Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
My facial.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
OK yesterday I went for my facial. It went quite well. Though it had tobe tweaked a little along the way. I will tell you how and why.

When I arrived, the spa owner explained that the (she and the beautician) have been discussing my facial last evening after I called to confirm and thought that it would be best to give a Cellcosmet facial all-over except my jaw-line where i break out all the time and still had some remnants from tha last assault. There she said she will use some professional anti-acne stuff(in place of the massage and mask). And that it could be too rich for that area. I agreed as I dont want any more acne and i too was scared that massage with a rich cream might give me a lot of them.

I went in got changed and we started...she cleansed my face with the gel cleanser...toned and put the Activator gel and toned again...then she scrubbed, let it on while steamed my face for a few minutes. then started extracting(She had asked me beforehand wheather i wanted any extraction) She had soft hand and it took quite some time and then she excused herself and went to talk to the owner. Owner came and explained that I had more clogged pores and active acne than she expected and that it will be better if I left out the massage and mask totally except the eye area and did the anti-acne serums instead. I really felt she knew her stuff and agreed. They brought in some kind of light which helps with wound healing and flashed it on my face for some time. Then applied a layer of serum and washed it off in a few minutes, dried a little and put another layer of serum . I complained of tingling and she asked many times wheather it was too much but it was bearable and i just wanted to scratch.She waited a ,maybe 5 minutes and washed it off. gave me a superb eye-massage(i really felt sleepy and my sleep is quite picky) put on a maskand let me be...then came back and gave a neck and shoulder massage, wiped with warm towel and I was done. All of this took an hour and a half. later she told me not to use anything on my face at night. I just wiped my face with a cotton pad soaked in distilled water. She had said it might feel dry...but that it is supposed to.

She said if I like the result, i can come back for weekly facials for a few weeks and that she felt very confident that it will get rid of the breakout since my problem is really mild and then I can go on to full-fledged cellcosmet facials on a monthly basis.

I really think it has worked somewhat...i have no new breakout and the one i had really have healed, only a few faint red marks frm extractions. And if it stays this way i will certainly go in a weeks time.
sorry it was so long but I had a facial after a long time and i was excited Laughing
Puja
lenny9
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Glad that your facial seemed to work for you and that you were pleased.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Sounds awesome Drool It is time that I go and treat myself to a facial.
sats
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:14 am      Reply with quote
that sounds wonderful!I need to get one too but am very sceptical about choosing an easthetician.all those ppl who end up breaking out scare me to no end.am glad urs went well.How did u choose them,btw?
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Yes winnie...it reminded me how pampering it is!
Sats, i didnt have to choose(thank god)...i went to the spa for some samples, we really clicked and so i decided to give a try!...if I had to choose ...well, i will be going around for months like crazy without a facial Rolling Eyes
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Good for you Mithia, be sure not to leave it too long before you let yourself be pampered again... Very Happy
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, that sounds great mithai! If you stay breakout free then definitely go back. It so hard to find a good beautician - this one sounds like a keeper! Very Happy
Mabsy

Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:02 am      Reply with quote
Glad you had such a good experience Mithai. The ladies sounds like they knew what they were doing!

The idea of a Cellcosmet facial makes me weak at the knees... Laughing I hope you'll let us know how it was if you go back and get a full one done!
A.T
5% products discount

Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi Puja wave
Glad ur facial went so nice. I also have same skin problems and I live in Hong Kong so i would love to know bout the name of the spa as well as their charges for this facial.
Pooja as i am new in HK,it would be great if u could recommend a good place for eyebrows threading as well.
Thanx
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |