Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

finally, a GOOD strapless bra
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
hey ladies.

after 2 years of searching I've finally found a good strapless bra that doesn't end up around my waist within an hour of putting it on.

It's the victoria's secret strapless T-shirt bra. It doesn't have padding or push up so you look silly either. Just nice smooth very lightly lined cups. I've got it on under a tank top today and wow...what a difference it makes. I can finally wear strappy tops out of the house!

I think this bra is different than others i've tried because it has an extra elastic that keeps the band from stretching out...

Anyways, go try it if you haven't found one you like yet...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
What a great tip.

I totally relate to the bra around the waist thing. I remember being at a holiday party one year and I had a strapless on as my top was spaghetti straps, and after having a few drinks, I was out on the dance floor boogying away....and yep, the ol' bra came down, the boobs came out, and all was not merry! It wasn't like it was a cheap-o bra either - I think it was a Bali or Maiden Form or something......

Will def. check it out.

Maria Laughing

ETA - Is it an underwire?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I like that you ladies wear a strapless bra under your strappy tops. Here in New York, it seems the vast majority of women are still showing their bra straps! I simply cannot bring myself to do that. I went to a very expensive restaurant a few weeks ago and I was shocked to see the hostess wearing a strappy dress with her bra straps showing!
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
yea...I'm heading to VS tomorrow to check 'em out!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
yes, it is underwire! I can't wear the other as it doesn't give enough support. The wire doesn't poke in the pits like some of them do.

chimera, sometimes looking at bra straps is better than saggy boobs!
Are those clear straps popular in NY? They're better than the other.

I tried to use the straps that came with this bra tonight but they're not comfortable, the hook for it is under my armpit so it rubs me wrong.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
No, the clear straps don't seem to be popular at all. I have a set of clear straps myself...but they don't seem very sturdy, so I can't blame anyone for not using them!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
the clear is popular here...but I still notice them...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi

What size does the bra go upto??

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Gucci wrote:
Hi

Yeah, just exactly how big are your boobs that this bra hold you up? Cuz for some of us, there isn't a strapless bra strong enough to hold up our massive bounty! I mean, have you ever seen pictures of Aretha Franklin (one of my all-time fave singers) wearing a strapless gown when she's performing at some awards show or another? Trust me, it ain't a pretty sight! Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:31 am      Reply with quote
yeah,im a 34c and i really dont wanna try a strapless bra Confused
Mabsy

Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:20 am      Reply with quote
chimera wrote:
I went to a very expensive restaurant a few weeks ago and I was shocked to see the hostess wearing a strappy dress with her bra straps showing!

I see heaps of that in Australia as well. What's worse (sorry, I'm just beeing a touch judgemental here Embarassed) is that plenty of girls not only don't seem to care, they don't even bother to match the colour! So, white strappy top - black bra straps showing. Or, worse yet, *backless* top with a normal bra.... WTH? They also don't look like the people that need support - more like the people that feel they need a bit of a push-up one (I'm one of those). Sorry, no offence if people here do that as well.

The clear straps aren't popular here. You can get them but after buying a pair I can certainly see why they're not popular. The little slider keeps sliding down the strap making it longer and longer - I have to keep adjusting them all day long Rolling Eyes Plus, you can still see them but they're just not as obvious.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:00 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Gucci wrote:
Hi

Yeah, just exactly how big are your boobs that this bra hold you up? Cuz for some of us, there isn't a strapless bra strong enough to hold up our massive bounty! I mean, have you ever seen pictures of Aretha Franklin (one of my all-time fave singers) wearing a strapless gown when she's performing at some awards show or another? Trust me, it ain't a pretty sight! Shock

HAHAHA Exactly!!! I love to find "Something" that'd hold mine up!!! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:08 am      Reply with quote
oh yeah,the favorit outfit of a frind of mine is a baby-blue tummy top with many little hearts on it,and a big bag detail, and a red bra...thereto she alway pull her string on top of her hip Rolling Eyes belive me,that looks weird... Laughing
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Or, worse yet, *backless* top with a normal bra.... WTH?

OMG I've seen that too! I'm sorry, but that is completely unnecessary! It's very easy to buy a convertible bra that changes into a halter bra . . . it looks so bad when they do that, I almost can't wait for summer to be over so I don't have to see it anymore! LOL
Kk1668
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:55 am      Reply with quote
I can't help but put my 2cent down here, among all the strapless bras I have (absolutely hate transparent straps, so ugly, but then again I am not big so that helps too), it is the Lejaby Nuagewww.lejaby.com, there is no stitching, smooth and not paded microfibre material which absorb sweat and NEVER slide. The most reliable and comfortable strapless even compare to the VS ones. I basically only wear strapless in summer with all the summer tops. I don't know where you can find it, but I know they have it in Selfridges in London and everywhere in France, Belgium and Netherlands.
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
I avoid wearing strapless bras as much as I can coz uh, my cup does *not* runneth over Laughing so I'm always afraid they are going to fall to my waist. I found a Bali one that did stay put but then the underwire was digging into me and at the end of the day there were red arcs under my breasts. I'm not a big fan of the clear straps either as they still are obvious, I actually prefer colorful straps showing.

Allow me to share a trick my Mom taught me - put a safety pin on the underside of your top's shoulder, then insert your bra strap in the pin and close. Works well on most tops except the ones with really thin straps. Also, I was at the Gap one night and I bought 2 sets of ribbony straps with crystals that can replace regular bra straps - they are meant to be seen.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Sweety Smarty wrote:
yeah,im a 34c and i really dont wanna try a strapless bra Confused

I'm 38D, sometimes C depending on brand...

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
I can't stand the clear strap look either...and can also relate to how hard it is to find a good strapless bra!

My favorite is one I actually found in an outlet mall somewhere but VS makes good ones too!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:08 am      Reply with quote
crazyskin wrote:
...Also, I was at the Gap one night and I bought 2 sets of ribbony straps with crystals that can replace regular bra straps - they are meant to be seen.
Actually, I've seen these at Walmart -- all kinds of colored and bejeweled straps for a couple bucks each!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Carekate, when I saw the decorative straps at The Gap they were on sale for $1.99, originally $5.00. Only the green ones were left but I still got 2 coz its a great idea. If my straps are going to show, they might as well be good to look at! Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Did you know that there's a bra out that has pretty small beads for the strap? I forgot what department store carries them... maybe Macy's? I saw it one day in a magazine at work. It was pretty.

Rita
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Wonderbra strapless bras!
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies, they don't make strapless bra for very small cup sizes, right?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |