Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

BABY has arrived- natural baby-care
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I am glad to announce that my first child was born, naturally with midwifes, 4 days ago! Very Happy
He's a big healthy 9 pound baby.

Any advice on natural baby skin-care? I've got most of the Weleda stuff...which is awsome. Baby had his first massage this morning with Weleda's baby calendula oil and loved it.

Blessings to you all
Very Happy
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Congratulations on the birth of your precious son! Now, get your rest and don't be afraid to ask for help from family members.

I will leave the baby skin care to the youngins on EDS.

Keep us updated on all the cute baby things. There is nothing like a new baby IMO.

Winnie
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Congrats to all of you Very Happy
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:42 am      Reply with quote
CONGRATULATIONS Dancing . I don't have any recommendations as I haven't had a newborn around for a very long time now. I just want to wish you all the best!!
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Congratulations!

My attitude with my daughter was "less is more". I didn't put anything on her skin unless required. She has such beautiful skin (she is 3 now). The only thing she has ever had on her skin was some bum cream the odd time she had a rash (Burt's bees makes a good one- so does welda). Other than that I didn't use anything on her. Our bodies have such an amazing ability to look after themselves if we let them. (Wish I could get that through my thick skull regarding my own face!) Oh and I did use breast milk on her bum when she had a rash once too. Breast milk is supposed to have amazing healing properties.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:19 am      Reply with quote
How wonderful, congratulations! If I ever do it again I'm not going to the hospital, how lovely to be at home to deliver!

I too didn't put anything on my son's skin, he didn't need it, not even through our cold Canadian winter. Breastmilk *does* have amazing healing properties, I used it on my little guy's bum too although he very rarely had a rash, breastmilk helps them have less rashes too, something to do with making it less irritating on their skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Oh HUGE CONGRATULATIONS AND BLESSINGS COMING YOUR WAY on the birth of your precious little guy!!!! Laughing

I have heard Burt's Bees has some excellent baby products, but I've been out of that circuit for a while, so I bet there's a bunch more. Babies are big business!!!

9 lbs., eh???? Wow, he's a big guy! He'll probably skip right over baby food and have a juicy steak before he's one!!! (kidding!)

Again, congratulations and best wishes.

Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations! Weleda/Mustela are both great for children. Also, Boudreaux's Butt Paste for diaper rash. Smile

Get ready for the love affair of a lifetime!
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much everybody Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !

Great to know about the breast-milk for diaper-rash!

Blessings from us two Very Happy
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Don't forget we all want pictures if you can-whats his name?
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations happyhippie...that is so wonderful, 9 pounds eh? Thats a keeper! I'm due in April and I have no idea what I will use for the baby. I'm thinking probably Aveeno baby lotion or the baby bee lotion from burt's bees. It smells wonderful, I use it on myself, I imagine that it would really make baby smell heavenly after a bath!
Keep us posted on the little one, I'm so happy for you! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
congratulations.
Enjoy every precious moment and do not forget to take care of yourself.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats! Treasure this time, it's wonderful! But, hope you find time to chat with us...

Cheers
Jenny
tipu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Happyhippie!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!
Mabsy

Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations!!!! If you have most of the Weleda range then you probably won't need much else... I heard that Mustela is very good and also Burt's Bees.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Congratulations! What a special time for your family.

I agree that less is more when it comes to babies. I hardly used any products on my girls. When it came to bathtime when we lived in the US, I used a nice product called California Baby. It was a natural product, without sulfates, etc. You could find it at WholeFoods.

I agree with the others that breastmilk has amazing healing qualities, in addition to being the best food for your baby.

Enjoy this incredible time with your little one.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:38 am      Reply with quote
happyhippie! What a blessing! I'm so very happy for you and the little one. Bless you both. I admire you for the natural childbirth and midwife experience. Sounds like everything went smoothly, and you sound like you're a happy, glowing new mother. The greatest glow of all!

Thoughts and prayers to you and your new family.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I LOVE Burts bees baby bar soap. I smell it everytime I pass down that isle at whole foods. I get it for everyone who has a baby.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:08 am      Reply with quote
CONGRATULATIONS HappyHippie Exclamation Very Happy

Koodos for you going natural for the childbirth!! Me, I was too darn chicken!! Wish I could help recommend "natural" skincare for the baby--but it's been awhile for me.

Looks like the gals have given good rec's here. Smile Blessings to you and your family!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Burt's Bees Baby bees, Neal's Yard, Weleda oh and Dr Hauschka are all good choices.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations Very Happy

I don't have any suggestions but am thrilled for you with new baby. Very exciting news.

Take care of you both
lorrapaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:53 am      Reply with quote
Congratulations and hope you and baby are doing well and remember to take any help offered new mums need their rest Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:38 am      Reply with quote
Congratulations!!! Very Happy
Ive no recommendations from personal experience but my sister in law loves Dr H Rose Oil for her and baby. Very Happy I bought her loads when she had her baby.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:51 am      Reply with quote
CONGRETULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Weleda is definatly the right choice!!I was at a leadership at their company a time ago,its a really good company, belive me Wink
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Jurlique does a baby line too. I have a friend who likes it a lot.. nice and natural without any nasties in them.
System
Automatic Message
Mon May 13, 2024 12:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Vie Collection Mela White Radiance Brightening Essence (150 ml / 5 floz) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |