Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Free offer from cellbone.com
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
On a whim I went towww.cellbone.com, and they were offering a free 1 oz size product called Moist'seal. It has collagen, copper peptides, and GABA. I paid shipping only. I've never used it, nor have I ordered from them before.
But they have a lot of interesting, and what I found to be moderately priced, items.

Just thought I would share! Smile

Lisa

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
links not working. Do they ship internationally do you know?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm....the link didn't work for me either when I tried it from my post. Embarassed I was able to bring it up when typed it in my browser, though~not sure if they ship internationally.

I'll check!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I think it was because the comma was in your link! Laughing

I do that all the time.

Maria Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:13 am      Reply with quote
ooops. Rolling Eyes sorry. I still can't tell if they ship internationally. (I'm thinking "no". Sorry again to most of you. I forget many of you are almost a world away.)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys

Ive emailed them. I knew this offer was too good to be completely true. International shipping is $16 and FedEx International is $36 - so much for free the thieving toerags Rolling Eyes !!

I suppse $16 still isnt bad for the type of serum it contains, its just you can see how theyre still trying to make their money whilst luring customers in by calling it a 'free' offer.

Farouk

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:16 am      Reply with quote
OK, I just saw the thread that went through the pros and cons of this site. Hmmmm. Now I am very skeptical.
On that note, I will let you know what I think of their products. I got my "free" sample yesterday. I only paid $9 and some change. They sent me three products! The Erase, Restore and and the Moist Seal.

We'll see~

Lisa

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Farouk
I so hate being ripped off for shipping. I was going to order 2 more of the Lauren Hutton eyeliner brushes but they want $25 for shipping WTH they only need to stick them in an envelope with an overseas stamp, probably cost about a dollar.Needless to say me no order.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Farouk
I so hate being ripped off for shipping. I was going to order 2 more of the Lauren Hutton eyeliner brushes but they want $25 for shipping WTH they only need to stick them in an envelope with an overseas stamp, probably cost about a dollar.Needless to say me no order.

I know what you mean honey. it just completely dampens the bargain.

Farouk

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
ajax wrote:
OK, I just saw the thread that went through the pros and cons of this site. Hmmmm. Now I am very skeptical.
On that note, I will let you know what I think of their products. I got my "free" sample yesterday. I only paid $9 and some change. They sent me three products! The Erase, Restore and and the Moist Seal.

We'll see~

Lisa

I love FREE OFFERS Like you Lisa I received several other samples with the Moist and Seal and only paid 7.95 for shipping. They must be confident in their product to send this out. As I just received it today I have not had a chance to try anything. Being a faithful user of AlphaDerma line I am anxious to sample another line with Argireline in it. After I give everything a try I will let you know what I think. Must say I am a tad nervous as the very first Argireline product I tried before JB (Avotone) dried me out like a snake.
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have really gotten on the "trial size" bandwagon here lately because of my financial situation. I've got quite an inventory!

I want to add that I used the products last night and I was pleasantly surprised. I used an HA2O mask for 10 mintues(Ha, copper petide,glycerin,propylene glycol,GABA)then followed with the Erase(which uses the argireline and the matrixyl and DMAE). I wasn't crazy about he consistency of the Erase but it went on alright. Lastly I used the Moist'seal.

I felt a nice lifting/tightening with the products! Of course, now you've got me a little scared about all this talk of drooping cheeks and foreheads!! But I think for under $10, I will happily supplement with these so I can streatch my Alphaderma products a llittle further!!

Lisa

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for all the typos.....very tired Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I felt a nice lifting/tightening with the products! Of course, now you've got me a little scared about all this talk of drooping cheeks and foreheads!! But I think for under $10, I will happily supplement with these so I can streatch my Alphaderma products a llittle further!!

OK, I have these products. It was extremely generous for the company to send me so many samples. I am a bit confused. Do any of these products have more than 10% Argireline? If so, I don't want to put it on my face. You all know that I have been using AlphaDerma for a very long time. I did work for JB for several month (no longer work for them). After using ADCE and having long talks with the company I am hesitant to put more then 10% Argireline on my face. I think I will write the company and find out if any of the products they sent me have a high concentration in them.

BTW: ADCE has firmed my skin. After 14 months of use twice a day I think my cheeks would be sagging by now if there was a problem. 20% Argireline would highly concern me.
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
You know I am not sure of the percent, I will have to check the website. (I think I do remember seeing 20%, tho.) It does not give the % on the label.

The jury is out for me on the effectiveness of GABA applied topically but I tell ya, wether it was that or someting else in the product, it really felt as tho my skin "tightened" . So, I will continue to use on alternating nights and see if I get continued results.

Winnie, why is Argireline at a higher percent dangerous? Do you really think it has the potential to have a negative effect?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Winnie, why is Argireline at a higher percent dangerous? Do you really think it has the potential to have a negative effect?

I am not saying that 20% Argireline is dangerous. The clinical studies were done on Argireline at 10% and found to be safe and effective. I do wish either Ian or Darren would comment on this subject.

Also, Argireline can be drying (some people). If 10% has caused drying (my case with Avotone) imagine what 20% would do.

Personally I want to stay with clinical studies. Any company can put more then 10% Argireline in a product. In fact, you can buy straight Argireline on the net and add it to your lotions. I trust that if Janson Beckett thought more would be better they would go with the most effective amount.

Very confusing!!! I would think that Darren would read this before Ian. Hope an expert on the subject sheds some light.

Yes, IMO I think 20% Argireline has the potential to have a negative effect on your skin.
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I am by no means an expert, but I can tell you what information we have gathered on this topic so far.
Firstly, let me say that 10% acetyl hexapeptide-3 in a formulation is the industry standard. There are a few products out there that contain 20%, but there is no scientific evidence suggesting that more is better.
The studies done by Lipotec (developer of Argireline) used 5% Argireline in their test formula. They recommend 5-10% Argireline for the most beneficial effect.
Now, that is not to say that 20% would be damaging (other than possible irritation). The problem is that nobody (to my knowledge) has ever performed a clinical study using 20% Argireline. So we can't say that it will have a dangerous effect, but we can't say that it is safe or more effective either.
I would very much like to see a study on a 20% Argireline solution. The dermatologists who caution against 20% concentration are probably just being cautious, or subscribe to the theory that too much argireline could have a "sagging" effect, but again, until there's a study, it'a all just conjecture.
The good thing about argireline (as opposed to Botox), is that as soon as you stop treatment, the effects begin to reverse. Again, that has been found to be true for a 10% solution.
If anyone is using a 20% solution, please let us know your results!
-Darren

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:00 am      Reply with quote
This entire worry about argireline is totally unfounded. The stories you hear about peoples faces falling and things like that is a bunch of (excuse my french) but crap. It is simple propaganda started by less effective products using cheaper peptides. This entire subject has gotten so out of hand because of the one hit wonder companies that use other ingredients trying to scare people as a marketing tool. Then those companies come out with non sence items like cream pantyhose or cellulite cream with aminophalyn that was a bronchial dilater and is nothing new, infact it was big in the industry about 10 years ago and was abandonded because it really does not work or the effect is very short lived. These type of products show what a company is really all about as they are cheap and lower the image of the company. Has anyone ever seen a picture of someone's face sagging caused from argireline? I have heard alot of talk and seen modified photos; God knows I have seen alot of them from just about every company in this industry. The proof is in the results and AlphaDerma has a 99% repeat customer base and less than 1% of returns and even most of those are questionable. When someone comes up with a real photo of someone being dramatically affected by argireline I will take a look at it and even speak with the person to see what else could have caused it but for now if anyone beleives this talk the only loss you will have is not getting rid of your wrinkles and tightening and firming your face. Please again if anyone has had a problem like that come forward and show us so we can possibly help you with other items and document this and for the first time have some validity to all these unfounded claims.
Winnie wrote:
Quote:

OK, I have these products. It was extremely generous for the company to send me so many samples. I am a bit confused. Do any of these products have more than 10% Argireline? If so, I don't want to put it on my face. You all know that I have been using AlphaDerma for a very long time. I did work for JB for several month (no longer work for them). After using ADCE and having long talks with the company I am hesitant to put more then 10% Argireline on my face. I think I will write the company and find out if any of the products they sent me have a high concentration in them.

BTW: ADCE has firmed my skin. After 14 months of use twice a day I think my cheeks would be sagging by now if there was a problem. 20% Argireline would highly concern me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Ian,

I am not concerned at all about Argireline. Obviously, you know that. Laughing What the concern in this thread is companies that are using 20% Argireline in their products. Simply, is 20% safe?

Thanks,
Winnie Smile
Ian S.
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Talking about argireline in general it is a safe alternative to botox. Even at a very high percentage I am sure it is safer than needles stuck in your face paralyzing the facial muscles. Now on the market is fake botox which is getting into reputable doctor offices and other places that people have come to trust. Botox works well for a certain amount of people just as alternatives to botox work well for other people. The question about high percentages is a valid one and should be looked into before use. But it really comes back to the individual; some people have skin that nothing bothers it and some if they use anything they end up with reactions. The best way for anyone to use anything is to purchase the cheapest size of what you want to try and patch test it over time to see how the skin will react. I personally do not think that 20% AH3 is necessary, but some people use it and love it. What those people do not realize is that they probably could use a less percentage and get the same results from a reputable company's product. If at 20% usage there are no people complaining their face is falling off then certainly the recommended percentage that is clinically tested is fine. I have said it many times and I will say it again; it all comes down to the same ingredients in two different companies chemist's hands will come out with two different items every time. The majority is not about the ingredients but how they are used and who uses them. That person making the product if they are not the best at what they do then I don't care what ingredients at what percentage it doesn't matter. In this industry you would be amazed at how many huge multi million dollar companies do not make their own product. I would say 60% at least do not make their own items they just market it and sell with their connections. They purchase from a private label manufacturer who makes it in huge batches 50gallon drums and delivers it to their door step to fill, label and ship. Hope everyone is doing well and if you need questions answered that are coming into JB and are not being handled then please call our 800 number and one of our many customer service reps will answer your questions on the spot. 1-888-476-3600 9am to 6pm EST.Monday thru Friday.

Winnie wrote:
Ian,

I am not concerned at all about Argireline. Obviously, you know that. Laughing What the concern in this thread is companies that are using 20% Argireline in their products. Simply, is 20% safe?

Thanks,
Winnie Smile
Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Ian S. wrote:
Talking about argireline in general it is a safe alternative to botox. Even at a very high percentage I am sure it is safer than needles stuck in your face paralyzing the facial muscles. Now on the market is fake botox which is getting into reputable doctor offices and other places that people have come to trust. Botox works well for a certain amount of people just as alternatives to botox work well for other people. The question about high percentages is a valid one and should be looked into before use. But it really comes back to the individual; some people have skin that nothing bothers it and some if they use anything they end up with reactions. The best way for anyone to use anything is to purchase the cheapest size of what you want to try and patch test it over time to see how the skin will react. I personally do not think that 20% AH3 is necessary, but some people use it and love it. What those people do not realize is that they probably could use a less percentage and get the same results from a reputable company's product. If at 20% usage there are no people complaining their face is falling off then certainly the recommended percentage that is clinically tested is fine. I have said it many times and I will say it again; it all comes down to the same ingredients in two different companies chemist's hands will come out with two different items every time. The majority is not about the ingredients but how they are used and who uses them. That person making the product if they are not the best at what they do then I don't care what ingredients at what percentage it doesn't matter. In this industry you would be amazed at how many huge multi million dollar companies do not make their own product. I would say 60% at least do not make their own items they just market it and sell with their connections. They purchase from a private label manufacturer who makes it in huge batches 50gallon drums and delivers it to their door step to fill, label and ship. Hope everyone is doing well and if you need questions answered that are coming into JB and are not being handled then please call our 800 number and one of our many customer service reps will answer your questions on the spot. 1-888-476-3600 9am to 6pm EST.Monday thru Friday.

Winnie wrote:
Ian,

Thanks,
Winnie Smile
Very Happy

As always, thank you Ian. You could not have answered that better. I did get free samples of a product with 20% Argireline and am curious to try them. I will do a spot test. Laughing AlphaDerma is my HG but always willing to receive free samples. 10% Argireline in AlphaDerma is very effective and I feel no need to purchase a product with 20%. Surely it is reassuring to hear that those wanting to try this product don't need to be afraid of their cheeks sagging. Laughing

I also think that it is a good idea for people to call JB rather then send emails. When JB first came out with AlphaDerma line everyone was spoiled with the one on one attention and prompt return of emails. After hearing from you last night I now realize that the overwhelming amount of emails you receive are impossible to return in a timely fashion. Last night I tested your on line help. I was able to get a response in a few minutes. If I have an important questions I will be sure to call.

D Smile

PS: Thanks Darren! You are always so helpful. I have learned so much from your posts.
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I second Winnie's post....thank you so much for your input! What you said makes a great deal of sense. I have had great results with JB products and will continue to use. They are superior products and most importantly, I trust where they come from. However, when $ is tight(really tight Sad ) I'll settle for second best rather than go without. Plus, it's fun to sample other products Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
10% Argireline is probably the maximum concentration you can have before it reaches the point of diminishing returns. So anything that's 20% is only as good as 10%.

Hey Winnie, How did you get so many sample? On their website you can only get one sample which is the Moist'Seal. Did u email them and asked for HA2O, Erase, & Restore samples?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
eSquire415 wrote:
10% Argireline is probably the maximum concentration you can have before it reaches the point of diminishing returns. So anything that's 20% is only as good as 10%.

Hey Winnie, How did you get so many sample? On their website you can only get one sample which is the Moist'Seal. Did u email them and asked for HA2O, Erase, & Restore samples?

Perhaps they randomly send out extra samples. Ajax also received more then Moist and Seal. No I did not ask for anything extra. I received the full Moist and Seal and a small sample of Erase and Restore. Today I tried the Moist and Seal. Just want to try one product at a time. I found it very light and non irritating. As far as results .... I need a week or two to comment.
queenbluebee
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:30 am      Reply with quote
When I put in for a free sample. I didn't have to pay postage. However, when my friend tried it told her shipping was $5.85. Very strange. Anywhoo--I look forward to my free sample.

Keep me posted.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the sample of Moist and Seal for a week. Your face does feel nice and firm after application. I don't think I would purchase it as I find that AlphaDermaCE has better firming qualities plus every ingredient I need included in one four ounce bottle. The less I have to put on my face the better. Laughing

I also sampled both the Erase and Restore. While the products both went on nicely I did not find after a week any change in my skin to temp me to purchase these item.

In all fairness to this company I have been using AlphaDermaCE, Mineral Prep and Okusil for over a year. During this time I have taken excellent care of my skin and have had outstanding improvement in firmness/fine lines. Perhaps someone just getting on an anti-aging routine would see results with these products.

I am a big fan of Vit. C. Several Cellbone products have copper peptides in them so I would not use them in the AM as using a C Serum is a must for me.

My opinion: Ounce for ounce JB products are less expensive and more effective. The 30+ years of experience from JB also steers me in their direction.

Recently I have added some Pure Skin Formulations to my skin care routine: Mask, Sunscreen, Oxygen Serum I was impressed immediately.

Is Clinical is another winner but a tad expensive. Sad
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |