Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Yikes! Ponds skincare in Australia.... no more!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:20 am      Reply with quote
Mariav posted a review of a Ponds eye makeup remover and as I am running low on the Body Shop one I thought I'd go and track this down. I went to no less than SEVEN shops that used to stock the Ponds range and cound not find it. And I don't mean *just* the eye makeup remover, I mean the whole line! It's..... GONE! Shock

I got curious and started searching online only to find that it actually went about a year ago. Shows what a big fan of the line I was Laughing Seriously though, it has been replaced by the Dove skincare range and the products are supposed to be very similar if not the same to Ponds (though I don't think they have an eye makeup remover).

So there you go, it appears that I have been living under a rock Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:28 am      Reply with quote
me too. Rolling Eyes

But then again, I didn't even know that neutrogena made cosmetics, primarily because they aren't sold here either!!! Shock

I try and comfort myself with the fact that we only get the stuff thats worthwhile buying?? Confused
princesita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Ponds used to have a deep cleansing scrub that I loved and it was only about $8 Au... I did the same as you a few months back and went to about 10 supermarkets/pharmacies trying to find it, then realised it had been discontinued. Lucky, I'm in the US right now and they've got plenty of Ponds here so I'm going to pick up some of the eye make up remover Maria recommended today Razz

Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:12 am      Reply with quote
princesita wrote:
Lucky, I'm in the US right now and they've got plenty of Ponds here so I'm going to pick up some of the eye make up remover Maria recommended today Razz

Enjoy the shopping you lucky duck! Smile I'm putting this on my list of stuff to get while in the UK.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy -

I just PM'd you!!!!

Remember, you have lots of friends in the States who love to help out when they can!

Let me know!

Maria Laughing

Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
Mabsy -

I just PM'd you!!!!

Remember, you have lots of friends in the States who love to help out when they can!

Let me know!

Maria Laughing

Thanks Maria Very Happy I'll try to be strong and resist, I promised myself not to get anything else until I have no outstanding parcels in the mail. The next question may well change my resolve though. Are there any other drugstore eye makeup removers that have come close to the Ponds?

Btw, O/T, my other half told me the other day that I am now officially spending too much time on EDS and online in general. I apparently keep using "drugstore" instead of our "chemist" in conversation here and people are starting to look at me funny when I do that... Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:56 am      Reply with quote
LOL Mabsy! I like 'chemist' it's sounds much better than 'drug store'. I'm sure I would get a lot of funny looks if I used it though.

Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
melissa49 wrote:
me too. Rolling Eyes

But then again, I didn't even know that neutrogena made cosmetics, primarily because they aren't sold here either!!! Shock

I try and comfort myself with the fact that we only get the stuff thats worthwhile buying?? Confused

The cosmetic line isn't available in Canada either. I've looked at it, when I've gone across the border. Apparently, their foundation is good, but I'm sure that everything else is comparable to others' products.
nonirose

Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:57 am      Reply with quote
i feel a bit silly...... its now 2008 and i've been looking in stores recently for Ponds and havnt been able to find it!!! i've had enough stock or used other brands for the last few years, and then i lived in UK for a year, so i was able to get stock.... so it never occurred to me that it wasnt available here until the last week or so!
however, i have used Dove products a lot too, but i wouldnt say they compare to some of the Ponds products i've had in the past...
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |