Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
:: Review :: Decleor Shaving Stuff - Awesome!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
farouk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Hey

I realise a lot of the ladies wont have a huge interest in this review but I figured some of you shave, right? (do not want to know where thank you very much Shock ) and there are some of you who have blokes, so I thought id post my rave up about the shaving foam and Aromessence for men.

Well. I recently got my order for some bottles of Rasage Tendresse (the shaving foam for sensitive skin - my skin usually looks like a strawberry after shaving) and the Coupe Feu - the after shave gel and got some samples of the after shave cream and Aromessence for men.

So I got them all out and had a play. I first used the Aromessence underneath the shaving foam and had a shave. I have to shave everyday because im a bit of rough (steady ladies Very Happy ). Oh it was awesome. My skin felt so soft and smooth and theres wasnt an ounce of irritation. Not even a tingle. And the smell - they all have a cinnamony man smell - and I love cinnamon. Also, the way this shaving foam foams is phenominal - its like the consistency of cream youve kind of whipped too much - really thick.

I should point out that the shave without the Aromessence underneath was almost as good, but if you can stretch to the oil then id take the plunge.

The after shave gel is also great but I think I like the after shave cream better - im checking out Ebay for any cheap deals on the cream and the oil.

So ladies, if you use shaving cream - I strongly suggest you get the Rasage Tendresse and if youve got a bloke - get this for him - he'll thank you!

I should say I was, and still am a big fan of Sircuits Smooth Operator shaving cream but I purchased mine in the sale and I cant bear to pay full price now thats its not in the sale anymore - because its so darn expensive. But im definetly going to stick to the Decleor one from now on because its so much cheaper and just as good - if not better.

Anyway, over and out.

Farouk

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Hey, what’s up Doc? Wink

Have you ever tried Zirhh shaving products and – if so – how do they compare to the Decleor? I adore the Zirhh shaving gel for getting a super close shave for my legs (even though it’s a men’s product!) because it somehow helps stand the hairs up so that the razor can really cut them off below the hairline. I was skeptical when I first read the Zirhh product claims, but damned if it didn’t actually work! Using the Zirhh is especially nice in the winter time when I get lazy and don’t shave my legs as often as I probably should (hey, I’m wearing long pants – who’s gonna know?!)....Of course, it’s important to exfoliate before shaving and that helps make a difference in getting a close shave as well, but the Zirhh just makes it even better.

But since I’m already very much in love with nearly all of the other Decleor products that I’ve tried, I’m ready to give their shaving line the benefit of the doubt, as well! Hmmm, I predict a stop at Sephora sometime this week to scam some more Decleor samples.... Very Happy Fortunately, there’s this certain SA at my Sephora who’s taken a shine to me and she literally loads me down with a shopping bag full of samples everytime I see her!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:41 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Hey, what’s up Doc? Wink

Have you ever tried Zirhh shaving products and – if so – how do they compare to the Decleor? I adore the Zirhh shaving gel for getting a super close shave for my legs (even though it’s a men’s product!) because it somehow helps stand the hairs up so that the razor can really cut them off below the hairline. I was skeptical when I first read the Zirhh product claims, but damned if it didn’t actually work! Using the Zirhh is especially nice in the winter time when I get lazy and don’t shave my legs as often as I probably should (hey, I’m wearing long pants – who’s gonna know?!)....Of course, it’s important to exfoliate before shaving and that helps make a difference in getting a close shave as well, but the Zirhh just makes it even better.

But since I’m already very much in love with nearly all of the other Decleor products that I’ve tried, I’m ready to give their shaving line the benefit of the doubt, as well! Hmmm, I predict a stop at Sephora sometime this week to scam some more Decleor samples.... Very Happy Fortunately, there’s this certain SA at my Sephora who’s taken a shine to me and she literally loads me down with a shopping bag full of samples everytime I see her!

Hey Carekate!

The Doc is cool - if a little tired. The world of professional work began August 2nd - boy was that a shock - nobody told me that the real world was a baseball bat! Laughing

I have tried the Zirh products - the shaving cream and one of their moisturisers - and trust me - while theyre certainly better than what out there on the high street (your comparison would be local drugstore) - the Decleor one goes wayyy beyond this - I have the smoothest, closest shave after using this - I actually get excited about shaving in the morning!! (Ultimate sadness - I know).

I also negelected to mention how far one pump goes - in fact one pump is way too much for my face and neck - the foam - more like thick cream - just spreads forever.

Id really take the plunge. Not sure if they would do samples in the shaving cream though. Definetly get some samples of the oil though - and use this underneath your shave for the smoothest shave ever.

I should remind you - make sure you get the Rasage Tendresse and not the Rasage Expresse - Ive not used the latter so im not sure how that one is and I think less comes in the bottle.

Go for it, you wont be sorry.

Let me know how you get on.

Farouk

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:41 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Hey, what’s up Doc? Wink

Hey Carekate!

The Doc is cool - if a little tired. The world of professional work began August 2nd - boy was that a shock - nobody told me that the real world was a baseball bat! Laughing

I have tried the Zirh products - the shaving cream and one of their moisturisers - and trust me - while theyre certainly better than what out there on the high street (your comparison would be local drugstore) - the Decleor one goes wayyy beyond this - I have the smoothest, closest shave after using this - I actually get excited about shaving in the morning!! (Ultimate sadness - I know).

I also negelected to mention how far one pump goes - in fact one pump is way too much for my face and neck - the foam - more like thick cream - just spreads forever.

Id really take the plunge. Not sure if they would do samples in the shaving cream though. Definetly get some samples of the oil though - and use this underneath your shave for the smoothest shave ever.

I should remind you - make sure you get the Rasage Tendresse and not the Rasage Expresse - Ive not used the latter so im not sure how that one is and I think less comes in the bottle.

Go for it, you wont be sorry.

Let me know how you get on.

Farouk

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:38 am      Reply with quote
Hey Farouk

I stupidly got my boyfriend the Decleor shaving special from EDS for a pressie, and am I sorry I did! Now all I get is..."will you order me some more of that stuff" Rolling Eyes I think I need to drop hints to how much it is!!!!!! Very Happy

He loves it though, and thank you, never thought of using some of it on my bits!! Laughing (my legs I mean)!! I'll raid his supply tonight! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Farouk -

I actually make my own homemade shave oil, so I don’t know if I want to buy the Decleor version along with the shaving cream stuff. Would you mind posting the ingredient list of your Decleor shave oil so I can see if there’s anything drastically different about it than my own version. Perhaps I merely need to tweak my recipe a bit so that it more closely matches the Decleor one!

I just checked the Sephora website and they don’t have it so I’m certain that means that my local Sephora store won’t carry it either. Sad The only other place in Austin that carries Decleor products is the Beauty Store, so I’ll check there on my way home.

Speaking of Decleor, did anyone know that there’s a new Decleor lip balm? I just saw it in an advertisement side-bar when I was checking MUA for reviews of the shaving stuff. The new Decleor lip balm comes in tube-form and sells for $14USD. I wonder if it’s different than the Aromessence Lip Balm that we already know and love, or if it’s simply the same product in stick form?

Hmmm, if EDS has this new lip balm, maybe that and the shave stuff is what I need to spend my $50 EDS gift cert on...? I won it back in April and still haven’t bought anything with it yet. I tried to order the Skinceuticals lip repair stuff a couple weeks ago but received an email from customer service saying there was distribution dispute with Skinceuticals at the moment and EDS didn’t know when or if they’d be able to ship it so I canceled the order and the gift cert is back to burning a hole in my pocket!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Gucci wrote:
Hey Farouk

I stupidly got my boyfriend the Decleor shaving special from EDS for a pressie, and am I sorry I did! Now all I get is..."will you order me some more of that stuff" Rolling Eyes I think I need to drop hints to how much it is!!!!!! Very Happy

He loves it though, and thank you, never thought of using some of it on my bits!! Laughing (my legs I mean)!! I'll raid his supply tonight! Laughing

Ah go on..he deserves it. Just think - having a nice shave will put him in a good mood - which will make him happy - and if hes happy - then he'll let you melt his credit card every now and again! Laughing

Farouk

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Carekate - I only got the oil in sample boxes which I chucked away so I dont have the exact ingredient list. Ive actually purchased 10 samples of the oil (20ml in total) and 10 samples of the after shave cream (50 ml in total) for £8! Thats such a bargain. Ill just transfer those into pump bottles anyhow. Anyway, my point is ill be getting some soon so ill be able to get more info then.

An idea might be to go towww.decleor.com - they always show the main constituents of the oils on there.

HTH

Farouk

Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
I can vouch for Rasage Express - the shaving gel. The gel converts to a foam on contact with the skin and, combined with the Aromessence Shaving Oil, gives an incredibly smooth and comfortable shave. As with the Rasage Tendresse, a little goes a long way.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |