Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Home Hair Care Help
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Shelley01
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Hello all! I need some help/advise for my mom. She has been dyeing her hair blond for years but just recently went through some personal stuff and is no longer able to afford having her hair colored in the salon. She is coloring her hair at home and is not to happy with the results. I love this forum and just knew that you all would be able to give me some advice.

Some background: She is in her 50s so not only does she want to make her brown hair blond but she also wants to get rid of the gray. The dye is turning her hair blond but also leaving a lot of orange/brass in it. In addition, our family has dry hair so coloring it just makes it drier. She does however, have extremely thick hair.

Cheers!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:19 am      Reply with quote
I recommend that your mom pay a visit to your local Sally’s Beauty store. She needs to get the appropriate Wella Color Charm dye/s (she can mix two or more colors to completely customize her final color), a bottle of developer, and these two additives:

• Ardell Red-Gold Corrector: http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/1490/240815 – this product helps cancel out brassiness; and

• Ardell “Gray Magic” Color Additive http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/1480/240900 – this product helps whatever dye one uses to penetrate those stubborn gray hair shafts so that they’ll “take” the color better. Since I’ve been adding this puppy to my Color Charm cocktail, it makes my color penetrate even the most stubborn greys right at my temple which normally don’t accept the color very well.

In addition, while she’s at Sally’s, she needs to buy herself a tub of L’oreal Natures Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing Creme and use this to give herself a deep conditioning treatment at least once per week to help heal any previous damage and just to help keep her hair healthy.

If you click on this link: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=61085#61085, you can find my product review of the Wella Color Charm line, along with helpful hints on getting starting and a list of items you need to buy if you’re using Color Charm for the first time.

If you need any further info, don’t hesitate to PM me with your specific questions.

HTH,
Carrie

ETA - P.S.: I recently began buying Color Charm colorants for my mom and I mix the stuff up for her. After the first time she tried it, she told me that it was the best home dye job that she’d ever had and that the color I blended for her was absolutely perfect!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much Carrie!!! That is a lot of help! You rock!!

Just a side note: My mom is also in Austin....I just recently moved (sad).

Thanks again!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Carrie, would you recommend the L’oreal Natures Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing Creme for non-dyed hair too?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:54 am      Reply with quote
applepie wrote:
Carrie, would you recommend the L’oreal Natures Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing Creme for non-dyed hair too?
It's for hair that is either extremely dry/frizzy, or chemically treated hair that is damaged, so if your hair is dry you can give this stuff a try. The great thing is that they sell little trial size packets of it for about two bucks, and the packet actually has enough product to last thru up to 5 applications because it's very concentrated so you don't have to use very much. So I'd recommend that you buy a trial packet and test it out and see how your hair responds before you commit to buying the full-size tub.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |