Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: PTR Oxygen Detoxifying Masque
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
snooops
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
I love to try new skin care products, masks in particular. I bought Peter Thomas Roth Oxygen Detoxifying Masque a while ago, and have been using it for about 2 months. I have to say I really love this mask, it has become one of my favorites.

What I really like about this is that it has a neutral scent (others might find it a bit medical), as all those over-perfumed products give me a head ache just from opening the bottle. It comes in a jar, which I'm not to thrilled about, keep thinking about the bacteria that gets in there. The mask is white and has a thick, creamy gel texture. The instructions tell to apply a thick layer onto the skin and leave it on for 5-10 minutes depending on skin type and sensitivity. You have to be very careful not to get this stuff on your hair or brows, as the hydrogen peroxide could bleach the hair.

I have oily, congested skin that's not at all sensitive, and when I applied the mask it actually felt soothing, cooling and very refreshing. I left it on for 10 minutes, and experienced a slightly tingling sensation at the end. The first time I used it I was a bit disappointed because I didn't see that much of a difference. My skin looked a bit brighter, but that was it. Well, I kept using it and the results just keeps getting better. My skin is brighter and more glowing and the pores appear smaller. I love how clean and soft my skin feels after I've used this. I can see this product last a long time, the jar is still over half full.

This mask is definitely not recommended for very sensitive skin, and I would advice everyone to be careful not to leave it on too long the first time you use it.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Peter Thomas Roth Oxygen Detoxifying Masque (4.5 oz)
Peter Thomas Roth Oxygen Detoxifying Masque (4.5 oz)

With oxygen cream, anti-oxidant vitamins E & C, panthenol, salicylic acid, allantoin, extracts of ivy, cucumber, chamomile, mallow, and lemon for all skin types except sensitive
This unique, synergistic oxygen masque revitalizes dull, congested skin and helps tighten pores and improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Oxygenates and helps plump surface skin cells that may be compromised by the sun, smoking, stress, the aging process and environmental factors to impart a visibly refined appearance, a polished rosy glow, and a marked increase in skin elasticity. Rich in advanced bioactive and anti-oxidant vitamins. Stimulates and calms with botanical extracts.

Stretch
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:03 am      Reply with quote
I have been looking for a good oxygen mask. I will have to take a look at this.
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I tried this mask and I didn't like it much. The problem with PTR is that it doesn't work for me.

It feels like parrafin on the skin and seems to brighten the skin but my skin looks brighter when it's freshly washed. The next day my skin didn't look any different. To be fair, I've only used this mask 3x and gave it away. I'm pretty impatient and consider that masks should reap immediate results. Very Happy
SaffronRouge
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
I felt the same way...I didn't see anything dramatic, well actually, nothing at all.
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have been eyeing this mask for some time now...as MUA has rather glowing reviews...Hmmm lets see....
Lili
5% products discount

Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:27 am      Reply with quote
I'm wary of any oxygen-producing skin treatment -- why are we spending all that money to put antioxidants (which prevent free radicals, resulting in skin damage) on our skin, just to add oxygen? The PTR line using an unstable version of oxygen -- peroxide -- and it can, in theory, produce alot of free radical spin offs. I sell it, and have tried it. It was to harsh and irritating for my sensitive skin. The demo is to take a nice dollop and put it on the inside of your arm for 10 minutes -- when you remove it the area is temporarily lightened and glowing. Duh -- hydrogen peroside gel does the same thing! The company explanation is that it's antibacterial, and cleanses your pores thoroughly, hence the lightened effect. I suppose I could see how it might brighten up someone's skin who smokes, has tired sluggish skin, etc.... but I guess I'd recommend exercising to get that good blood flow and oxygen up there in the facial tissues. As long as we're treating our skin using the theory of anti-oxidants and stopping free radicals, it seems to me that appluy oxygen is self-defeating. Just my 2 cents.
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:20 am      Reply with quote
I'm wondering if it cause acne pimple to my skin.I wanna lightening skin tone,but no acne pimple.
pickiis
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:47 am      Reply with quote
LizaA wrote:
I tried this mask and I didn't like it much. The problem with PTR is that it doesn't work for me.

It feels like parrafin on the skin and seems to brighten the skin but my skin looks brighter when it's freshly washed. The next day my skin didn't look any different. To be fair, I've only used this mask 3x and gave it away. I'm pretty impatient and consider that masks should reap immediate results. Very Happy

i felt exactly the same. also abit concern using something (hydrogen peroxide) so harsh on skin too on a second thought.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:45 am      Reply with quote
PTR just not for me. This mask is no exception. Even immediately after or the next day, I do not see any difference at all. The smell just put me off. YAK!!!! to all PTR products
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
Me too i don't like this mask. My eyes always tears when i put on this mask, not sure if it is the peroxide or wat.
Happycat
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using it for years and I love it, I repurchase it everytime when mine is running out, it keep my skin out of impurities but not drying, so result depends on individual?!
Seaera
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review...it definitely sounds like something I would like and I'm on the hunt for a new mask to try. Smile
Windyemmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:29 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm, this mask didn't do much to me...Sad
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |