Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

bags problem;)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Sweety Smarty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:15 am      Reply with quote
hey ya!My mum has quite big bags since she was 16,now se decidet finaly to do something to remove them Rolling Eyes do you have any tips?
THX Very Happy
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:43 am      Reply with quote
When you say Lacrimal sacks do you mean bags? The lacrimal sack is situated in the inner lid and is part of the lacrimal system that produces tears and lubrication for the eye. The sack also helps to drain away excess tears and can get infected/blocked and puff up - this is a medical issue that would need resolving by a doctor. Is the problem you mother has in the eye or is it a cosmetic problem of the skin near by?
Sorry if I've got the worng end of the stick - just wanted to make sure I had what you meant straight in my head!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:34 am      Reply with quote
yeah,thanks!!I didnt know what this is in english Rolling Eyes yes,ive meaned bags.Perhaps i should modify the topic Embarassed
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Ahh right - well there are lots of products that claim to tighten the area and improve bags and there are lots of people on here that can recommend ones that work for them, but if the problem is severe then they wil only improve the area slightly and not take the bags away. She could try various cosmetic 'fixes', for example there are 'instant fixes' such as 'Eyessential' or 'Genie' which will tighten the area temporarily for 6-8 hrs but washes off! There are some longer term options of gels and creams that improve lymphatic drainage, skin elasticity/hydration and colour of the area and so improve the appearance of the bags slightly. But to be honest if your mums had them since she was 16 they are likely to just be the way she's made/genetic and although she may be able to improve them slightly with cosmetic products its unlikely such a product will miraculously 'fix' it (as far as I know?)It also depends on whats causing them - excess fat under the skin or drooping skin or a combination of the two? To rid herself of them permanently she may have to resort to surgery. Best to see a dermatologist who will be able to advise on the best course of action.
(If she does decide on surgery then using good skincare will help ensure a good result Smile )

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:39 am      Reply with quote
thank you!Yeah,shes not for surgery... Laughing thank you for your tips,i will tell her Wink
tipu
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:49 am      Reply with quote
hi Sweety Smarty and Lucia,

I often use 'Eyessential' as a quick fix and like it a lot. I wouldn't use this on a daily basis though. and by the way, where one can purchase 'Genie'????? Question
Sweety Smarty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
thank you Tipu!I will share your tips with her tomorrow... Very Happy
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tipu!
In the UK you can get Genie Instant Line Smoother from QVC or from other channels via an infomercial.
Sometimes its on Ebay and I've found the following site that stocks it but haven't used them -
http://www.stuff4beauty.com/catalog.php?category=Genie%20Instant%20Line%20Smoother%20

SweetySmarty - hope your mum finds something that does the trick!!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:47 am      Reply with quote
thank you,Lucia!Hope so too... Very Happy
tipu
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:07 am      Reply with quote
thank you Lucia! Very Happy
and Sweety Smarty, I took a look at the "Genie" and would definitely recommend "Eyessential' over it for your mums eye bags.

Tipu Wink
Sweety Smarty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:35 am      Reply with quote
thank you Tipu! Shes quite curious.. Very Happy
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have been complaining of bags for years. Bags are my biggest problem. A Blef would be ideal for me but I don't want the surgery nor do I want to spend the money.

I have discovered something in the past month. Irrigating my nose with Saline Solution. Embarassed Sorry if this sounds gross but it is such a blessing for me.

Several years ago I went to a ENT for migrains. He told me that I had sinus problems. Well, around July 4 I got a bad cold and have had horrible post nasal drip since. I have tried all the allergy meds, nose sprays and even put on an antibiotic. Nothing really helped long term.

I did some research on the net and read that all these nose sprays and allergy meds dry out your nasal passages and can make things worse...long term. I read about nasal irrigation. You can buy a saline solution to irrigate your nose and sinuses or make one and use a WaterPik device. The idea behind this is that nasal irrigation clears your sinuses and flushes out any irritants while moisturizing your nasal membranes and sinus cavities. I have been doing this for a couple of weeks. After a couple of days of using a saline solution I no longer woke up at night coughing. The bonus: my bags look deflated. They are still there but not half as puffy.

Just thought I would pass this on.
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I have discovered something in the past month. Irrigating my nose with Saline Solution.

How do you do this? Have been recommended for blocked nose during a cold, but am too scared to try in case I breathe it right in. Hmm.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Nasal Irrigations

The nasal and sinus cavities are normally able to clear mucus on their own through “mucociliary transport.” Up to one quart of mucus is produced daily and is swallowed. Sometimes swelling of the nose from either allergy, irritation, or infection can prevent this self-cleaning. In these cases, irrigations (nasal flushing or washing) are used to assist in mucociliary transport.

Irrigation solutions
A variety of solutions can be used, depending on the nature and degree of material that needs to be cleared out of the nose. Irrigation solutions can be homemade or prescribed.

Homemade
Use sterile water if possible. If tap water is necessary, boil before using. Add 2 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. baking soda to 1 liter (1 quart) sterile/boiled water. Patients on a salt-restricted diet should probably avoid adding salt and may use plain sterile water.

Prescription
Medications can be added to the irrigation solution. In this case, the solution would be prepared by your pharmacist. Added medications can include antibiotics or antifungal agents to inhibit bacterial or fungal growth. If gentamycin irrigation is prescribed for you it is best filled by a hospital pharmacy near your home. It is relatively inexpensive. Shop around if you find that your local pharmacy is expensive.

Irrigation Devices
Irrigations may be carried out with a spray bottle (such as with over-the-counter nasal saline sprays), a rubber bulb syringe (like the kind used for cleaning children’s ears) or a water-pik device. Whichever device you use, you should sterilize the apparatus on a daily basis so that bacteria are not reintroduced into the nasal cavity with each irrigation. Sterilization may be performed with a weak solution of Betadine (available in pharmacies as a douche) or bleach (1 part bleach to 100 parts water). After cleansing, flush through a few times with water before using again.

Instructions
• When irrigating the nose, the irrigation solution will run out the front of your nose or down the back of your throat. Although a small amount of this is not harmful if swallowed, larger amounts may produce bloating or fullness in the abdomen. It is therefore best to perform the irrigations while leaning forward over a sink so that the solution may drip or be spit out.

• Breathe through your nose or hold your breath while irrigating.

• Take the tip out of your nose if you have to sneeze or cough to prevent injury.

• Do not speak or swallow during irrigations. This can change the pressure in your ears and nose causing infectious mucus to be drawn into the sinuses or middle ear.

In addition to irrigations, steam inhalation also has a beneficial effect on the nasal lining. Various steam-producing inhalation devices are commercially available. Room humidifiers may also provide some symptomatic improvement in some people. However, they can become a source of aerosolized mold and bacteria if they are not cleaned regularly.

Other Helpful Ideas
• Vaporizers and humidifiers are helpful when treating sinusitis. Bedside humidifiers and vaporizers help to thin the mucous secretions. Dryness inside the nose is seen as an irritant and may cause the nose to swell. Patients with allergies should keep the humidity in the home less than 50% to prevent dust and mold from growing. Strict attention should be maintained to keeping these devices clean.

• HEPA air filter purifiers help to lower allergens and pollutant in the air your breath.

• Proper diet and exercise is essential to your health and disease prevention.

• Drink water – you should drink a minimum of eight glasses of water a day. This helps to keep the body and mucous membranes well hydrated.

• Avoid alcohol – alcohol may worsen sinusitis because it dehydrates the body and may interfere with the effective absorption of some medications.

• Avoid smoking
System
Automatic Message
Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Phyto-C Phyto Gel (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Decleor Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask (50 ml) Babor Skinovage PX Vita Balance Oxygen Energizing Cream (50 ml / 1.75 oz)