Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Can actives really reach the deeper layers of skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Brazilian girl
5% products discount

Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I've read an article about skin care saying that no actives can actually reach the deeper layers of skin and for that reason they can't reduce lines and wrinkles. What do you think about that? If that's true there's nothing we can do about aging, unless we have tons of money for botox or a plastic surgery. Please clarify this doubt of mine!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:22 am      Reply with quote
That is partially true. Actives applied alone topically will have a hard time reaching the deeper layers of your skin. But if the product is formulated with a good delivery agent, or combined with other ingredients to aid in absorption, then penetration should not be that big of an issue. It also depends on the type of active. Some are more easily absorbed an others. Smaller molecules will penetrate deeper, whereas larger molecules will not. Again, this is where research & development comes in. Those of you DIY'ers who have tried to make your own products know what I'm talking about. It might have turned out OK, but did you really get the results you were hoping for? Probably not. This isn't your fault, it's just that there are so many aspects to formulating a proliferative product. You have to take into account everything - from pH to oxidation caused by the combination of poorly researched ingredients.
Now, I'm not saying that a well developed product will give the same results as plastic surgery (obviously), but using active preparations in a treatment regimen that supports all the needs of aging skin should give visible (though not drastic) results. Also, prevention is of great concern here as well. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not looking for a "quick fix". I want a treatment protocol that not only improves the present condition of my skin, but also one that has sufficient qualities that it can slow down the natural aging timeline of the skin. Let's face it, unless you are Joan Rivers, we all are going to age. I just want to look fabulous while doing it! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:09 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to add a little to the previous post. There are a few things you can do to help your skincare products work better and reach deeper into your skin. 1.) exfoliate regularly, both chemical (AHAs) and physical 2.) use oxygenating products such as O2 serums and masks 3.)consider using prescription exfoliants such as retin A.
Brazilian girl
5% products discount

Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for answering. Have a great skin day!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
abejita is totally correct. I was so engrossed in the whole bioavailibility issue of the actives themselves, that I overlooked some common sense! Laughing Exfoliation does result in a deeper penetration due to the disruption of the stratum corneum. Also certain oxygen treatments do act as a delivery agent for other actives to force them deeper into the skin. Just be sure that it is a stabilized oxygen product so as not to introduce more free radicals into the skin.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |