Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Calling all Cellcosmet users!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Ok you all are gonna freak, well I did anyways. Laughing

A few months back I ordered a moisturizer from EDS and requested a sample of the much loved Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream. My parcel arrived and I thought I had struck gold (that's how excited I was to get the darn sample). Very Happy
Must say that I am really liking it, but no review as of now. Here's where the OMG comes in.

Tonight I decided to actually READ all the ingredients rather than glance at them and I came across an ingredient called "Hydrolized Fibronectin". Not being familiar at all with this I decided to look it up in my skincare ingredient dictionary (otherwise known as my second bible). Without going into detail about what it does and how it feels on the skin,etc. let me just tell you guys what the last sentence states in the book.....(drum roll please) Wink

Fibronectin is manufactured from ANIMAL BLOOD.

WHAT??? Say again, you have got to be kidding? Umm, what animal?? Ok knuckle head, like it really matters!!
Nope my dear ladies, and gents, that's what my well trusted, handy-dandy ingredient book says.

Ya'll freakin yet??? Surprised

Have to say I still love it and will use it. Sheesh, tell me I'm not nutty. Doubt

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
hiya

i have been looking everywhere for the ingredients of their eye products..

are you able to tell me if it has parabens in it?

(even better, a list of the ingredients)
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:07 am      Reply with quote
Sad that's put me off. It's made from plasma.

That's put me right off. I do have the eye cream but haven't studied the ingredients.

Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:23 am      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
i have been looking everywhere for the ingredients of their eye products..

Here's the list alohagirl posted a while back:
Water, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Fibronectin, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-5 Pentaerythrityl Ether, PEG-8 C12-18 Ester, PPG-25-Laureth-25, Cetyl Alcohol, Fragrance (Perfume), Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Sodium Chloride, Glucose, Methylparaben, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Potassium Hydroxide, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Magnesium Chloride, Ricinoleth-40.

Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:33 am      Reply with quote
You know, maybe if I knew this before I tried the cream then it would have put me off (maybe....maybe not Laughing ) but now that I have tried it I can honestly say that I really don't care and will continue to use it.

I think there are many potentially yucky ingredients that are used in some skincare products. Personally, I don't find broken down blood proteins to be as putting off as, say, placenta cream (many people swear by this). There are also lots of disguisting things in some of the food we eat - eg. blood pudding or just plain old jelly (or anything with gelatin for that matter - jams etc).

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:56 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Mabsy"]

Personally, I don't find broken down blood proteins to be as putting off as, say, placenta cream (many people swear by this).

I cant' fathom the idea of using something with placenta, unless of course it gets rid of all my skin issues. Razz

There are also lots of disguisting things in some of the food we eat - eg. blood pudding or just plain old jelly (or anything with gelatin for that matter - jams etc

What the heck is blood pudding?? EECCK!
I am the type of gal that won't eat ANYTHING that is relatively gross! I was in NY City last weekend and we stopped into a deli type restaruant for a quick bite. I got some fish and rice. Can't remember the name of the rice dish but it has seafood in it. Well lo and behold I'm sifting through the rice and come across the usual, shrimp, scallops, bits of fake lobster AND two small SQUID!! Shock
AAAHH, I immediately freaked and took it out of the rice, tentacles and all. Was sick to my stomach thereafter. Thank God I'm not stranded on an island, I'd starve to death. Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:58 am      Reply with quote
btw. if you haven't noticed, I can't use "quote" very well. Confused

Pls. forgive. I'll try reading the "How To" on EDS over the weekend.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Considering I'm regularly forced socially to eat smoked pigs ears and snouts, not to mention duck tongue hot-pot - can't say it even raises an eyebrow - I'm still a user - oink

(apologies to any vegetarians)
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:44 am      Reply with quote
I say, in relation to the cellcosmet, that what you don't know wont hurt you! Or ignorance is bliss. Very Happy

I am using the cellcosmet sample now and even after reading this post, it still doesn't make any difference to me, I am sure there is alot that i use with icky things in them. Also alot of what I eat I might think twice about if I actually knew what was in it. Confused

I am recalling a time when my gradmother made a "lamb or chicken stew" which was actually rabbit (which she failed to mention just to make us all eat it- which we did), and the time that mum thought she was biting on a peice of chocolate in a home-made milkshake that was actually a cockroach!!! Laughing
Mabsy

Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:34 am      Reply with quote
I've split this thread into two and the rest of the cockroach (+ related yucky stuff) discussion is sitting in The Lounge with an appropriate topic Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Can users tell me how long have you been using it and did anyone experience pimples from this eye contour cream?
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the sample "off and on" for about 3 mos. Alittle goes a long way and I don't use it daily. I've had no troubles with any milia around my eyes from the cream. I really do love this eye cream. Very Happy I can't say I've seen any decrease in fine lines, but keep in mind I don't use it daily. It is light enough that you can place alittle tab on your eye lid. The texture is lovely. It is definately one to splurge on IMHO. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, do you intend to buy the contour cream?
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Skincare,

I would buy it today if I had the extra $$$. I am searching for an online site that will let me purchase a sample size. Otherwise I am hoping Santa will bring me some for Xmas. Wink Very Happy
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Ok Smile

I will try my sample after I use up my Cellcosmet eye gel.

If anyone else would like to share with me their comments or questions, please contact me.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |