Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

witch hazel as toner???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I bought some distilled witch hazel to use as a toner....do I just use as is Confused
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:52 am      Reply with quote
i also occasionally use distilled witch hazel as a toner when my skin feels too sensitive due to too much sun exposure. I just use it straight from the bottle without diluting it.
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply Very Happy I take it that this is gentle then and won't dry out my skin Confused
Sarah Jones
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:09 am      Reply with quote
You can mix it with a little of peppermint water for extra summer fresh
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Never thought of adding the Peppermint, I'll have a go with that.
I use 2 parts Distilled Witch Hazel to 2 parts rose water as a toner and I have found it to work better than the Dr Hauschka Claryfying toner.
This toner combined with homemade cleanser is a winning comdination Wink
Have got the boyfriend hooked on using Witch Hazel too Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
I find straight witch hazel to be a little drying especially after continued use. You can also dilute it with other hydrosols to make a nice calming toner.
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:33 am      Reply with quote
just make sure it doesn't have any alcohol!

i love witch hazel mixed w. either neroli or rose hydrosol.
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks....it does seem to be a bit drying, but I also started using Decleor Essential Balm so it might be that, or the combo Confused

It does have a strange odour to it, does adding the rose or neroli mask the smell Question What would the rose or neroli do, any specific purpose ( my skin is normal-dry).
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:42 am      Reply with quote
cbrook,
adding some rose and/or neroli hydrosol to witch hazel definitely changes the scent...

both rose & neroli hydrosols are generally very good for all skin types
i've found rose to be very comforting and nurturing for my skin and helps to balance any condition i'm experiencing at the time, dryness, oilies, etc...neroli is a bit more toning & astringent.

(as a side, a few spritzes of neroli into a glass of water at the end of a crazy hectic day really helps to calm me down...i buy my neroli from a woman i highly trust for freshness, organic of course, and always keep all of my hydrosols refrigerated between uses, as pure hydrosols are perishable and can go off quite easily)
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone ever tried soaking green tea bags in water as a toner? I've heard that is good also.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Fairlyfair

I have tried steeping plain green tea leaves (not the bags) for about 10-mins to get the 'most' out of them.

Green tea has an astringent effect in the mouth especially the strong stuff. So I guess it would be the same for the face if you use a very strong solution.

But the problem is they do not keep very well if you just leave them in a bottle, so I tend to put few drops of any citrus/tea tree oils in to prevent fungus (eww!).
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
I make the ACV toner with green tea. I use sveral bags in 2 cups of water and boil to reduce by half to concentrate. I love the ACV toner and usually add Ylang Ylang and peppermint oil.
esq
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I use this straight and have for years and it works just as well as anyother toner for my oily skin.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |