Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Skinceuticals C+E Ferulic
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
eSquire415
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Any reviews of this product? How is it so far?
Mabsy

Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if there've been any "formal" reviews of it here but I do know that a number of EDS members have tried it. From memory, some liked it but there were also quite a few reports of breakouts from it. I don't know if that was only for a specific skin type. If you do a search for "ferulic" you should find previous discussions about it Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
I, for one, have a lot of problem, mostly breakouts, with the product. I have been very happy with C+E, but they discontinued it. What a shame.

Next day after I applied C+E+Ferulic, I got breakouts. I stopped for a week and tried again and same thing happened again. I must have tried a dozen times and finally gave up. When it first came up, I thought it would be great, so I bought one bottle for myself and one for my sisster-in-laws. Now that I have problem with it, I am afraid to give it to my sister-in-law. I don't know what to do with them, so I used it on my neck. Oh my goodness, I have terrible patch like rash on my neck and it took a whole week to disappear. I don't care that much about neck, soo I think I will keep using it on my neck. I don't want to waste it.

My suggestion to eSquire is get a sample and try it first before you purchase.

Rose
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Skinceuticals C E Ferulic for three months and love it. Have not had problems with breakouts, but I rarely breakout....doesn't seem to matter what I put on my skin. (maybe because my skin is on the dry side?) The consistency of this serum is thin and watery and I find it to be a bit drying for my skin type. It does absorb very quickly, which is a huge plus for me in the morning! I began using the skinceuticals line three months ago, after using the entire Obagi system for six months. I've noticed some improvements in my skin since using the C E Ferulic serum. (I'm also using the Skinceuticals B5 gel, Line Defense and Retinol cream at night....alternate with these two...every other night) The lines around my eyes have diminished. What I found most amazing is the appearance of my eyes first thing in the morning....no bags, no puffiness, and barely noticeable lines.....unless I use the dreaded magnifying mirror! But I'm not sure which product is actually responsible. (My main focus the past three months has been my eye area) The other improvement I've noticed is elasticity. My skin feels and appears firmer and more plumped up....which is major for those of us with dry skin. I believe that this contributes to that natural glow that we're all striving for.

This is the first Vitamin C serum I've used, and am thrilled with the results. I've read many reviews on this forum, and am planning on purchasing either the Vivier or AlphaDerma to try next. From what I've read, these serums may be more moisturizing.

5% products discount

Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:51 am      Reply with quote
I love this c serum. I have had no breakouts (and I am prone to them). It also has not irritated my skin like their other c-serums. It goes on very light and immediately absorbs into your skin. I ordered 6 sample sizes on e-bay and found that this was a good way to try this product. I am almost done with the last bottle. I will reorder this product due to its outstanding anitoxidant properties. I am hoping it is preventing future damage.

HTH,

kylala
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hiya

I've been using the very generous sample of CE+Ferullic from EDS for about 2 weeks now, in the mornings.

I havent had any problems with it so far, it has a nice wheatgermy smell, and is very light. I think it is only a 15% serum.

Haven't noticed any dramatic changes yet but I think younger skins may not really see any improvement, except for spot scars or something.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Oh dear, I hope it's the tremendous stress in my life right now (mother's very ill in hospital) and not the CE Ferulic that I just started using, but my skin has broken out quite badly. I'll keep using it for a while longer but if this persists, I'll have to chuck it. I use it with SC Phyto+ -- do any other Ferulic users combine the two? Maybe the Phyto+ is causing this. BTW, I'm not particularly acne-prone. I hope I don't end up having the same experience as Rose Sad

I may have to go back to IS Clinical Super Serum if this keeps up.
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
Quote:
Oh dear, I hope it's the tremendous stress in my life right now (mother's very ill in hospital) and not the CE Ferulic that I just started using, but my skin has broken out quite badly.

(((m.april))) Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the prayers Debra. It means a lot to me Angel

I'm going to try SC .5% retinol tonight for the first time. Maybe this will clear up my skin. Perhaps I'll alternate with Intense Line Defense as well. I hear the retinol is very active, and some people only use it once a week or so. I guess it depends on how sensitive one's skin is. I'll take it slowly.
eSquire415
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
Well I just won the listing from eBay for a 6 travel minis + 1 free. Costed me $21 shipping included for 26.25ml

A 30ml costs $122, but you can get it on the internet for $90.

It's interesting that it's causing some of you to break out. I hope it doesn't happen to me coz the AlphadermaCE caused my forehead to breakout with whiteheads, that's why i'm changing.
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:29 am      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
Quote:
I'm going to try SC .5% retinol tonight for the first time. Maybe this will clear up my skin. Perhaps I'll alternate with Intense Line Defense as well. I hear the retinol is very active, and some people only use it once a week or so. I guess it depends on how sensitive one's skin is. I'll take it slowly.

It's a great combo. I was able to use the SC .5% retinol every other night, and Line Defense on the opposite nights, and my skin did well with it, however, I was used to prescription retinol before switching to the SC. The SC retinol products are, in my opinion, a nicer texture compared to the prescription form.

Hope your Mom is doing better today.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:09 am      Reply with quote
After the initial reaction, I stopped Ferulic for 2 days which is when I started .5% retinol (3 nights in a row, but now I occasionally lay off or alternate with Intense Line Defense). Everything cleared up quickly so I've gone back to Ferulic with no problems since Very Happy However, I'm no longer using Phyto+ at the same time -- too many layers may have caused the acneic reaction. Instead, I apply Phyto+ immediately upon awakening and cleansing and leave it on a few hours. Then later, I cleanse again and apply Ferulic, sunscreen and makeup.

I'll also post this on the SC retinol thread -- I'm loving it!!!
Tangerine
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have really dry skin and never had breakout. I am not allergic to anything I know either.
But I got breakout right after I use CE Ferulic Sad
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
Quote:
After the initial reaction, I stopped Ferulic for 2 days which is when I started .5% retinol (3 nights in a row, but now I occasionally lay off or alternate with Intense Line Defense). Everything cleared up quickly so I've gone back to Ferulic with no problems since However, I'm no longer using Phyto+ at the same time -- too many layers may have caused the acneic reaction. Instead, I apply Phyto+ immediately upon awakening and cleansing and leave it on a few hours. Then later, I cleanse again and apply Ferulic, sunscreen and makeup.

Yea! Glad to hear it's working out. I really like SC's C E Ferulic, Retinol and Intense Line Defense. I experienced continual improvement in skin tone and texture, decrease in fine lines and appearance of pore size.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have C+E Ferulic sitting in my fridge. Won't be touching it until I finish something! Razz

Did anyone think it works better than C+E? I love that Skinceuticals is coming out with product innovation. I hope things don't change now since they've been bought over by L'Oreal!!
eSquire415
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
Why do you put it in the fridge?

BTW, do not buy from "pkdiscounts" of eBay. The seller is a crook. He tried to sell a C+E for a C+E Ferulic. His description was C+E Ferulic but his photo was C+E. I tried to tell him to correct it but he responded nastily and called me names. Quite an SOB.
maliktai
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I received a hefty sample of this from 4derm website. I have not seen its effectiveness particularly given the price. The C I have been using over the past two/three months is from PCA skincare. My skin looked much better for it unfortunately when I got the sample of C&E and having heard so much about it, I started using it. Don't particularly like the texture. In any event, the addition of Vitamin C is a good thing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
Debra,

Thank you so much for your posting on August 13. After seeing your good review on C E Ferulic Acid, I tried it again and I was so surprised that I did not have as much breakouts as a few months ago. I have been using it in the morning since then and I like it very much. I really appreciate your info.

I used Retinol 0.5 two times a week at night a month ago and my skin peeled the next week. Is it good? Do you peel after using Retinol? How do you take care of your skin when you peel? Do you rub it off?

Rose
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:20 am      Reply with quote
M.april, I am so very sorry about your mother. She will be in my prayers.
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Rose wrote:
Quote:
Debra,

Thank you so much for your posting on August 13. After seeing your good review on C E Ferulic Acid, I tried it again and I was so surprised that I did not have as much breakouts as a few months ago. I have been using it in the morning since then and I like it very much. I really appreciate your info.

I used Retinol 0.5 two times a week at night a month ago and my skin peeled the next week. Is it good? Do you peel after using Retinol? How do you take care of your skin when you peel? Do you rub it off?

Hi Rose,

Sorry for the late reply. I've been out of town, and my laptop has been in the shop for repairs.

I'm glad to hear that you're happy with the Skinceuticals C E Ferulic Acid this time around!

Peeling skin is normal with retinol products. And the fact that you are using two times per week is a good thing. It takes awhile for skin to adjust to retinol products. Before using Skinceuticals Retinol cream, I was using a prescription retin-A product provided be my derm. He warned me that my skin would go through an adjustment period of peeling, blotchiness, dry patches for a few weeks. He encouraged me to stick through that yucky phase and it would subside. My skin looked terrible for three weeks, and finally began to adjust and the peeling decreased. I worked up to using the retinol every two to three nights. I learned when and how often to apply the retinol according to my skin's response. For example, I would refrain from applying retinol two to three nights before a big event, as I did not want to increase the risk of my skin reacting by having little peelies around my nose, or mouth area! After six months of the prescription retinol, I wanted something less potent, so I transitioned over to the Skinceuticals 1.0. Because my skin was accustomed to retin-A, I skipped the 0.5. I would NEVER recommend this to someone who has never used a retin-A product on their skin.

To deal with the peeling, I exfoliated and moisturized regularly, and rarely wore foundation during those times. During the summer months, I did cut back on retinol significantly. I love to use light, natural-looking self-tanner, which is not a good combination with retinol. I learned this when one day when my skin decided to shed along my jaw line and chin....not a pretty site.

Retin-A type products are good for people who have the patience to tolerate some peeling. I'm sold on them, and will probably continue to use them, on and off, for years to come. I will probably continue to use Skinceuticals Retinol as it's peeling affects are minimal, but when I feel my skin needs a more aggressive boost, I'll jump back to a prescription retin-A for a bit of time also. Right now, I'm giving my skin a break from these products and am using AlphaDerma and Vivier C, along with some glycolic masks and AHA exfoliators.

Sorry for the long reply! Today is my first day back online, and seem to be rambling!

5% products discount

Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
I've got a question about using retinol, you seem to know a lot about that area of skincare. For about a week and a half, I've been using SC 0.5. I skipped a day at first but didn't notice any adverse reaction, so I've been using it every day since. I'm gathering that if it's working, it should be flaking. Other than 1 day of a little flaking(not irritating, not covering a large area and went away immediately following moisturizer application), I havent noticed any.

My skincare routine is as follows:

Morning (leaving about 15 minutes after C serum):
Purpose cleanser
SC C+AHA serum (every other morning, only because sometimes I forget)
MURAD exfoliating acne treatment
MURAD skin perfecting lotion.

Evening:
Purpose cleanser
SC Retinol 0.5 (every night, waiting 30 min)
MURAD exfoliating acne treatment
MURAD skin perfecting lotion

My questions are, should I just go ahead to the SC 1.0 retinol cream? And how do I know if it's working? I used to think I had sensitive skin but since the retinol doesn't bother me, I'm rethinking that. The C-serum leaves a tingly feeling but doesnt burn either.

By the way, I'm using this regimin because I have some bumpiness and dark spots form past pimples. I don't really have acne...just not smooth skin & some combination oliness.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Dear EJB - Like you, I used SC .5% retinol more often the first week because my skin reacted as yours did. But after a while (of approx. 2 weeks use), my skin started to get tight, dry and flaky at times (it finally peeled quite a bit), so now I'm using it 3-4 times per week at bedtime.

And just like you, I thought perhaps I could tolerate 1% retinol after my first week of using .5% but now I'm not so sure. In the meantime, I'm happy to stick with .5% for at least several more weeks and see how my skin reacts before I try stronger retinol. BTW, I often top it off with SC Skin Firming Cream which I find moisturizing without a lot of greasiness.

I have to add that I love how CE Ferulic (after the initial warmth upon application)plus Avene sunscreen during the day soothe my skin after retinol use. I'm not sure I could tolerate it otherwise.
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi m.april Smile I hope your mom is doing better.

Ladies, I've been trying to slowly work CE Ferulic into my routine. I suffered a breakout after the first application, but I'm not certain that's the Ferulic coz it coincided with TTOM. To play it safe I went back to my Serum 10 for a week. I used it again today, no adverse effects so far except for that slight warm feeling right after application that m.april mentioned and a rash-like spot which quickly subsided. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Pray I so want to use this product because of its lovely texture, the way it absorbs quicker than the Serum 10, and how it leaves no tacky feel. Wish me luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:25 am      Reply with quote
EJB--The positive benefit of using SC retinol is decreased affects, like the peeling, that will occur with prescription retin-A products. When using the SC retinol, I did not apply any other products on after. I just wanted to minimize the possibility of anything else penetrating my skin and diluting the results of the retinol. I did not experience much of the peeling with SC retinol, however, my skin was accustomed to the prescription strength when I began to use it. (And I don't experience the burning sensation with Vit. C either....occasionally slight tingling, but thats the extent of it.) I do think that retinol helped smooth my skin texture greatly! I began using it for that reason....to improve my skin tone, texture and maybe soften up some fine lines. How long have you been using the .5? I would probably finish out the .5 before moving up to the 1.0, but just because I hate to waste any kind of product. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

(Also....EJB stands for Enterprise Java Beans in my line of work.....i can't help but smile when i see those initials!)

m.april....as with crazyskin, I do hope your mom's health is improving. Still sending positive thoughts your way!

crazyskin--knock on wood, I hope the CE Ferulic works for you!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Debra! Doing a lot of knocking on every available surface at my end Very Happy

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |