Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
question about HA...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Sweety Smarty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Im thinking about to buy the HA capsules,can i make anything wrong? the packaging always promotes benefits on skin,hair...but nothing that it plumps the lips.Are these wrong brands?I mean,it has to be weired,if you wanna do something for your skin,and acidentaly have plumped lips the other morning... Confused is the plumping HA another HA?
thx Very Happy
Mabsy

Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:34 am      Reply with quote
I don't think you'll find "plumps lips" on a bottle of HA. It was discovered (by Carrie) to be a side effect of taking HA - and it seems that most people have found this to be true. I can't help you with the brands or quantity though - I got my HA through Carrie and it should be arriving any day now Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:54 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy so they are in fact all the same?
Mabsy

Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:21 am      Reply with quote
I don't know if some brands are better than others, but, no there are no different types of HA for different purposes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Sweety Smarty wrote:
Very Happy so they are in fact all the same?
No, they are most definitely NOT all the same! If your goal is to plump up your lips, then you need to search for a supplement that contains high percentage levels of both Hyaluronic Acid and Biocell Type II Collagen. The later ingredient is especially important because not all collagens are created equal.

I order my HA/collagen supplements fromwww.iherb.com. They’ve got great prices, great customer service and quick shipping. Here are links to several of the HA/collagen supplements that are carried by iHerb and all of them have the necessary percentage of the required ingredients:

http://store.yahoo.com/iherb/hyaluronic3.html
http://store.yahoo.com/iherb/hyaluronic2.html
http://store.yahoo.com/iherb/hyaluronic1.html
http://store.yahoo.com/iherb/chic.html

Finally, I know you live in Europe so I’m pleased to tell you that iHerb *does* allow international orders and will ship their products overseas. I believe this is the link that outlines iHerb’s policy regarding international orders: http://www.iherb.com/othercountries.html

HTH,
Carrie

P.S. Geez, I just saw on the iHerb website that they have a section that lists their best selling/most popular product and at this time the best-seller are HA supplements...hmmm, I wonder why!! Razz

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:59 am      Reply with quote
thank you sooo much,Carry!!!
We all can be so happy to have you Very Happy
Mabsy

Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Ok, now I'm confused! There is only one type of HA right? But it's not the HA itself that plumps the lips - it's the combination of it with collagen? And in a specific concentration?

Question

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Ok, now I'm confused! There is only one type of HA right? But it's not the HA itself that plumps the lips - it's the combination of it with collagen? And in a specific concentration?

Question
Yes, there is only one type of HA and the HA alone *does* plump the lips a bit, but since this initial discovery we’ve found that HA in combination with Biocell Type II Collagen reaps the most lip plumping rewards. And when I talked about the percentage/concentration of these ingredients, what I meant was that you wouldn’t need to pop 10 tablets per day to achieve the correct dosage level in order to start seeing results.

We (me, Winnie, Judy Marshall) found that you need to take between 60mg-100mg of HA per day in order to start seeing the lip plumping. Anything less than that and you don’t really notice any thing. Because of this, I began looking for brands of HA/collagen that would meet this criteria when taking only 1-2 tablets per day because the supplements can get expensive after awhile, especially if you needed to take 6 pills per day before you saw any results! I wanted to ensure I got the most bang for my buck.

So that’s what I meant when I replied to SweetySmarty. Does that help clear up the confusion or did I just make it even worse?!

Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Crystal clear! Thank you. Sorry, I should have understood that from reading the epic thread - I have read it it's just that there's so many posts in it now that I don't remember it Laughing

Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:27 am      Reply with quote
O/T: I have looked and cannot find any HA supplements in health food shops in Australia. I wonder why that is... I hope that's not the reason why my parcel hasn't arrived yet Shock I seriously hope that the customs guys don't cotton on to this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
O/T: I have looked and cannot find any HA supplements in health food shops in Australia. I wonder why that is... I hope that's not the reason why my parcel hasn't arrived yet Shock I seriously hope that the customs guys don't cotton on to this.
God, I hope not either. I sent a big box of stuff to Faith in Tokyo the same day I mailed your parcel and both packages were over 4 pounds which meant that I had to fill out a different type of customs declaration form (in triplicate!!) that is specifically for mailing items weighing over 4 pounds (presumably by large businesses, etc). Fortunately I kept my copies of the customs form and they have a tracking number on them. I just went towww.usps.com to see if I could track both parcels and the most recent info available is that the items were dispatched from the international depot in New Jersey on August 5th and placed on a flight headed for Oz and Tokyo, respectively. I hadn’t noticed this till now, but the postal office dude selected the “Return to Sender” option on the “Sender’s Instructions in case of Non-Delivery” section and I haven’t received either parcel back so I guess this means the ball is over in the court of your postal/customs office....

I’m really getting concerned about this because A) I selected and paid for 4-7 (business) days “Airmail” delivery, and B) this is the first time I’ve shipped a package that actually weighed that much requiring the more complicated custom’s declaration notice so I don’t know if I actually filled out the form correctly which is what is causing the delay or what....

Whenever I receive an package from overseas, it doesn’t appear that the U.S. Customs opened it up and checked the contents so I haven’t really given this much thought before, but for those of you living overseas to whom I’ve shipped items in the past, can you tell me whether or not your package was searched and if you had to pay customs’ duty fees on them?

When I fill out the customs form for you guys, I always select “Gift” and write down an itemized list of the contents, but on the part of the form where it says “Declared Value,” I always write $0.00 because I don’t want anyone to have to pay duties on it, but I don’t know if my approach to circumvent the system is actually effective or not! Are y’all actually charged or not?

For the record, I simply wrote "(2) nutritional supplements" on your customs form for the HA/collagen and calcium pills so I don't know if they'll spank you/me for sending the HA/collagen or not.... Confused

Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:13 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
I just went towww.usps.com to see if I could track both parcels and the most recent info available is that the items were dispatched from the international depot in New Jersey on August 5th and placed on a flight headed for Oz and Tokyo, respectively.

Arrived this morning Dancing Thank you - you're a star! Not opened by customs, completely intact - I have no idea why it took longer than usual.... Anyway, I'll email you later today Wink

Now I'm going to pig out on some lovely US sweets... (thank you! ).

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:27 am      Reply with quote
I’m relieved it finally arrived, but I just got a PM from someone else asking about a parcel I mailed to Canada on the 8th because she hasn’t received it yet so I’m really starting to wonder and get concerned because stuff sent to Canada from the U.S. normally takes five days or less to arrive. I mean, I know the USPS can be incompetent sometimes, but this really takes the cake!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Alrighty..glad I found this. I had posted in another forum inquiring about whether or not HA alone worked. Running out this morning to get the Source naturals. Thanks Carrie for taking the time to post this wonderful info.
Anita

carekate wrote:
Mabsy wrote:

Question
Yes, there is only one type of HA and the HA alone *does* plump the lips a bit, but since this initial discovery we’ve found that HA in combination with Biocell Type II Collagen reaps the most lip plumping rewards. ...
We (me, Winnie, Judy Marshall) found that you need to take between 60mg-100mg of HA per day in order to start seeing the lip plumping. Anything less than that and you don’t really notice any thing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Before I take the plumping plunge (so to speak Anxious ), I assume we are all sure there are no health risks long term (or short term) associated with taking these supplements?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |