Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Please help me choose a cream blush or cheek stain!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have dark skin and I want natural blush look. The light colors do not show up very well on me or either they look just powdery. The dark colors are unnatural looking. Now I am thinking to try a cheek stain! Please tell me brand and color that you have used and like in either cream blush or cheek stain!
sunlit
5% products discount

Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
The Napolian Perdis cheek stains are great - I have used them when I'm tanned and the colours are great with olive skins. I also like the cream bluss in Orgasm by Nars. I'm from Aus so not sure if you can get all these.......
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:58 am      Reply with quote
My vote goes to Benefit Posietint. Works well on all skin types.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
I'll second the benefit posietint (or the original if you can't get the posie version)

It's pretty buildable and lasts all day.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
violet978 wrote:
I'll second the benefit posietint (or the original if you can't get the posie version)

It's pretty buildable and lasts all day.

I third this. Very Happy
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
How dark is dark? I think Julie Hewett's Bette or Peachie cheekie cream blushes would be great on olive to light tan skin, and for a cooler look, Vampie would be lovely. My African American colleague has been totally won over to the Cheekies--even though I am ghostly pale, we can agree that most of them work for both of us.

Though I don't use cool tones like Rosie or Vampie and she finds Destiny too sheer to work...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
My skin tone is more olive to medium tan! When I blush naturally it is pink of course but most pink blushes look fake on me. Also, I have dry skin so I thought maybe a cream or tint might work better. The Benefit posietint sounds beautiful but it seems like it is made more for fair complexions. Julie Hewett's cream blush sounds interesting.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
I think I would be inclined to get a warm slightly tawny pink with your coloring. Natural is, well, natural; destiny is a bit pinker but also a bit sheerer; peachie is between salmon pink and coral, and bette is more of a terra cotta with a very slight gold toned shimmer. (The shimmer is more noticeable on the lips than on the cheeks, actually.)

I'd go with Peachie if you wanted to try just one.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
I personally love Maybelline dream mousse blush. I use Pink Frosting and a pal of mine with olive skin (she's Israeli) uses the bronzer.

http://www.maybellinenewyork.ca/caeng/products/face/l29l51l67l2231l2233.htm

Take a peek! Other than that I think MAC salespeople would be happy to find you a suitable blush, the have a great range of blushes!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:12 am      Reply with quote
NARS Multiple is great for dry skin. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using c ream blushes for many years as I find the powder ones drying. My faves are By Terry, Nars and Laura Mercier. They suit my fair-medium skin but I'm not sure about darker skin. I know that Mac makes cream blushes that are too strong for my skin, so maybe they would suit a darker skin. I found it was simply a matter of trial and error to find ones I was happy with.
miss mei
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:15 am      Reply with quote
Benefit's Benetint all the way!!! Just make sure you dot and dab it in quickly and you can always dot again for more even and fuller coverage.
syf

Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:45 am      Reply with quote
benetint, tarte cheek stain (i am using blushing bride), stila convertible color lillium
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Here is a second for the JH Cheekies - agree with all Flit had to say. Go For It.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
I have the NARS multiple that is shimmery and pale. Cocacabana??

How do you guys use it. Tap it in with fingers. I never get it the way the MU artist does... Crying or Very sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
try benefit liquid blush, it's the best I have ever tried
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
benetint is better on darker skin, posie tint didn't show up on me.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I like nars.
It's powder blush is very famous, but the cream blush, especially the stick blush, are easier to be used. No brush is needed, only finger is enough.
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
I am very strongly thinking about purchasing Nars Multiple. It comes in a small size trio! I like it because it is a cream, and the colors can be used for the eyes in case it does not work out as a blush.
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
I ended up purchasing Deep Throat! I loved the color of Orgasm but it took atleast 2 to 3 applications for it to show on me!
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Starlight wrote:
I ended up purchasing Deep Throat! I loved the color of Orgasm but it took atleast 2 to 3 applications for it to show on me!

This is what ended up happening to me to Sad
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |