a small enevelope for a $1 CAD. I understand shipping and handling for supplies and time(I sell on eBay too), but this ticked me off as it was so much more than actual shipping.

All things considered, I will not repurchase.

For further reference I thought I would post the Phat Lips serum listed ingredients, I couldn't find anywhere where the gloss ingredients were listed:

FATTENING SERUM-: Ethylhexyl Palmitate-EmollientTribehenin-Liposomal delivery system component: emollient
Sorbitan Isostearate-Liposomal delivery system component: emulsifier

Palmitoyl Oligopeptide-Proprietary hydration peptide (an oligopeptide is a chain of four or more amino acids)
Seaweed Exract, Distilled water, Hyaluronic acid, Argireline Natural

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:33 am      Reply with quote
If you don't want to try the supplements, and "irritating" plumpers are out, I think your best bet would be LipFusion. It's the best out of all the topical plumpers I've ever tried....

ETA: Just looking at the list of Phat Lip ingredients, I'm not seeing anything in there that would deliver any kind of miraculous results -- and believe me, I've gotten to be an expert at review the topical plumper ingredient lists!! It's basically just another plumper that contains peptides as the magic ingredient to plump up your lips, they're just claiming their product's delivery system is different than all the dozens of other similar products out there....Let me put it this way: every peptide-based topical lip plumper that I've tried -- and remember, the list is long and varied!! -- has not given me any kind of measurable results even when I used them consistently for the 30-day period in which they claimed it would work.

In the beginning of my lip plumper research, I'd simply buy any and all products that claimed they would plump lips as a sort of knee-jerk reaction. Now that I know more about the ingredients and how they work, I'm pretty much able to suppress that reaction and I stop to review the product's list of ingredients before I put the item in my shopping basket because they all appeared to be identical in the promises they made and the ingredients they claimed would give me Angelina lips. So unless the plumper has some type of miraculous new ingredient or claim some amazing new technology, I'm able to walk away and not purchase that item without the slightest tinge of regret. And y'all should know by now that it's not often that I pass up the opportunity to buy a new lip product (see my multiple confessions in the "Product Specific Makeup Fetish" thread) so that should tell you something right there!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:03 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried every one on the market, but I have tried Lip Venom and one other (the name is escaping me) and my vote goes for LipFusion. Also, when I made the purchase at Sephora, the SA said that her customers say that LipFusion is universally the best!! It feels a little numbing when you apply it--but I think it actually works for about 3-4 hours and it's a great gloss, too. PS--I have only used the clear version.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:29 am      Reply with quote
I have to agree with the Lipfusion. For non-irritating, this is the one to get. I find I get more plump with Lip Venom though, but it does sting.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone!!
I think after reading all that (carekate - your knowledge/list of lip plumpers is awesome!! Laughing ) I'm going to have to try the Lipfusion!!
Thanks!
Very Happy

ETA - Where can I get Lipfusion folks? Sephora don't ship internationally Sad Oh and is the coloured version as good as the clear?

Ta!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:14 am      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
ETA - Where can I get Lipfusion folks? Sephora don't ship internationally Sad Oh and is the coloured version as good as the clear?
Usually, unless you can find it on Ebay, EDS members overseas have been getting their LipFusion thru me (I buy it at my local Sephora and ship it to you and you reimburse me via PayPal). So if you need me to get it, PM me with your full name, mailing address, PayPal Account Name and which LipFusion you want (colored or clear).

FYI - the pigment in the colored versions barely shows up, so it really doesn't matter whether you chose colored or clear because the colored ones are basically so subtle that they don't really look any different on your lips than the clear version goes....

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanks carekate!
I'll check out Ebay but otherwise I may have to take advantage of your good nature! Very Happy

Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |