Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
OMG! Aromaleigh! First Impressions!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:35 am      Reply with quote
Well I received my Aromaleigh parcel (courtesy of the very lovely and helpful MariaV!) yesterday.
I ordered Voile foundation in Ivory (1L/1Y) and 00. The Illuminator finishing powder and the Lilas Finishing powder, Romance at Dusk cheek colour and Buzz Lip Gloss.

I also received samples of Aloe, Foxglove and Snow Eye colours and they threw in an extra sample of lippie in 'Honey'.

I tried all but the samples this morning. Well what can I say, these are my first impressions but so far I'm loving Aromaleigh! The textue of the foundation is by far the best I have found, covering without being too shiny nor too flat and not highlighting every pore and blemish. Bearing in mind that I was ordering from the colour on the screen of my PC and descriptions as I didn't want to put Maria out too much by ordering samples then a full sizeI was lucky to find that the colours I had selected are spot on - the Ivory 1L/1y is beautiful on me at the moment (this shows just how fair I am!) but the 00 is also ok on me as the foundation seems very forgiving shade wise and will be super for the winter and the pale and interesting look!
The Illuminator and Lilas are as nice as my usual finishing powder (I blend Prescriptives Magic Powder and some Lilac mineral samples I have)and actually leave me looking more natural. The blush is perfect on my fair skin giving me a lovely natural glow for daytime. The Gloss is a lovely shade and texture and smells like Chocolate Orange so I'm happy!
So, so far I'm delighted!!!!
The other nice touch (not sure if its just a coincidence)was that the lipstick shade seemed to be matched to the other shades I'd ordered rather than any old lipstick colour being put in to try, and is a lovely shade perfect for my colouring. I have a suspicision I may have to order some more in a month or two providing the products continue to perform, and I see no reason tho think they won't!
We out of USA'ers should do a petition to get Aromaleigh to ship Internationally!!!! Very Happy

ETA: Almost forgot they also sent me a sample of my foundation sample in the glissade formula!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
im glad you like it! I use the glissade kind due to my dry skin. I mix the ivory 1c (cool) with alabaster (00) and its the only foundation ive ever tried that actually fits my skintone! They are so nice with their samples they send along with the shipments. I always enjoy the extra eyeshadow samples and lipstick samples..and they always look so nice on me. hehe.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, Sam, I'm so glad to see this post!

They are one of my favorite companies to deal with. Perfect and courteous service, top notch products -

They have a blush called "Verve" that I think I'd collapse if they ever discontinued it. It's one of my all time fave pink-peachy blush. Some say it is a Nars O dupe, but to me it's prettier and pinker. Also love the Glissade and any/all of their shadows and drama liners!!! Laughing

Maria Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Maria, do they have a web-site?
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I use the glissade 1YL, the illuminator, the eyeshadows and am sampling some blush colors. This is the only foundation that is non irritating for me and matches my skin color. I do not even want to sample another and since they deliver USPS now I get my order super fast.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
tipu wrote:
Maria, do they have a web-site?

aromaleigh.com

It's a great site. Hope you're in the states Tipu b/c at this time AL does not ship outside the US. Hopefully one day tho!!!

Maria Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Smile
MsJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad you like it! I hardly put make up on since I work from home but when I do, I use Aromaleigh. It's absolutely feels and looks fabulous on skin doesn't it?
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:32 am      Reply with quote
Purpleturtle - OMG - there's someone as pale as me!!! Laughing Very Happy
I'm delighted to have finally got hold of some Aromaleigh I've been coveting it for ages - lucky there's lovely folk like MariaV to act as my Postie!! Very Happy
The colours are spot on - I've been experimenting and mixing the Ivory 1y/1l with the 00 then finishing with the Lilas makes pale skin look amazing - I'm actually loving my mid-summer paleness instead of feeling like a freak amidst all these bronzed people!!
It's weird to look healthy and pale!! Normally anything close to my skintone makes my skin look flat and some foundations I've tried have made me look ill! This is a perfect match and makes my skin look like 'my skin but better'! I'm soooooo pleased!!
Problem is now I want to get more!!!!(credit card now wincing!) Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:53 am      Reply with quote
yes, im very pale. I actually posted some pics of me awhile back wearing eyeshadow from aromaleigh...also had the foundation on as well. Personally, i know i wouldnt feel healthy with a tan. I find it uncomforting and impossible to suffer the process of attempting to get one even if i wanted one..all i do is burn!Sad anyone can get a tan..but how many people can have porcelain skin? Be happy with what you have. I know i am Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lucia,

I noticed you are from the UK. I just wondered how you ordered your Aromaleigh products?? I live in Canada and they told me they do not ship outside the US??

Thanks

Feliz
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Feliz wrote:
Hi Lucia,

I noticed you are from the UK. I just wondered how you ordered your Aromaleigh products?? I live in Canada and they told me they do not ship outside the US??

Thanks

Feliz
I believe Lucia got a bit of assistance from our mineral makeup maven, Mariav, who ordered the items for Lucia and had them shipped to herself before then forwarding them to Lucia in the UK. This sort of thing is convoluted, but it works to circumvent the system! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Carekate,

Thanks for letting me know. It does sound a bit complicated, I do have a sister in the U.S guesss she could do the same.

I really hope Aromaleigh will eventually go international soon.

Feliz
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Would anyone be willing to mail these products to addresses in Canada?

I would love to try the products but as you see, they don't ship outside US.

thanks

D.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
purpleturtle wrote:
yes, im very pale. I actually posted some pics of me awhile back wearing eyeshadow from aromaleigh...also had the foundation on as well. Personally, i know i wouldnt feel healthy with a tan. I find it uncomforting and impossible to suffer the process of attempting to get one even if i wanted one..all i do is burn!Sad anyone can get a tan..but how many people can have porcelain skin? Be happy with what you have. I know i am Very Happy

Yep - saw your pics - your skin color with the AL was stunning! Very Happy
I too am sun phobic! When I have caught the sun (much younger by accident pre decent sunscreens) I just burn peel them go white again so I prefer to love my paleness now - in fact the lilas makes my white skin look lovely - I much prefer it to the vaguely grubby tan colour I go with self tanner (NOT doing that again!!LOL! Laughing ).

Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |