Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

40-something bridesmaid needs advice....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi! What luxury skin care product from EDS is a must have for you? I'm thinking about the Valmont Renewing Pack. As a 40-something Shock bridesmaid in an upcoming wedding, I can use all the help, advice, feedback, suggestions, (and maybe a little encouragement) I can get! What are the products (splurge or not) that help give you a little extra confidence? (This is a rather large wedding, and I'd just like to look/feel my best this day.) I appreciate your suggestions! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:15 am      Reply with quote
I'm in the same situation...just not 40-something..

I finally took on the thought that nobody will be looking at me so who cares. As long as my makeup looks good in the pictures.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Did you get to help pick out your dress? I know that's always what I hope to be able to do as a bridesmaid so I don't end up in a hideous one (which I unfortunately couldn't avoid for a wedding coming up in Nov!)
mimirose
5% products discount

Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
I am on the cusp of 40 and to be my sister's bridesmaid at the end of October. I am a supporter of the Decleor range and used their cereal mask last night and it was fantastic. My skin type is more normal to dry and my complection is olive but have a look at Decleor.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
I would recommend Dr. Hauschka Rejuvenating Mask and Firming Mask. They are very luxurious and have a very nice effect.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
I got to help pick my dress. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
I wasn't involved in the dress selection...I don't live near the bride/other bridesmaids, but they did a fabulous job! I've had two fittings, and they are a bit form fitting, so I just hope I'll be comfortable for the 12+ hours I'll be in it!

minirose and chimera--thank you for the Dr. H and Decleor masks. I've never tried them, but have heard positive things about them both. I'll check them out. Decisions, decisions....

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
If you haven't tried a Vit C serum I saw a real "glow" after several weeks use. An article I read says it depends on the person but about 50% see a dramatic improvement.

Do a glycolic peel 5 days before (first test ahead of time) and then a refreshing astringent mask the day of the wedding.

I don't knoow why the BM dresses tend to be so awful. I cleaned out my attic and found a black one with rauching on it that is truely dreadful (and cost a lot too!?).
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Debra - If you purchase anything from EDS, ask for the Alphderma 5 day trial kit. The Mineral Skin Prep, ADCE and Okusil will firm your skin and give you a nice glow. Use the Okusil VERY sparingly -- it can ball up when applying makeup over it.
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:

Quote:
Hi Debra - If you purchase anything from EDS, ask for the Alphderma 5 day trial kit. The Mineral Skin Prep, ADCE and Okusil will firm your skin and give you a nice glow. Use the Okusil VERY sparingly -- it can ball up when applying makeup over it.

You're a mind reader! These products are on my wish list. Have you had good results?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Debra - After using the JB trial kit, I ordered full-sized products because my skin was subtly tightened when I used them. I'm 53 and mainly use JB occasionally (like in the evening when I'm going out), not every day. We've had an especially hot summer here and by the time I apply Vit.C serum, sunscreen (I use Avene which is very effective but oily), and makeup, I just can't apply EVEN MORE layers, it would too much on my skin. Maybe in winter it'll be different.

If your skin is dry, I think you'll enjoy ADCE - like their other products, the texture is very nice.
Mabsy

Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:45 am      Reply with quote
I think that for an "on the day" product it would be the Renewing Pack or the Orlane Morning Recovery concentrate or Guerlain Midnight Secret.

For earlier on prep, vitamin C serum and an argireline product (e.g. Alphaderma) if you have frown lines.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:41 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Skinceuticals C E and Ferulic for about four months...love it. Lately, I've been using the PSF Skincare C serum and Hydrating Eye Treatment, which is better suited for my dry skin.

Thanks for the tips on the Alphderma line.

Mabsy....which of the three: Valmont Renewing Pack, Orlane Morning Recovery and Guerlain Midnight Secret would be best for dry skin?

Sharky....I had to laugh about your bridesmaid dress! I can relate....I had a few of those! One, that was over 20 years ago, was a long, lavender flowy thing with poufy sleeves....and we wore these matching lavender wide brim hats. I think my dresses are still stored at my parents' house! What fun.

Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Debra wrote:
Mabsy....which of the three: Valmont Renewing Pack, Orlane Morning Recovery and Guerlain Midnight Secret would be best for dry skin?

The Valmont is a mask, the Orlane is a serum (you use under your makeup in the morning), and the Guerlain is an overnight treatment (like a light moisturiser). So they are actually different in that way. For dry skin, I guess the Valmont is best given that it's a mask.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Here's some advice for the make-up...

Make sure you wear a water-proof (cry-proof) base/powder that looks natural with NO pink undertones. Go for warm natural beige shades.

Use a long-lasting stain such as Vincent longo lip/cheek stain on your cheeks and lips to get a long-lasting (cry-proof) result. The stain can also be used as an eye-shadow in the crease. Keep to natural shades. Clear long-lasting lip-gloss such as Jane Iredale's is nice over the stain, but using Decleors aromaessence lip-balm is more kissable- but needs more frequent application.

Use alittle brown waterproof (yes...you guessed it- cry-proof) eye-shadow with a slightly wet brush or Q-tip around your eye to give a natural outlining of the eye. Waterproof mascara ofcourse...like Blinc Kiss Me Mascara. And here's a trick to make the eyes look big witout made up; use single fake eye-lashes just at the outside corner of your eye... you'll have natural looking Bambi-eyes Very Happy !

"Set" the make-up with a spritser/toner (I love Caudalie beauty elixir, but Jurliques rose water is also nice).

It's important that you feel confident with the make-up and most guys do not like to see their woman in heavy make-up...so the trick is to look naturally "perfect", and they won't even think you're wearing any Smile.

Even if you have your make-up done professionally, go their before the wedding and "try out" the make-up artist...you do not want any last minute surprises with your looks! I had a friend try out the make-up artist she intended to use for her wedding, and since she normally looks naturally beautiful, her soon to be husband thought she looked like a drag-queen with the 5 tons of make-up the "artist" put on her Surprised ! Needless to say she found another make-up artist...

Anyways...congratulations! Remember that you are beautiful as you are and that is why your soon to be husband proposed to you- he thinks you're perfect!

Blessings
Very Happy
applepie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Cry-proof is a very good call...whether its because of the dress or happiness for your friend getting married! Smile
mimirose
5% products discount

Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I am 40 and was bridesmaid to my sister last year. Luckily I was the only one so had a great dress. Decleor and a good photographer worked for me!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Why not just get a regular micro's done for that special day?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |