Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

herpanacine...........
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
strawberry1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone ever taken this before? It's a dietary supplement and it's supposed to be good for the skin.
pumaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
this is actually the first time I heard of this, and my quick search revealed that this is not really a regular skin supplement kind of thing (like one might take vit C and alphalipoic acid for example).

"HERPANACINE® is used as an aid in treating all forms of herpes, acne (all types), dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, pustular conditions, boils, and other chronic skin soreness, itching, conditions and inflammations."

It's a quote from one web site.
I think if you have any of the above conditions maybe it's worth investigating. Don't think it's anything to take "just because" though.

It even sounds like a medicine!
strawberry1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi thanks for replying pumaka. I do have acne so that's why I have taken an interest in this product. I have already purchased it and I will post my results in about a month. I found out about this product from some older woman in a health food store and she said it helped with her sons cystic acne but it took about 1-2 months to see results. I dont think it's a medicine because the bottle says "dietary supplement with antioxidants". Here is the list of ingredients: 3 capsules supply: Calories Total 5, Vitamin A (as beta-carotene) 12,500 IU 250%, Vitamin E (as d-alpha-tocopheryl succinate) 100 IU 333%, Selenium (as sodium selenate) 50 mcg 71%, Herpanacine Proprietary Blend 1,400 mg - L-lysine (as L-Lysine HCl), L-Tyrosine, Astragalus Root, Dandelion Root, Sarsaparilla Root, Echinacea (aerial parts), Ligustrum Berry.
Other Ingredients: Gelatin, Calcium Sulfate, Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Calcium Silicate.

I see what you are saying though the website does make it seem like they are talking about some kind of medicine.
strawberry1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Just a giving an update on this product and it didn't work for me but it's okay my skin is doing better then it has been doing in a long time Very Happy .
skin adict2
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
I used it when I had a skin infection from a powder from Germany that got into my pores. It helped a bit with the healing process, but took time to build up into my system.
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Strawberry1, are you still using the product? If you are going to continue, please keep us posted.....I'm always interested in ANYTHING that may help my acne! Very Happy
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
I was taking expensive acne supplements for a while (Murad) and they work, sort of -- you still break out but the zits aren't as red/inflamed. I talked to my glorious hunk of a dermatologist and he told me that most of the effect is from B vitamins and zinc, so if I liked the effects of the Murad but didn't want to pay $40/month (I don't) he said the just get the drugstore "super B complex" and some zinc and I do seem to get about the same effect. I know he also prescribed me a niacin topical cream as an anti-inflammatory, so I'm assuming the niacin or something has the same effect internally.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
strawberry1 wrote:
Hi thanks for replying pumaka. I do have acne so that's why I have taken an interest in this product. I have already purchased it and I will post my results in about a month. I found out about this product from some older woman in a health food store and she said it helped with her sons cystic acne but it took about 1-2 months to see results. I dont think it's a medicine because the bottle says "dietary supplement with antioxidants". Here is the list of ingredients: 3 capsules supply: Calories Total 5, Vitamin A (as beta-carotene) 12,500 IU 250%, Vitamin E (as d-alpha-tocopheryl succinate) 100 IU 333%, Selenium (as sodium selenate) 50 mcg 71%, Herpanacine Proprietary Blend 1,400 mg - L-lysine (as L-Lysine HCl), L-Tyrosine, Astragalus Root, Dandelion Root, Sarsaparilla Root, Echinacea (aerial parts), Ligustrum Berry.
Other Ingredients: Gelatin, Calcium Sulfate, Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Calcium Silicate.

I see what you are saying though the website does make it seem like they are talking about some kind of medicine.

strawberry, I do know that L-Lysine is used to prevent/treat coldsores. I think this is more geared towards that, since I don't think l-lysine does anything for acne....see my above comment as far as acne supplements go -- the Murad was good for keeping redness/inflamation down, and I've heard good things about Borba, or try my cheap fix.
strawberry1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
msaries1 wrote:
Strawberry1, are you still using the product? If you are going to continue, please keep us posted.....I'm always interested in ANYTHING that may help my acne! Very Happy

msaries1, I stopped using this awhile ago because I didn't feel it worked for me. I used it for a month and followed the instructions to a T. I have been using Epsom salt with my cleanser or just with water sometimes and that has cleared up my acne.
strawberry1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
strawberry1 wrote:

strawberry, I do know that L-Lysine is used to prevent/treat coldsores. I think this is more geared towards that, since I don't think l-lysine does anything for acne....see my above comment as far as acne supplements go -- the Murad was good for keeping redness/inflamation down, and I've heard good things about Borba, or try my cheap fix.

I was thinking about getting Borba for awhile now. I wonder if it does anything for the skin.
chellsta
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
The storngest ingredient in this priduct is lysine and I think oyu could get the same results with a seperate supplement of lysine at 1,000 m.g./day. You may have to take a few depending on the potenecy of your bottle. Lysine BTW, is very cheap.

27 without sign of aging (yet), southern Cali resident, oily skin, I.D. Bare Minerals "buffer", Peter Thomas Roth lover, light skin complexion with golden undertones, naturally curly brown hair, brown eyes, race = Black, Irish, Cherokee.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |