Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Clear mascara etc.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys. I would like to know if anyone of you knows a good clear mascara. One that seperates, and make the eyelashes look thicker and wider, so that my eyes can look brider and rested. I dont have really thick eyelashes and they are medium long, thats why i dont want to use a regular mascara, because it sticks my eyelashes and make them look thinner, because it dont seperates them and the most mascaras are not glossy. And with normal mascaras i look tired because its not looks good. O yeh i would also like to know how you can make your own clear mascara, any ideas? Idea Laughing. Ok buy!!!
applepie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried using a non-black mascara so it looks more natural? That might work too...
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi Applepie. What do you mean by using a non-black mascara? Do you mean like a brown mascara or something. In that case I have tried brown also, but the problem is that its dry and I want something that is more glossy, so that I dont look tired. Also i dont want that the mascara sticks my eyelashes together, but seperates them, so that it looks wider and my lashes will look fuller that way. You know what I mean? Ok bye!!! Smile
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi, pipilover.

I really like Molton Brown's Eyes Wide Open Natural Look Mascara. It's definitely the least clumpiest mascara I've ever tried and leaves your lashes feeling lovely and soft, with a slight sheen. It contains panthenol and wheatgeerm to help soften and condition your lashes.

I have fair hair and pale lashes and find my best colour to be "Entrancing" - which is a very dark, almost violet blue. Goes beautifully with my eyes - which are blue and brown.

The only thing is that it's not waterproof. It lasts fine without flakes or smudging on my upper lashes, but I can't wear it on my lower lashes without a few flakes appearing.

Here's a link to it, in case you're interested:

http://www.moltonbrown.co.uk/uk/product.html?productID=89
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:20 am      Reply with quote
pipilover wrote:
Hi guys. I would like to know if anyone of you knows a good clear mascara. One that seperates, and make the eyelashes look thicker and wider, so that my eyes can look brider and rested.
The one I swear by isn't really a clear mascara, but a lash growth serum/conditioner. It's called Ardell Lash Growth Accelerator, and I wrote a review on it a couple weeks ago if you want to search for it using the product name and CareKate as the keywords....

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Lamas lash mask is another good alternative to mascara. Most day when I go 'makeup-less' to help my just about blond lashes stand out a bit more.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:51 am      Reply with quote
I LOVE Lamas Lash Mask. I use it everyday. I adds just enough umph to your lashes without looking made up.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:55 am      Reply with quote
FYI for those who already tint their lashes with the 1000 Hours DIY lash tinting kit, the Ardell clear “mascara” puts the Lamas Lash Masque to shame!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Does it have a tint to it?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:57 am      Reply with quote
No, the Ardell acts like a *clear* mascara, only better, which is why I specified that if you tint your own lashes, the Ardell is your best bet if you want the naturally defined, glossy, your-lashes-but-better look. Here's the link to my review of the Ardell: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7544&highlight=ardell

If you still need something to add color to your lashes, but don’t want to use a traditional colored mascara, then the Lamas Lash Masque is your better bet. If $16USD is too much to spend for the Lamas, Neutrogena just came out with their own lash tint called “Neutrogena Clean Lash Tint” which retails for about eight bucks.

Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:21 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
FYI for those who already tint their lashes with the 1000 Hours DIY lash tinting kit, the Ardell clear “mascara” puts the Lamas Lash Masque to shame!

I agree. I prefer the Ardell over the Lamas but I do tint my lashes nowadays so I don't have a need for the tint that Lamas gave.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Hello guys, thanks for the replies. But where can I find Ardell. I am from Holland, you know right? So can I order it somewhere. And also is it good for the eylashes, I mean does it protect it. What is Ardell actually, i mean what is the different between Ardell and a mascara? I really hate my eyelashes now, because i can see holes in it and they are messy, so thats why i need something that doesd not stick them, but seperates them and make it look thicker and glossy. Another question: what can i do to make my eyelashes fuller again, so that the holes dissapair? Thanks again guys, bye bye Idea?
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Here I am again. Let me ask my questions above more simple. What is the best way to do for your eyelashes, not mascara I mean, but other things. How do you make them look thicker and grow would also be nice, but especially thicker so that my holes disseapair, or should they grow then, i think it should be grow because then my eyelashes would be become back and then would the holes disseapair, right?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:56 am      Reply with quote
pipilover wrote:
Hello guys, thanks for the replies. But where can I find Ardell. I am from Holland, you know right? So can I order it somewhere. And also is it good for the eylashes, I mean does it protect it. What is Ardell actually, i mean what is the different between Ardell and a mascara? I really hate my eyelashes now, because i can see holes in it and they are messy, so thats why i need something that doesd not stick them, but seperates them and make it look thicker and glossy. Another question: what can i do to make my eyelashes fuller again, so that the holes dissapair? Thanks again guys, bye bye Idea?

pipilover wrote:
Here I am again. Let me ask my questions above more simple. What is the best way to do for your eyelashes, not mascara I mean, but other things. How do you make them look thicker and grow would also be nice, but especially thicker so that my holes disseapair, or should they grow then, i think it should be grow because then my eyelashes would be become back and then would the holes disseapair, right?

If you'll read the private message that I sent you earlier this morning, I believe you'll find that it answers all of the questions that you posted above....

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Hee Carekate. Thanks for the messages, i have read it, i only still dont know wher i can order ardell Confused. Can you give me the adress and do they shipp it to Holland?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:31 am      Reply with quote
pipilover wrote:
Hee Carekate. Thanks for the messages, i have read it, i only still dont know wher i can order ardell Confused. Can you give me the adress and do they shipp it to Holland?
First of all, in regards to a good clear mascara, I completely and totally love and adore a product called "Ardell Lash Growth Accelerator." It's actually a lash growth serum/conditioner, but when you apply it to your lashes, it dries completely clear and gives you the look of longer, glossy looking lashes and each lash looks distinct, not all clumped up together and it's actually good for your lashes and helps keep them healthy and conditioned, and may even help your lashes grow a bit longer (similar to "Talika Lipocils" and/or "Mavala Eyelite Doublelash")! Mabsy has been using Ardell to help re-grow her lashes after an unfortunate experiment with a certain brand of mascara which caused most of her lashes to break off and/or fall out. I honestly can't rave about this stuff enough!!

The absolute best part of it is the fact that it's really cheap, around $6USD. If you apply the Ardell to your lashes, wait for it to dry, then curl your lashes with a trational clamp-type eyelash curler, it helps "lock in" the curl and make it last all day. I used to buy and try many different brands of clear mascara, looking for the exact type of result that you described above, but have always been disappointed until I found the Ardell Lash Growth Accelerator. I truly think that this product is exactly what you are looking for. Click on this link to read my thorough review of the Ardell lash stuff and answer questions about it from other members: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=62432#62432

I can't tell by your member profile, but I'm guessing that you live outside the U.S.. If this is the case, then you probably won't be able to find Ardell Lash Growth Accelerator where you are. If you'd like to try it, I'd be more than happy to buy a tube for you and ship it to you (like I've done for about 7 other EDS members so far!) and you can reimburse me via PayPal. Depending upon where in the world that you live (postage prices are higher to ship to certain countries), it would probably cost somewhere around $10USD or $11USD for me to buy and ship a tube of Ardell to you....

In addition to Ardell Lash Growth Accelerator, I'd also like to suggest that you try tinting your own eyelashes. There's this do-it-yourself (DIY) eyelash tinting kit that is sold in Australia/New Zealand called "1000 Hours Lash Tinting Kit" that you can use at home to tint your lashes. I have to order the kit from a website in NZ and have it shipped to me in America and the total cost is around $25USD, but the lash tinting kit contains enough product for about 40 applications so it's really worth the money because -- just like the color the hair on your head -- you have to re-tint your eyelashes about every 6 weeks to refresh and/or touchup the roots. The 1000 Hours kit is super easy to use: basically, if you know how to apply mascara to your lashes, then you'll know how to use this kit to tint your lashes. I wrote a product review of the 1000 Hours kit a couple weeks ago and since that time, several other EDS members have bought and used the kit and have raved about the results! Here's the link to the product review so you can read more about how the kit works and everyone else's comments: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7546

The reason I'm suggesting that you try tinting your lashes is because you stated that your lashes are pretty thick/dense, but are only medium long. I don't know if you realize this or not, but everyone in the world has pale blond tips on their lashes, which can cause your eyelashes to look shorter than they actually are. But when you tint your eyelashes with the 1000 Hours kit, it darkens those blond tips so that your lashes instantly appear longer. I believe that if you tried the combination of tinting your lashes with the DIY kit and then started using the Ardell Lash Growth Accelerator every day in lieu of a traditional colored or clear mascara that it would give you exactly the kind of look you are a seeking for your eyelashes...and it would probably make your lashes end up being the envy of all the other ladies on the EDS forum!!

Anyway, send me a PM and let me know if you'd like me to buy and send you a tube of Ardell Lash Growth Accelerator and/or give you the URL for the New Zealand website from which you can order the DIY lash tinting kit. And be sure you go and read my product reviews at the links I provided above to learn more about these two products!!

HTH,
Carrie

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Hey Carekate. Then i think if i have read it right, that i can not order it. So I will have to send you an pm, thats if you wanna order it for me? I only dont have paypal yet, but i will go to paypal.com and register me, ok. Thanks anyway, bye, bye Wink!!!
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Yo Carekate, another question. Do you use the japanese product lucia also, the product that you guys talked about in long beautiful lashes topic? Cool!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:33 am      Reply with quote
Pipilover -

Once you have registered to set up an account at PayPal, send me a private message with your full name, mailing address and PayPal account name and I will ship you a tube of the Ardell lash stuff.

thanks,
Carrie

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Carrie. Ok i will do that, thank you. Have a nice day!!! Cool.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |