Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:: Dermalogica Ultimate Buffing Cloth
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:56 am      Reply with quote
Ok so how good can a cloth be to warrant a review? actually when it's this cloth and a pretty good at that.

It's very well sized so you easily exfoliate your back, a tiny amount of shower gel on the cloth and you're covered in suds (and I live in hard water area). It feels a bit like the material of those nylon gloves you can wear but the buffing cloth feels coarser - not scratchy but you know it's doing it's job.

My skin feels baby soft. Thumbs up Dermalogica!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:06 am      Reply with quote
I have a cloth like that...I cant remember where I got it(maybe body shop)...And yes It is fabulous. All you need to have is something that lathers and you are all set for smooth skin.....And yes, mine is also well sized and that is the only way I can exfoliate my back effectively!
Mabsy

Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:11 am      Reply with quote
I'm really glad that someone has finally reviewed this! I keep wanting to try this but I then tell myself that it can't be that different to the gloves and other cloths. I actually looked for reviews of this a while ago but couldn't find any! Laughing

I think I'll cave and buy this soon Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy Glad to be of service. I thought it would be like one of those bath lilies/scrunchy things but it's much MUCH better. Worth the money!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
I just saw the label and yes it is from The Body Shop....So anyone planning to get it can see if they still have it.
Mabsy

Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:40 am      Reply with quote
Eve wrote:
I thought it would be like one of those bath lilies/scrunchy things but it's much MUCH better.

I managed to convince myself that they would be exactly the same, that's how I went this long without getting it even though I wanted it.

Do you realise that's two products in one week that you have me wanting? Mad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:14 am      Reply with quote
I am pure evil Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 11:11 am      Reply with quote
I bought the buffing cloth with my last EDS order and am absolutely thrilled with it! I can exfoliate every inch of my body with it. The large size is perfect! I've been using it with Johnson's New Moisture Care Baby Wash and then following up with the original Nivea Cream on ankles, knees, elbows, etc and Nivea Soft Moisturizing Cream on the rest of my body. Smooth, soft skin at last!
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have had mine for over three years, and it doesn't look any more worn than my sister's who's had hers (thanks to my raves) for a few months!

IMO though it looks like the Body Shop's or any other similar type cloths, it is different. I don't quite know how to describe it but you know what I mean when you use it, all I can say is it's well worth my money.

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Popping in to say Hi & to ask if there's anything else on the market these days that's as nice to use as this? I've tried some similar since my purchase but nothing quite as nice.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:11 am      Reply with quote
debbied wrote:
Popping in to say Hi & to ask if there's anything else on the market these days that's as nice to use as this? I've tried some similar since my purchase but nothing quite as nice.

Hi, debbied! Very Happy

Just curious whether there's any reason you're looking for a different product? Or are you doing that thing most of us do, where we're always on the lookout for something better, just in case? Laughing (I do it, too, because you never know!)

I'm still very happy with my Dermalogica Cloth, but I think other members seemed to be impressed with Japanese washing cloths, so you might like to try one of those.
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
well hey there! I keep looking around for something easier to get a hold of closer to home. So far I've only found a bright yellow scrubber sold at some asian markets locally. They aren't quite as long or wide as the one from Dermalogica.

Hope all is well, how's Major B? I adopted a new baby 2 yrs ago, Mr. Jackson, he's quite the pistol!

Give me a shout if you hear of any new products coming out besides those darn scrunchie thingys. I detest them. Nice to see smiles again here!
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for suggesting the Dermalogica Cloth.

I used this after seeing demo on TV

http://www.feggari.com/

I had to rub in on dry AND oil free skin, which means showering first.

Actual rolls of dead skin comes off and it's scary! Felt great afterward.

Unfortunately, it worked great only the first few times, but once contaminated with oil or soap, it stopped working.

That makes the Dermalogical one more user friendly and I must give it a go!
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
yes, i have these too. also have the exfoliating gloves from sephora as well. i prefer the dermalogica.

*i don't find sephora has good tool products. maybe it is just me*

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:39 am      Reply with quote
debbied wrote:
well hey there! I keep looking around for something easier to get a hold of closer to home. So far I've only found a bright yellow scrubber sold at some asian markets locally. They aren't quite as long or wide as the one from Dermalogica.

Hope all is well, how's Major B? I adopted a new baby 2 yrs ago, Mr. Jackson, he's quite the pistol!

Give me a shout if you hear of any new products coming out besides those darn scrunchie thingys. I detest them. Nice to see smiles again here!

Yep, I still reckon Dermalogica's the best, but I'll post here if I hear of anything to rival it in terms of effectiveness, ease of use and length. Those scrunchies make me wince!

As for me, I'm fine, thanks, but what exciting news about your adoption! Tell us more! (Maybe start a thread in the lounge to introduce us to your little one? Very Happy )
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I agree this is really good. Im actually wondering what happened to mine it got washed and put away due to renovating. I must get this out again or buy a new one.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |