Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

REVIEW - Natura Organics Fortifying Shampoo
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:08 am      Reply with quote
NATURA ORGANICS FORTIFYING SHAMPOO

My second Beauty Bible review from the lastest package of "natural" products.

My hair is impossible. Really, I'm not exaggerating in the least.

It's frizzy, dry, damaged, highlighted and coloured. Part of it hangs in ringlets, then there are some curls, some waves, some semi-straight bits, and lots and lots of frizz. Everyday is a bad hair day for me.

It was with heavy heart that I saw a shampoo amongst my Beauty Bible products to review. All of the "natural" shampoos and conditioners I've tried so far have done absolutely nothing to help my hair. Mind you, neither have many of the non-natural ones either.

The only reasonable decent shampoo I've found that (sort of) suits my hair is Aveda Sap Moss. Even then, it's not perfect.

The blurb states: "Natural Organics Fortifying Shampoo is a gentle, non-stripping shampoo for dry, damaged, heat or colour-treated hair. It leaves your hair delicately scented with a soothing botanical blend of lemon and sage with added vitamin E and nettle"

Ingredients:
aqua spiraea ulmaria flower water* (meadowsweet floral water*), sodium lauroyl sarcosinate (plant based surfactant. This is not SLS), caprylyl/capryl glucoside (plant based surfactant), decyl glucoside (plant based surfactant) glycerin (plant based), citrus limonum peel oil* (essential oil of lemon*), salvia officinalis oil* (sage essential oil*), urtica dioica extract* (stinging nettle*) cocamidopropyl betaine (plant based surfactant), sodium lauroyl oat amino acid (plant based surfactant), sodium benzoate (preservative), sodium chloride (salt), maltodextrin (sugar), glycine soja (soja oil), tocopherol (vitamin e), xanthan gum (xantham gomme), citral, limonene (from essential oils). NOTE: the ingredients marked * are from organic farming

Verdict:
No nasties in shampoos and soaps, ingredient-wise, usually means no lathering - which is the case with this particular shampoo. The texture is rather watery. I do two shampoos. During the first, there was no lathering whatsoever. For the second, there was only a very small amount.

The scent is gorgeous - a buttery lemon, herby fragrance. Absolutely delicious! No horribly overpowering synthetic pong.

Rinsing is easy, with the shampoo being very quick to wash out of your hair.

When my hair had dried, it felt soft and silky. Unlike many other "natural" hair products I've tried, there was no problem with flyaways, even though my hair didn't feel weighed down.

Because my hair is so dry, frizzy and damaged, I only wash it once every 2 or 3 days. I find this suits my hair much better. If I wash it everyday, I end up with an awful, fluffy mess. This shampoo helped my hair to stay feeling clean and soft during the time inbetween washing. My curly style also seemed to stay in better.

I'm amazed how much I love this shampoo. I never thought I'd find a "natural" product that would work well with my hair. The effects are well worth the non-lathering, as far as I'm concerned.

As soon as I've finished off my Aveda, I shall be switching to Natura. It's my new shampoo of choice.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm always looking for a good shampoo. I should definitely try this one.
Thanks for the review!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds lovely - have you tried their conditioner as well?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:26 am      Reply with quote
chimera wrote:

No, I haven't, chimera. I currently use Redken All Soft conditioner, but may well give the Natura one a try when I finally finish it off. I'll review it when I do.

Still using and loving the shampoo, though.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:58 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
chimera wrote:

No, I haven't, chimera. I currently use Redken All Soft conditioner, but may well give the Natura one a try when I finally finish it off. I'll review it when I do.

Still using and loving the shampoo, though.

A little off topic, majorb, but have you ever used Redken Smooth Down conditoner? I used to use All Soft, but my hair stylist recently gave me a sample of Smooth Down, and it's by far a superior condtioner for frizzy, dry hair. It leaves my hair silky and easy to style (which is not always the case with us curly girls).

I went out and bought the full size and am now wondering where I can get the salon size...
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Smooth Down for a few weeks now and I like it quite a bit. (I try to stay natural, but my stylist made me try it because I've been coloring my hair.) It's funny you mention that because I was just wondering if All Soft was any better!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:10 am      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
A little off topic, majorb, but have you ever used Redken Smooth Down conditoner? I used to use All Soft, but my hair stylist recently gave me a sample of Smooth Down, and it's by far a superior condtioner for frizzy, dry hair. It leaves my hair silky and easy to style (which is not always the case with us curly girls).

I went out and bought the full size and am now wondering where I can get the salon size...

Funnily enough, I did ask my hairdresser whether I should try the Smooth Down and he said, "Oooooooh, no! The All Soft is much better for your hair!" But now you've got me wondering. I might give it a go and see for myself, just in case it actually does turn out to work well for me.

Thanks for the tip.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, Violetanne, thanks for the tip! All Soft has been my HG for when I wanted straight, sleek hair since I was in high school, but I'm definitely going to have to give this a try now, too.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
shelle
5% products discount

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:45 am      Reply with quote
This definitely makes me want to try Natura!
I've been searching for a good natural / organic shampoo / conditioner for a while, I'll be looking out for this one now! Have you tried the conditioner yet and are you still happy with the shampoo? Thanks a lot!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:40 am      Reply with quote
shelle wrote:
This definitely makes me want to try Natura!
I've been searching for a good natural / organic shampoo / conditioner for a while, I'll be looking out for this one now! Have you tried the conditioner yet and are you still happy with the shampoo? Thanks a lot!

Hi, shelle! Very Happy

Unfortunately, the Natura became so hard to get hold of that I stopped using it some time ago. I'm not sure whether they had a problem with distribution or were just discontinuing the line.

Since then, I've been trying various "natural" products, especially ones with no SLS. My current shampoo is JASON with aloe vera, and I do like it. However, I'm loving the Louise Galvin conditioners so much at the moment that I'll be trying her shampoo next, I think. After that, I'll be giving the Kevin Murphy range a go, having read so many positive comments about it here and elsewhere on the internet.

The JASON shampoo is very good value for money, though, if you're looking for something similar to Natura.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |