Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DDF 10% Glycolic toner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the DDF 10% Glycolic toner? I just ordered it after reading some things about glycolic acid and some good reviews about it on the net...but of course I trust my beloved EDS members more Very Happy
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:09 am      Reply with quote
I am using the DDF 18% skin cream. I like the texture. I'm using it on my neck, hands and elbows. I think it is making them smoother. I have not used the toner.
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
i use it, it's something i reorder everytime. but maybe a little harsh on sensitive skin.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:29 am      Reply with quote
If anyone is using or conisdering ordering DDF 10% Glycolic Toner, now is the time to buy. Someone working at EDS reported on MUA that the 5 and 10% Glycolic Toners have been discontinued by DDF and no replacements have been named. As far as I know, EDS is the only place you can still find the 10%. The 5% is all gone.

I'm considering the new PTR Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Correction Pads which have 10% Glycolic, 2% BHA and 46% alcohol. The PTR Gentle Complexion Pads have 10% Glycolic, .5 BHA and 23% Alcohol(I think).

-Cheri
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Just a quick question about these formulations. They both have a rather high percentage of alcohol in them ... and I thought alcohol in skin preps was something to avoid. Am I wrong in this? Or does the alcohol enhance the glycolic and/or BHA's?

Thanks

Mary
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
I did not know that it is discontinued? I went to Sephora the other day and they said the are waiting for the shippment, but that it's backordered from the factory. I can't find it on any other website in stock either...(it's more expensive on EDS, so I've been avoiding ordering it from here). But if they are not going to make it anymore, it makes me wonder if they are comming out with a better one, or, why are they discontinuing a product that is so popular- is there something wrong with it? Hmmm...

I really want to try this product...anyone know what is happening?

Very Happy
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
hpjrt wrote:
Just a quick question about these formulations. They both have a rather high percentage of alcohol in them ... and I thought alcohol in skin preps was something to avoid. Am I wrong in this? Or does the alcohol enhance the glycolic and/or BHA's?

Thanks

Mary

An alcohol or glycolic toner will increase effectiveness of a retinoid. This is NOT for new users of retinoids though. I've been using rx Tazorac cream for quite some time, so my skin had become so accustomed to it that I had no irritation whatsoever anymore. So I suppose the alcohol does enhance the penetration. My derm said it was ok to use this way. I'll probably just get the tazorac gel next time since it's in an alcohol base anyway.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
happyhippie wrote:
I did not know that it is discontinued? I went to Sephora the other day and they said the are waiting for the shippment, but that it's backordered from the factory. I can't find it on any other website in stock either...(it's more expensive on EDS, so I've been avoiding ordering it from here). But if they are not going to make it anymore, it makes me wonder if they are comming out with a better one, or, why are they discontinuing a product that is so popular- is there something wrong with it? Hmmm...

I really want to try this product...anyone know what is happening?Very Happy

Hi hippie! Here's the link to the MUA post concerning the DDF glycolic toners:

http://www.makeupalley.com/board/m.asp?id=27013421&keywords=ddf

They're probably coming out with something better since it was such a popular item.

-Cheri
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:17 am      Reply with quote
DDF is re-inventing most of the line and most of the old fav's are either not being made or coming out as something new, I was just at the DDF counter @ Nordstrom and was told that,
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:03 am      Reply with quote
HI
I have oily and coggested skin, I am using DDF 10% Glycolic toner for 3 days so far, I found I got more pimples then before, does anyone had same reaction like me? should i still keep using it? Please give some suggestion!!!
ineedavacation

Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
This is one item that I purchase over and over. I believe it increases the effectiveness of my other treatments. My skin is not at all sensitive....but yet I find myself only using this about 2 times a week...otherwise I feel too dry.

Actually, I should mention I love a lot of the DDF. They make a glycolic cleanser that's nice. And they make a brightening cleanser that I repurchase over and over also.

Deb
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:40 am      Reply with quote
I haven't used DDF's 10% Glycolic Toner but I did use DDF's 10% Glycolic Pads back in Spring 2005 and for some time. I really liked them, but then they were discontinued shortly thereafter.

I now have been using Peter Thomas Roth's Max Correction Complexion (10% Glycolic) Pads, but I don't like the fact that they have a high percentage of the alcohol (46%) in the pads. I use them every few days, but find it can be drying. Darn that alcohol!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
I got the B.Kamins 8% glycolic solution as a free gift from EDS -- they have a 10% as well. It burned a bit (I use retinoids) but over seemed nice...I passed it on though on MUA becuse I don't think my skin could handle it.
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
i bought 5 bottles last time, i'm still using it Laughing
it's a great product, but definitely not for sensitive skin. i use it after coming home, it serves as a good wake me up and cleansing without having to wash my face. it doesn't break me out, it's supposed to help increase skin turnover so perhaps the initial phase of using it you will get some pimples because it's bringing the bad stuff from under your skin.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:15 am      Reply with quote
I'm lemming their Glycolic Body Lotion .. Anyone here use this? Very Happy
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:12 am      Reply with quote
I heard alcohol will cause pigment, is that ture?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:51 am      Reply with quote
are any of you ladies still using this? I've been thinking of changing toner's (currently using Thayer's alchol free Rosewater and Witch Hazel)...

My only concern is the alcohol...anyone experience drying?
Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
phredd4 wrote:
If anyone is using or conisdering ordering DDF 10% Glycolic Toner, now is the time to buy. Someone working at EDS reported on MUA that the 5 and 10% Glycolic Toners have been discontinued by DDF and no replacements have been named. As far as I know, EDS is the only place you can still find the 10%. The 5% is all gone.

I'm considering the new PTR Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Correction Pads which have 10% Glycolic, 2% BHA and 46% alcohol. The PTR Gentle Complexion Pads have 10% Glycolic, .5 BHA and 23% Alcohol(I think).

-Cheri

I have the toner pads and love them!! It is high octane though, I use them on breakouts
twdollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
is using the 10% glycolic or the pads better for acne prone/sensitive/oily/dehydrated skin??

(haha omg i have so many problems)
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have not tried DDF 10% Glycolic toner or face cream,but I am now using DDF 10% Glycolic body lotion. Wow......it's so great. Very Happy
Kissmark
5% products discount

Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:49 am      Reply with quote
this is an effective toner but it is very harsh. i cant use it for more than once or twice a day. now my dh is hooked on it and uses it sometimes too.
milkcoffee
5% products discount

Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
I am interested in this product, I heard that good results,really? Rolling Eyes
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
This product is still very popular...now with the name 10% Glycolic toning complex. They add some soothing ingredients such as chamollian extract to it so that it may not be so harsh. But it is still not a product for sensitive skin.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I have tried a lot of DDF products, but I do not like the toner.....it seems not be different with other brands' toner.
I think the best product of DDF is its sunscreens....so cheap.....although it's not easy to apply.
Besides, the DDF Glossy Lip Treatment is also cool~I have tried one sample from EDS, and is still hesitate if to buy it in the next summer.
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
I heard this is a great products which could help get rid of blackheads..very interested in it.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |