Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
The miracle work of Lucia/Ardell combo! Thanks to you all!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
hollywood
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

Since Faith sent me my coveted Lucia brow essence and I heeded the recommendation to add the Ardell growth accelerator--my lashes and brows have never looked better. My brows are fuller and I smooth them down with the Lucia and they keep their shape, my lashes look amazing with mascara! (they're not a 1/2" long but it hasn't been 30 days!!) lol I use both products--morning & evening--first the Lucia and then the Ardell--and I couldn't be happer! Anyone else experiencing amazing results?
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hollywood -

I still have not been able to get my hands on the Ardell, but I've been faithfully using the Lucia and I agree that "something" is going on. This became much more apparent to me the other day when I used the 1,000 hour lash tint that the lovely Carrie turned us on to (that stuff is AWESOME!!!!! I am in love!) , and suddenly I discovered lashes I didn't know existed - especially on the bottom....I can't wait to add the Ardell to the mix....I've been also using the Lucia on the brows and I'm finding I have to pencil in a lot less where I overplucked years ago....I've finished the third week of use and will def. give a full report after the 28 days....so far so great!

Maria Laughing

So glad it's working for you as well

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Maria,

I'm so glad to read your reply. I was really hoping that it was not just my cosmetic imagination going wild!! lol I have an extra tube of Ardell that I'd be happy to send to you--just PM with your address!! I was able to order it easily from drugstore.com. I want to participate in our lovely lashes quest!! Now, I will have to investigate the tint kit!

Deb
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds great!
As I age, I realise my brows are lighter and I do get a little "faded". Can you get both products at drugstore.com???

TIA
Jenny
hollywood
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
The Lucia is hard to come by (japanese product)--but the Ardell was still on drugstore.com the last time I checked! hth
eSquire415
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
hollywood wrote:
Hello,

Since Faith sent me my coveted Lucia brow essence and I heeded the recommendation to add the Ardell growth accelerator--my lashes and brows have never looked better. My brows are fuller and I smooth them down with the Lucia and they keep their shape, my lashes look amazing with mascara! (they're not a 1/2" long but it hasn't been 30 days!!) lol I use both products--morning & evening--first the Lucia and then the Ardell--and I couldn't be happer! Anyone else experiencing amazing results?

hollywood, does the Ardell thicken your eyebrows too?
hollywood
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I'm not really sure if it thickens--but it's made my brows look more well-groomed like the magazine ads--where the brows look more full. I was never sure it it was brow pencil or actually hair that gave the models that look--but I'm continuing to use both products and I've really noticed a difference. My "hubby" said "what are you doing on that forum..you already look so beautiful!" Ok, he's my husband, but I think the brows have created a really nice frame for my eyes. I'm not sure if I helped, but the Ardell is so cheap..it's worth a try!!
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm, the Ardell is another must-try for me! Thanks ladies for the tips. I've been using a clear gel to tame my unruly brows then light pencil strokes to achieve a fuller effect. Might as well use the Ardell, since it has the added benefit of accelerating hair growth.

hollywood, your husband is so sweet! I don't use a lot of eye makeup, just a light sweeping of taupe-ish eyeshadow, but I find that if I enhance my brows I look instantly polished. Brows really do frame the face IMHO.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
This became much more apparent to me the other day when I used the 1,000 hour lash tint that the lovely Carrie turned us on to (that stuff is AWESOME!!!!! I am in love!) , and suddenly I discovered lashes I didn't know existed - especially on the bottom....I can't wait to add the Ardell to the mix....
Maria -
Which color 1000 hours did you get? I've still got a tube of Ardell earmarked for you so just PM me with your full name and mailing address.

Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:19 am      Reply with quote
I'm getting *really* good results with the combination of the DreamLash and the Ardell (both used twice daily). My lashes look longer and more dense as well. I've started noticing that it's not as easy to brush the conditioners on now because my lashes seem more dense Smile I though maybe it was just my wishful thinking but then I actually used mascara on Saturday night and OMG! There is a difference definitely! I posted a photo of my lashes when I had a perm done and I started using the lash conditioners a few days after that photo is taken. I'll try to take another photo in the next few days and post both here for comparison. I'm not sure if there'll be any visible difference in the photo though.

So, I'm loving this stuff! Thank you Carrie! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Carrie, you are such a doll.

I haven't found my way over to Walgreens yet, but when I do - if they don't have it, I'll pm you.

I got the Midnight Blue (blue/black?) 1,000 hour...such a great little product!!! Your reviews are so spot on, Carrie!!!!! I'm telling you, you missed your calling!!! Laughing

Thanks again, for the Ardell offer. I will def. let you know.

Maria

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:20 am      Reply with quote
who makes this 1000 lash tint?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Cautious newbie wrote:
who makes this 1000 lash tint?
You need to go checkout my product review for details on the lash tint: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7546

For the record, I love the Lucia/Ardell combination, as well, and these products – in conjunction with my beloved 1000 Hours Lash Tint kit in Midnight Blue (blue-black) – means that I am no longer searching for a “holy grail” mascara because I no longer need to wear mascara of any kind!!

Here’s my lash building routine:

• Apply Lucia to clean, bare lashes both A.M. and P.M..

• In the mornings only, I apply a layer of Ardell Lash Growth Accelerator after applying the Lucia, waiting about five minutes between to be sure that the Lucia has been completely absorbed and my lashes are dry; then

• After the Ardell has dried, I curl my lashes with either my heated Model Co Lash Wand or my traditional mini crimp-style Luxor Go-Curl lash curler (or both).

This routine gives me the clean, natural, but *gorgeous* look to my eyelashes that other women envy and try in vain to obtain from a tube of mascara!! In fact, I’m so pleased with my new longer and more lush lashes that I’ve actually thrown out all the mascaras – both drugstore and “prestige” brands – that have been collecting dust in my makeup bag/drawer since I began using the lash growth serums back in June. I don’t know if I’ll ever actually need to apply traditional mascara again. Maybe for a special night out, but the rest of the time I honestly don’t need it!

True story: I was strolling through Sephora the other day, checking out the progress of the store renovations while I scoped out some of their new products just in for Fall, and one of the SA actually came up to me and asked me what brand of mascara I was using because my lashes “looked so long and dark and dense but still completely natural” and she just *had* to find out what my secret was!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Carrie -

Are you not using the Dream Lash anymore? I think I may have seen this is Walmart and was tempted to buy it, but resisted - I wanted the Ardell first.

Also, when I was cleaning the crap out of my bathroom drawers, I discovered a tube of Lamas Lash Masque. I can't remember if you liked that. After my Lucia dried last night, I put some Lash Masque on.

For the record, my lashes look great today. Every day that goes by, I look in the mirror and know it's not my imagination. Just the Lucia alone seems to be doing something. I can't wait to add the Ardell to the mix. I can only imagine not having to fret about mascara anymore!!!

Very cool on the compliment you got from the SA at Sephora!!!

Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
Carrie -

Are you not using the Dream Lash anymore?
No, I stopped using the DreamLash once I began using the Lucia because I wanted to give the Lucia to “wow” me with “½ inch long lashes” without any other product skewing the results just to see if the new Japanese product was wonderful enough to justify the hassle and expense of getting it imported to me (via our lovely pal Faith). Although I really don’t know how accurate this hypothesis actually is because I’d been using the StarLash/DreamLash/Ardell cocktail right up until the day my Lucia arrived.... For the record, I only used the DreamLash at night anyway, because if you applied it too heavy-handed-ly, it could leave a bit of a whitish “crust” on the lashes (if you’ve ever used Mavala Eyelite DoubleLash, you’ll know actually what I’m talking about!).

I liked the Lamas Lash Masque well enough for the purpose for which I used it, which was to act as a more natural-looking alternative to traditional mascara, but I don’t think it really did anything in terms of making my lashes better conditioned or helped them grow, and even though I used the product religiously for a couple of months, I never saw any of the “permanent darkening” to my lashes that was supposed to occur after cumulative use. All in all, the Lamas was a nice alternative to wearing colored mascara every day but now that I know what I know, I definitely don’t think the Lamas is worth the $15+ price-tag – for a couple dollars more then the price I paid for one tube of Lamas, I could’ve bought myself an extra box of 1000 Hours Lash Tint!! But if a non-permanent lash tint is what you’re looking for, Neutrogena came out with one a couple months ago that performed as well as the Lamas, but at ½ the price....

Of course, now that I tint my lashes with the 1000 Hours DIY kit, I don’t need any kind of product to darken my lashes. All I want now is something to add a bit of definition and gloss and the Ardell really delivers!! Even if the Ardell cost twice as much as the Lamas, I’d *still* be willing to shell out the money for it and the fact that it’s readily available (at least in the U.S.) for less than five bucks really blows my mind!! Shock

BTW, I know that popular belief is that you only need to re-tint your eyelashes every 4-6 weeks, but I’ve found that my lashes are growing so quickly these days that I re-dye mine every three weeks and this hasn’t seemed to cause any damage to my lash-hair follicles or anything....What about the rest of you, how often do you plan to use the 1000 Hours kit?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Ive been using the Lucia serum for a few weeks now and I too can see a difference in my lashes especially the lower ones. I suppose its easier to see a difference on your lower lashes. They look glossier, healthier and I feel they look longer.
Im eagerly awaiting an order of the Ardell and 1000 Hours lash tinting kit, after all the raves on here about that combo. Hopefully my lashes will look as great as Carekates must do after all this Very Happy
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Finally found a tube of Ardell at CVS today. Laughing (Maria doing the happy dance). Mind you, that is "a tube" as in singular. Yup, the only one. I can't wait to try it in conjunction with the Lucia.

This has been one of my favorite finds of 2005. lol. Very, very happy with the ol' lashes these days.

Maria Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
I just got my Lucia which is in a tiny squeeze bottle. I have a dumb question. How do i use this thing? I got no instructions, everything on Japanese. Do i need to cut the round top? Then squirt it on my fingers to apply to brows? How many times do i have to use it? Any other info would be appreciated.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:51 am      Reply with quote
eSquire415 wrote:
I just got my Lucia which is in a tiny squeeze bottle. I have a dumb question. How do i use this thing? I got no instructions, everything on Japanese. Do i need to cut the round top? Then squirt it on my fingers to apply to brows? How many times do i have to use it? Any other info would be appreciated.

Yup, just cut off the little ball and put some on your finger, then rub it on. I think twice a day should be fine. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks faith! Smile
bez

Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I can only find 1000 hour lash "colour". Is this the same as 1000 hour lash "tint"? Thanks
Mabsy

Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
bez wrote:
I can only find 1000 hour lash "colour". Is this the same as 1000 hour lash "tint"? Thanks

Yes, that's the one.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
How do all of you apply the Lucia to your actual eyelashes without it burning like crazy? It's easy to use on my brows, but I'm having a heck of a time figuring out how to get it on my lashes!
Thanks for your help!
Maria
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Hmmmm...from one Maria to another (such a lovely name! Laughing

The Lucia is burning your eyes? So strange how different we all are as I get no reaction from it all - if anything, when I massage it on it's rather soothing and conditioning...I just use my finger and very gently rub it in. Can you maybe apply a drop or two to a soft cotton swab and gently apply to your lashes as close to the lid as possible? How are you applying it now?

Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:50 am      Reply with quote
maria51va wrote:
How do all of you apply the Lucia to your actual eyelashes without it burning like crazy? It's easy to use on my brows, but I'm having a heck of a time figuring out how to get it on my lashes!
Thanks for your help!
Maria

One time I applied it like eyeliner and that *did* burn, but just rubbing some on with my finger has not caused any burning with me either...

Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |