Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
TCA peel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Some people here have mentioned home TCA peels. TCA works differently from glycolic it can cause more damage. What brands have people used, what after treatment and what were the immediate results (i.e. redness, blisters etc.).
Thanks
VEEnVEGAS
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I did a very superficial TCA peel just recently. I purchased the 12.5% TCA from Platinum Skin Care.com. I had very little peeling from this weak formula...a bit like a light sunburn. But if it's applied in 3-4 layers you get a deeper peel. Unfortunately I'm not able to take 4-7 days off work to recover from a more aggressive application.
I applied Neo-Sporin ointment to my face afterward and in the days that followed.
Although I noticed no results from this light TCA peel I know it gets good results if you have time to do the deeper peel.
I've gotten best results from weekly home applications of 40% glycolic acid peel. My lines have smoothed, acne scars appear softer, and my skin is incredibly soft and smooth afterward.
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
I also use a 40% glycolic peel form Makeup Artists choice. i am tempted to try a lactid acid one next time. I have quite a number of applications left from this one though, and I love the way it makes my skin look and feel. I am very wary of overusing glycolic acid so I only do it twice a month. Maybe this isn't enough for significant changes but I always love the results anyhow. I also use Mandelic acid sporadically. (Not a peel, I know!)[/list]

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:34 am      Reply with quote
I bought my 40% glycolic from Makeup Artists also...I bought the sample bottle for less than $20 and have gotten at least 20 peels from it (my daughter uses my bottle too). Although I only left the acid on for 1 1/2 minutes the first time, I've gradually increased that and leave it on 30 minutes now.
The lactic acid is great if you have sensitive skin.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:39 am      Reply with quote
What does the lactic acid do? DO you get red or is it a very subtle peel?
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have used the TCA 12.5% peel from platinumskincare and it was very helpful in removing some age spots from my hands but not quite as powerful on the freckles I was working on on my face. I think I did not leave it on as long or apply as heavily on my face as I did on the tops of my hands. I was worried about scarring. It did "frost" though and peeled within a few days. The freckles are definitely lighter and less noticeable but I think I would probably have to do this 2-3 more times to completely remove them. Perhaps a one-time 20-30% would do the trick.

I also use lactic acid peels (40-70%) made myself withlactic acid from thepersonalformulator.com. I think it makes your skin look just wonderful overall. Fresher, younger, brighter. I would only do this maybe once every 2-3 weeks though. I'm worried about hyperpigmentation from overuse of AHA's. I don't think the lactic is so good for the "spot" treatment but great for overall clarity.
VEEnVEGAS
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
What does the lactic acid do? DO you get red or is it a very subtle peel?

No, no redness or downtime...your skin may be a little pink right after doing the peel.
A younger friend of mine who has very "drapey" skin (not sure how to describe it, but her skin looked too large for her face, creating deep dynamic lines on her forehead and around her mouth) used this and I noticed a firmer look to her skin after a couple of months. Maybe she was using something else that achieved her improvement, but if she was she didn't say.

MUAC describes it this way:
Lactic Acid is a non-irritating rapid exfoliator.
Benefits:
--Loosens and removes the surface debris on the skin.
--Softens comedomes.
--Deep cleans pores.
--Softens fine lines.
--Extremely effective at stimulating natural collagen production
for a fresh, moistened look. Great for mature skin.
--This particular formulation contains licorace extract, an
extremely effective botanical skin-lightening additive.
--Is a non-irritating acid treatment and great for sensitive skin.
--No "down time", no noticeable flaking of the skin, just
a sloughing-off of the dried, glued together
sebum and surface skin debris.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Better did you have down time with the TCA face peel? Did the frosting look bad? Our semester starts next week and I'm in a high contact job. I don't want to look too bad.
If you did it Friday evening would the worst be over on a MOnday?
Thanks.

P.S. I've used 30% glycolic peels with no problem only slight redness.
VEEnVEGAS
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
betterat40 wrote:
The freckles are definitely lighter and less noticeable but I think I would probably have to do this 2-3 more times to completely remove them. Perhaps a one-time 20-30% would do the trick.

Unless you have several days to not go out in public be careful with doing anything as strong as 25-30%. TCA at this strength should cause crusting and deep peeling. I read somewhere that some doctors think they get better results doing several weaker peels than with the more aggressive peel.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip, Vee. I'll just stick to the lower %'s and up the frequency.

Sharky, I didn't have any downtime at all. The peeling was hardly noticeable. Definitely not anything that was unsightly. However, I would do the peel on Thursday to give all dead skin time to be gone by Sunday. I took only about three days to peel on those specific spots.

Now, my hands are another story. I used more there and they peeled for a good 7-10 days. They do look a million percent better though.
VEEnVEGAS
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:01 am      Reply with quote
Really am dying to take a few days off from work and try somethihng a bit stronger than one layer of 12.5% myself...just not wanting to waste vacation time sitting around the house healing.
The photos below show what happens when two layers of 25% TCA is applied. This woman mentioned that she had picked at some of the scabs...a BIG "no-no"!!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?showSlide=true&Uc=3j69eedz.92e82yoz&Uy=-8ef10g&Ux=0
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Boy those pics are really scary looking! I think I'll stick to the 12.5%
Thanks
pumaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
REALLY!! scary.

I don't think I ever want to try it, even if I had a lot of spare time. Too worried it's going to stay like that forever! I mean rationally I realize it would heal but to go through it - not sure I could.

I was reading one plastic surgeon's web site where one of the pre-requisites for a full skin resurfacing - the real serious kind, not a superficial peel - was being "emotionally mature" in order to be able to face the horrible appearance for awhile. I can see why Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |