Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Using eye drops
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:26 am      Reply with quote
Like for example, visine. Does it work and how safe is it. Anybody who use eye drops, if yes, which one. I am looking for things that brightens my eyes, so that i dont look tired! I am 17, and dont like it to look tired Crying or Very sad!
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:36 am      Reply with quote
Weren't you looking for suggestions for brighter, twinkling eyes in your other thread?
I think there are a few suggestions people have posted on that thread that may help.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Toe. Yes, that was me looking for brighter eyes, and that is the reason why i ask about eye drops, because Mabsy told something about it. But i do not know if anyone used it and how safe it is to use eye drops , and which one is good. That is why i opened this topic, thanks and have a nice day Cool!
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:56 am      Reply with quote
I have choosen a wrong title maybe, i should have typed eye drops.
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:11 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for changing the title Very Happy!
applepie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I think eye drops are safe when you use them as suggested, but I don't know if they brighten your eyes, as much as reduce redness, etc.

Best thing to do, esp at 17, is to make sure you get some sleep now and then!
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, sleep definitely. Also maybe try chamomile tea bags over your eyes, or cucumber slices. Probably drinking a lot of water wouldn't hurt, either. Smile
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys, thanks for the posts. Yes i know that sleep i important, but it is not that i look tired because of the sleep. It is that my eyelids are falling down and my eyelashes also, so in that way my eyes dont look bright, but dull, know what i mean? Thats why i thought that if i would clear a little bit the eyewhite, that it would look softer and brighter. Ofcourse not for everyday, but when i really would need! Anyway, thanks again. But do you know which drops would clear the eyes, i only know that mavala is the one i would need in my case, but this one is not very safe, i read. Or do you know which make up on the eyelid, would give a bright/soft impression?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:01 am      Reply with quote
You know, a trick of models and makeup artists to make eyes look brighter and more “awake” is to line the inside of the lower lashline (near the tear duct) with a white pencil. I haven’t tried it myself, but I read about this trick all the time in fashion and makeup magazines, so that might be something else to consider.

Another makeup trick, which I *do* use myself, is to put a dot of blush in the middle of your upper brow bone and blend it well and it instantly makes you look more wide-awake and alert. That’s one of my biggest cosmetic secrets!

I posted an answer about the safety of eyedrops in one of your other eye-related threads.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:02 am      Reply with quote
i think eyedrops are definatly save,like Mabsy said.I mean you use eyedrops when you have problems with them,so it would be strange if they were not save...
Mabsy

Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:19 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
You know, a trick of models and makeup artists to make eyes look brighter and more “awake” is to line the inside of the lower lashline (near the tear duct) with a white pencil. I haven’t tried it myself, but I read about this trick all the time in fashion and makeup magazines, so that might be something else to consider.

This does work although I find that lining with a white pencil is a bit too obvious. A slightly pinkish one (like Eye Bright from Benefit) works well though.

Pipilover - from your description of why you want the eye drops it sounds like the most beneficial thing for you might actually be just to use an eyelash curler. It's amazing how much more awake I look when my lashes are curled. it really opens up the eyes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Pipilover - from your description of why you want the eye drops it sounds like the most beneficial thing for you might actually be just to use an eyelash curler. It's amazing how much more awake I look when my lashes are curled. it really opens up the eyes.
Amen to that!!

Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:45 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone! Newbee, but lurker for some time and have learned a lot from this site.

I felt compelled to reply to this post. I work for a pharmaceutical company and sell eye drops and I can tell you that Visine is a vasoconstrictor and not good to use regularly. What Visine does is constrict the vessels in your eyes to get rid of the redness. This can lead to problems like dry eye and it is hard on the corneal surface. It also has a rebound effect, if you use it too often, it actually stops contricting the vessels and your eyes are redder.

Occasional use should be alright. If you have red eyes regualarly, you should see an eye doctor. You may have inflammation in your eyes caused by allergies or dry eye. It is estimated that 3.2 women in the US have a condition called dysfunctional tear film, and don't even know it. (it has to do with hormone levels as we age and usually starts in our 30's) Artificial Tears to lubricate and allergy drops to decrease the inflammation would help and be safer in the long run and should help with the red eye.

Hope that makes sense.
Mabsy

Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Thank you very much for explaining that Butterfly, and welcome to the forum Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:13 am      Reply with quote
butterfly wrote:
Hello everyone! Newbee, but lurker for some time and have learned a lot from this site.

I felt compelled to reply to this post. I work for a pharmaceutical company and sell eye drops and I can tell you that Visine is a vasoconstrictor and not good to use regularly. What Visine does is constrict the vessels in your eyes to get rid of the redness. This can lead to problems like dry eye and it is hard on the corneal surface. It also has a rebound effect, if you use it too often, it actually stops contricting the vessels and your eyes are redder.

Occasional use should be alright. If you have red eyes regualarly, you should see an eye doctor. You may have inflammation in your eyes caused by allergies or dry eye. It is estimated that 3.2 women in the US have a condition called dysfunctional tear film, and don't even know it. (it has to do with hormone levels as we age and usually starts in our 30's) Artificial Tears to lubricate and allergy drops to decrease the inflammation would help and be safer in the long run and should help with the red eye.

Hope that makes sense.
So basically, we should avoid eye drop formulas that claim to "get the red out," but the formulas for "allergy eyes" and "moistur-eyes" (i.e.: artificial tears) are okay?

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |