Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Using sunscreen....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
EliteBlondSociety
5% products discount

Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Is it necessary for someone like me who wants to be whiter to wear sunscreen indoors too? I get the feeling that the sun rays are could affact you through the windows etc. anybody know about that?

PS. Does diluting lemon juice with water to make it easier on the skin reduce it's effectiveness?

Thanks, Brandt
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Brandt, I really do think we should wear sunscreen indoors as well. I have a sunny family room, even in the winter, so I wear it all day.

I don't know anything about lemon juice other than my mom used to put it in her hair then go into the sun to bleach it! It dried it out to an awful mess though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Have you read the monster 14-page Shock sunscreen thread? There was some discussion there about your concern. UVA, the spectrum that causes aging (pigmentation & wrinkles) can penetrate glass. I'm not sure UVB, the spectrum that causes tanning/burning, can do the same. But if you spend a lot of time near windows its a safer bet to wear sunscreen indoors. Consider also that light can deflect off surfaces so even when you are not in direct sun you are still exposed to some extent.

Here's the sunscreen thread -
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6346&highlight=sunscreeners
HTH

5% products discount

Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I had a feeling about that. Thanks. I'll be sure to wear 60+ SPF sunscreen all day, in or outdoors.

Also, you don't know about a good eye cream with sun protection? Often, I rub my sunscreen close to my eyes and they usually irritate them. Man, that hurts.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
I find the physical blocks (with titanium and zinc) don't sting my eyes the chemical ones (with Parsol and Mexoryl, etc) do sting. I use Avene SPF 25 Lait/Lotion under my eyes currently, it's a physical block that doesn't sting or make my eyes water.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
See, i spend most of my time in my room...and i have very thick sheets over the window...pure darkness. My mom likes to keep everything really open, so i just cover myself up and dont come out by the windows until i have sun protection. I've became even more sun sensitive though since avoiding light as much as i do...makes my eyes hurt Doubt

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:38 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to remind you all that although I believe wholeheartedly that suncream is essential to protect your skin, blocking yourself away from any sunlight is not a good thing. Shock

Sunlight is required for Vit D formation that occurs in the skin, and if you've ever heard of seasonal affective disorder, then you might know that it's primarily due to an over production or accumulation of melatonin (or melanin, I can never remember) that sunlight would usually convert to vit d. See its not always bad. Smile

Just a friendly reminder not to hate sunlight all together. Wink
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:25 am      Reply with quote
I agree with you, but i get enough sunlight as it is from driving and days when i go to the park. Also, the reason my room is shaded is because if i don't, i wont be able to sleep a full 8 hours without being blinded by light. That was the essential reason for doing so...hehe. Some people are fanatical though...i just hate standing directly in the sun. If i dont burn..i blotch up, and that isnt healthy in my opinion.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Never thought about getting UV rays while indoors! Guess it never hurts to be prepared...
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |