Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eye puffyness
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
NancyL

Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi:
I just returned from vacationing in Paris and discovered the Thalgo spa...I purchased the Wrinkle Control Smoothing Programme and the Revitalising Eye Contour Cream...I have been using it at night. I am still using my old creams in the morning...The past two mornings I have noticed puffyness around my eyes...I have also noticed that many of my tiny wrinkles are disapearing I use the wrinkle cream all over my face and the eye cream around my eyes..Am I allergic to the product? I hope not, it really makes my skin very soft and wrinkles are disappearing...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:52 am      Reply with quote
If you are just getting the puffiness around your eyes, perhaps you are simply applying too much eye cream. Try applying half of what you are applying now. It is probably all you need, and it will save you on product. Wink

If it continues, I would discontinue for a bit, and then try again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:13 am      Reply with quote
I would guess that you are not allergic to it...I agree that you might be using too much - or applying it inside of the orbital bone...Do you have allergies? Maybe that's the problem... Not sleeping enough (or too much) might also be a contributing factor....I'd start by using less and making sure that you are applying it only along the orbital bone and not inside towards the lashline.
Good luck!
Pudoodles
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Embarassed I always apply inside the orbital bone. That is where I have some fine lines...how should we target those lines right under our lashes if we don't apply cream there?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:38 am      Reply with quote
faith wrote:
Embarassed I always apply inside the orbital bone. That is where I have some fine lines...how should we target those lines right under our lashes if we don't apply cream there?

I know what you mean Confused ...*usually* companies note in the instructions not to put eye cream on the inside of the orbital bone...*apparently* the cream will migrate automatically to that inner area if you put it just on the orbital bone(?)...I just think they say that because the primary ingredient is water and since the skin on the concave area on the inside of the orbital bone is so thin - it puffs up easily - and water is a wonderful facilitator for that... Shock POOF! Two products that I've used with great success for firmness and decreased lining are Alpha Derma CE and the Decleor Hydrotenseur....these two products are great and don't migrate into the eyes - even if you put the product on the inside of the O-bone....
Good Luck!
Pudoodles Very Happy
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Pudoodles! A few people have mention the Decleor recently....maybe that should be my next eyecream purchase.

Nancy: this where to/where not to apply conversation reminded me. Applying to your eyelid will increase puffiness too. I apply to my eyelids sometimes and don't have a problem, but it can make puffiness on some people. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi NancyL, my personal experience backs up what Faith and Pudoodles are saying. I find that if I use too much eye cream before bed the next morning my eyes are puffy. It might have something to do with the heaviness of the product. The skin around the eyes is more fragile than the rest of the face. Could the heavy creams be "pulling" on the skin? Dunno. But lighter formulations like gels and serums never give me puffy eyes.

Perhaps if you posted the ingredients someone knowledgeable on this forum could give more info.
Mabsy

Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:19 am      Reply with quote
Generally eye creams are not supposed to be used on the eye lids. Some people have no problems with using eye creams all over the eye area but for many people using the eye cream on the lids will cause puffyness. So far I think Cellcosmet is the only cream that I have seen that actually states that it is fine to be used on eye lids. Using creams that are too heavy can also cause puffyness (or so I have found).

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Generally eye creams are not supposed to be used on the eye lids. Some people have no problems with using eye creams all over the eye area but for many people using the eye cream on the lids will cause puffyness. So far I think Cellcosmet is the only cream that I have seen that actually states that it is fine to be used on eye lids. Using creams that are too heavy can also cause puffyness (or so I have found).

I know that people think the Cellcosmet is too expensive (actually, per ounce it really isn't..)and I know that it is often an "either/or" product in terms of how satisfied people are with it - but when it works for you - WOW, does it ever work out....my eyes NEVER puff when I use it - and I use it on the lid at night, too...
Pudoodles
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Tea compresses help me when my eyes get puffy from applying something I shouldn;t have. What are the ingredients of your eye cream?
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:32 am      Reply with quote
The cellcosmet is amazingly expensive per ounce ($135-178 per .5 to 1 oz!!!). They do not list ingredients but have some secret freeze dried cell ingredient. First freeze drying cells is cheap and second there is absolutely no indication that these cells could be "taken up" by growing skin. These creams likely have the same good ingredients of most of the reputable brands but have a gimick that allows them to charge a huge amount of money.
NancyL

Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
Thank you for your input.. I tried putting less on at night but in the morning my eyes were still puffy..I then discontinued the eye cream, but continued to use the Thalgo wrinkle control cream and cleanser...the next morning my eyes were still puffy...so the next evening I didn't use the wrinkle control cream but only used the cleanser...Guess what...the next morning my eyes were still puffy...So I went back to my orginal creams at night and the puffyness went away..So am I allergic to the Thalgo products? Is there something in the products that affect my skin in this way?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
The cellcosmet is amazingly expensive per ounce ($135-178 per .5 to 1 oz!!!). They do not list ingredients but have some secret freeze dried cell ingredient. First freeze drying cells is cheap and second there is absolutely no indication that these cells could be "taken up" by growing skin. These creams likely have the same good ingredients of most of the reputable brands but have a gimick that allows them to charge a huge amount of money.

I know it isn't exactly "inexpensive" but there sure are alot of companies out there that will easily charge $100 for 1/2 an ounce of eye treatment...while the Cellcosmet is a bit more expensive per ounce than alot of the high-end brands (it's $215 cdn per ounce here at EDS) - for those of us who get fantastic results from it - it sure is worth it -- I feel lucky to have found something that I can just *buy*; and know that I'll get the results I want - instead of doling out the dollars associated with the "trial and error madness" that I'm used to! Laughing Mind you, I'd toss in the Cellcosmet towel in a New York second for a less expensive equal!! Laughing Laughing
Pudoodles
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Try to get a sample of the ALphaderma Okusil and Cellosmet...that way you can see what works on your skin. I prefer gels/serums like Okusil since they won't puff my eye-area. Very Happy
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:15 am      Reply with quote
I swear by Re Vive eye renwal and yes you can put it on your eyelids.
NancyL

Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:01 am      Reply with quote
I am going to order a different eye cream, plus a face cream and cleanser...What products do think I should try? And where can I get samples?

Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Hauschka Sensitive Care Conditioner (1 ml x 50 Amps) Go Smile On The Go Sonic Blue Smart Brush Whitening Kit - White Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |