Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
EyeCurl
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Medusa
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:31 am      Reply with quote
Hello ladies,

How are you all? I haven't been here for quite a while due to my killing study schedule. I miss those lazy days I spend uncounted hours at EDS-forum Embarassed.

Anyway, I got a heated EyeCurl from a friend and I have done many tricks with it but I can't seem to get anything which is close to curled eyelashes Crying or Very sad .

Can someone help me please? Where exactly do you put the curler on the eyelashes, how long to keep the EyCurl on the lashes to curl and what type of mascara works best?

Many thanks in advance,
Medusa
Mabsy

Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Good to see you back on here Medusa! I hope the study is going well....

I don't have an EyeCurl but a number of members here have used it and should be able to help you. I do have a ModelCo curler which is similar though. I concentrate the heat on the bottom of the lashes (bending them backwards toward the eyelid with the pressure of the curler) to give them that "lift" effect. I then very slowly sweep it across the length of the lashes as well (while still pushing them towards the eyelid). I think the amount of time required will depend on your lashes and how straight and stubborn/thick they usually are.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:35 am      Reply with quote
I used to be a proud owner of an EyeCurl and raved about it to anyone who would listen, but sadly that time has past....

Anyway, the most important thing to remember about the EyeCurl or the ModelCo Lash Wand is that you use them AFTER you apply your mascara (and wait for it to dry)!! I can’t really recommend which mascara is *best* for use with either, but I *can* tell you that you should NOT use a mascara like Blinc Kiss Me or Mirenesse Secret Weapon (the ones that form “lash tubes” around your lashes and can be removed simply by rubbing your eyes with warm water). These type of mascaras melt and get all over heating elements of your heated lash curlers and it’s next to impossible to remove, even when you use the little cleaning brush that comes with the curler. In addition to ruining your heated lash curler, that type of mascara makes a helluva mess with your lashes when you try to curl them because the heated lash curler also melts the mascara “tubes” on your lashes and makes them clump together and stuff. Trust me on this, because that’s actually how I ruined my very first EyeCurl when I used it with my (crappy) Mirenesse mascara!!

So basically, any other type of mascara is a much better choice for use with a heated curler like EyeCurl or LashWand. Just make sure you wait long enough for the mascara to dry properly before you use the heated curler.

HTH,
Carrie

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:45 am      Reply with quote
I use mine like Mabsy described.
as an aside - has anyone else found that the batteries last only about a week with daily use or is it just me?!?!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:47 am      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
as an aside - has anyone else found that the batteries last only about a week with daily use or is it just me?!?!
No, it's not just you -- you're LUCKY if you can get a week's worth of use out of it!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Phew - thought I was doing something wrong!
Laughing

Maybe I'll have to invest in rechargeable batteries and charger!! Costing an arm and a leg!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Tell me about it! I got to the point where I just use the cheapest batteries I can find because it doesn’t matter if you use generic batteries or Duracell or Energizer batteries, none of them last very long in the heated curlers. Thankfully, I discovered that Walmart sells an 8-pak of “Rayovac” batteries for $1.99....

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Thats a bargain!! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Wow...it must really use up batteries to go through them that quickly!
Medusa
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:11 am      Reply with quote
Uhmmm.... well, I did try all the tips & tricks and I came to the conclusion: it sucks!

Apart from the battery story, which consumes so much energy, I simply can not get the curl I was promised. Brick wall

Medusa
Moussey

Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:42 am      Reply with quote
I've tried loads of eyelash curlers, even bought the Tarte ones on a members recommendation and I still have the problem of my lashes curling inwards and not outwards, which is what I want, I've tried different ways of holding and clamping with the curlers, but still get the same effect, perhaps I just have stubborn lashes! Anyone any thoughts? :( :(

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |