Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Help!! My husband is losing his hair!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
madeline
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:44 am      Reply with quote
My husband and I were just married three months ago and he is losing his hair rapidly !!! I need to know what the best products for that would be, Hair vitamins/treatments anything. I have been searching around the net and everything just looks like a gimmic. I trust you girls. Any kind of advice would be very much appreciated Crying or Very sad
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:56 am      Reply with quote
This is probably not what you want to hear, but 1. shave his head or 2. Less stress, more fun, more vitamin B and selica and healthy organic foods in general Very Happy
madeline
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:19 am      Reply with quote
We are both vegan and live in a very peacefull house by the water. And we hardly ever argue. It must be genetic. He said his father lost his hair, and his mothers father lost his hair too. This must be genetic. He wants to shave his head, but he had such beautiful black hair I feel compelled to fix this problem.
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:40 am      Reply with quote
I've read that men with high testosterone levels typically lose their hair.

Also have his thyroid checked. Being hypo/hyper thyroid can cause rapid hair loss.

I know this sounds weird but when my dad started losing his hair I read a lot of health books and one says to juice ginger (from ginger root) and put the juice on your head/scalp and leave it on for awhile. My dad does this and thinks it helps. It has a tingling feeling so I think it is problably enhancing circulation to that area.

He is also trying something called "Foligro" (I think the sp might be wrong) from the health food store. It is a supplement and something to put on externally.

I've also read that the herb saw pawmetto can help- I think because it blocks testoserone or something.
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:44 am      Reply with quote
I just noticed you said he was vegan. How long has he been vegan for? I was vegan until 5 years ago. My hair was MUCH thinner than it is now and used to fall out a lot more. I started eating meat (orgainically fed, free range only) 5 years ago and feel MUCH better and my hair loss is so much less. He may not be getting enough protein. A great website in terms of a good eating plan and the reasons for eating meat iswww.mercola.com.
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:47 am      Reply with quote
One more thing...aneamia can cause hair loss. It is not as common in men as in women but if he is not eating meat it is a possiblilty so you could get a blood test for that as well as for the thyroid. I was ameamic until I started eating red meat.
madeline
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:58 am      Reply with quote
We have been vegan for a while now, (for moral, and cholestorol control purposes) but we get all of our nutrition from domestic and exotic organic fruits and vegetables. And he gets plenty of protien. My father is also vegan but he wasn't getting enough protien in his diet and his hair was beggining to fall out. But maybe thier is something lacking in his diet. A blood test would probably be a good idea.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:07 am      Reply with quote
I have a friend who is vegan and her daughter's hair all fell out, she actually went bald, they had to reintroduce meat and protiens into her diet which improved things.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Give NIOXIN a try. I have thin, fine hair and I've been using it since spring and see quite a bit of regrowth. My hairdresser says she's seen some GREAT results from it.

My other suggestion would be to visit a dietician. A lot of vegans and vegetarians don't get the vitamins and minerals they need to grow strong hair and nails. Track everything he eats for 2 weeks and they'll evalutate it and tell you what needs to be added in.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I had a lot of hair loss post-partum, and a product called Triaxon worked really well for me. Within about 4 months the hair loss stopped. In Canada it is available atwww.theshoppingchannel.com. I believe they have a 6 month guarantee on it as well. hths.
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
John Masters Organics has a product that's called "deep scalp follicle treatment & volumizer for thinning hair"...also that selica supplement is something we use in Sweden alot Very Happy
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
What nioxon product did you use? I do not see any ingredients listed for products on their site do you have the box?

I use copper peptides and Rogaine. Eating high protein, high Omega 3 and low simple carbs also helps. (I've had significant regrowth although I can not say what was the major factor).

Blood tests are a good idea at least it would give you an idea if diet was a factor. Check for anemia and Hem A1C (long term blood sugar) also low HDL can cause hair loss.

Good luck.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using the protectives shampoo and scalp therapy. I don't use the reconstructor but my hairdresser has seen balding ladies have good results from it.

They list the ingredients on their website, nioxin.com

Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Yes Ginger!!! Its one of those ancient Chinese secrets, my mom taught me. Teenage guys in china would rub ginger root on their face to grow a moustashe. My hair is thin to begin with and falls out alot so, my mother makes an herbal soup that helpped my hair grow healthy and black. I'm not sure of the details of the recipe but, you should consult with your local chinese herbalist its a common "perscription" Laughing. Oh, by the way the soup is an acquired taste Wink

Your husband should see a difference and it also helps prevent graying.

Another thing you should consider in 100% organic shampoo....Biotin shampoo by Jason

Good Luck!!! Very Happy
madeline
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all so much for the tips. I will try the natural stuff first and if this doesn't help than I will move on to the chemicals, and if that doesn't work then he will probably end up shaving his head. I just feel so bad. I would be so upset if I was losing my hair.
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:56 am      Reply with quote
My hubby started using rogaine maybe 3-4 months ago b/c he was thinning so much on top. You could see right through to his scalp. He got the knock-off rogaine at Wal-Mart (half the price), and he is getting noticable regrowth & thicker hair. The only downside to rogaine is that once you start it, you have to use it forever. If you stop, you will start losing your hair again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
the other thing about being married to a baldy man is that they usually have high levels of testosterone and a consequently high sex drive. I'd do like guapaboy and shave it off (his hair was thick like you couldn't run your fingers thru it til he met me Very Happy) and have fun Wink

Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Madeline,

My husband is also losing some hair and I am also doing some research about it. I am now living in Shanghai and am starting to be aware of some Chinese products. Since they are natural, they tend to be slow but working or at least that's what they say. I know there is a natural product for the hair but don't know exactly the name. I know it is very popular but I want to make sure it is the same product people are talking about. As soon as I find out the name of the product, I will let you know.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
China: Both ginger and turmeric are anti-inflammatory. They could help some people as hair loss can be related to inflammation.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |